Re: well that sucks...

DC Doug wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

So how will this be policed?
I thought the organizers split to their swanky motels after dark at most races.

Clearly 'dem snitches.

Snitches get stitches yo....

2011 - "Southern Discomfort" / "Shine Country Classic - Charleston "9" 88 Mustang
2011 - "Where the Elite Meet to Cheat" - Official Pace Car - 1978 Olds Holiday 88
2012 - Fall CMP - WE MADE IT!  - 90/86 Mustang
2013 - "Southern Discomfort" - #21 Purolator Mustang

RobL wrote:

I'm pretty sure the razor hate is for the kids, not us - too many kids running around in paddock.  As for the rest.......  How are the fat asses like me supposed to get around?

Searching frantically for barstool video....

I see they specifically outlawed motorized stripper poles.

This is un  American...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

28 (edited by psychoboy 2013-02-08 05:40 AM)

What if this rule is just a clever ploy

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/203/685/conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003

to increase interest in full 24 hour races?

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

29 (edited by mechimike 2013-02-08 05:38 AM)

So much for this:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Tunachuckers-Ford-LTD-With-44-Passengers.jpg

1.8: NO CRUISIN' OR STUNTIN' OR 'SPLODIN:
"Except for street vehicles coming to or leaving the facility, no motorized vehicles may be used on track property from one hour after the checker until sunrise. No firearms or fireworks may be used on track property. No "razor"-type scooters allowed ever."

Line up the motorized 2 wheeler, we've got some finned sea creatures to jump...

Just not after race hours.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:
RobL wrote:

I'm pretty sure the razor hate is for the kids, not us - too many kids running around in paddock.  As for the rest.......  How are the fat asses like me supposed to get around?

Searching frantically for barstool video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fd3M25Aluk

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

31 (edited by Jer 2013-02-08 06:57 AM)

Anyone have video of the Summit Point golf kart slaloming?  At every turn, a body was inadvertantly launched off the back.  Epic parties no more...what are we gonna do?   sad

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

ILoveOffRamps wrote:

As usual the moronic actions of the few screw everyone over. Why don't they keep that rule in effect for THAT track?? I've not seen anyone dukes of hazzard the hill at ECR yet.

That's because in Texas, you don't notice general stupidity as abnormal behavior. big_smile

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

I'm very sad about the banning of scooters. That is my teams main mode of transportation at races. And super convenient when I want to get to my tent and back to the garage late at night quickly without bothering people with a car.

If motorized vehicles are outlawed i think human powered ones should be 100% allowed.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Methinks (or, at least, mehopes) that this rule will create an explosion (pun intended) of creative, interesting, and most importantly, dangerous bicycle-based transportation inventions.

Sort of like how the early EPA fuel economy requirements killed off the large station wagon and led to the explosion (again, pun intended) of massive SUVs plying America's highways.  If we as a country are good at anything, it's legislating to encourage unintended consequences.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

...and we're back to the pedal powered rolling bar posted above.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

So model rocket engines really are just a chemical reaction, so not really motorized right....

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Aeolipile?

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Maybe I can get a Canadian "doctor" to write me a prescription for a Rascal...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Honestly I tend to just walk around after hours anyway, except this one time when.......absolutely nothing noteworthy that can be talked about happened.

um maybe there is a point to this.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

So model rocket engines really are just a chemical reaction, so not really motorized right....

I see no fail in this plan.  Or, add a sail to a go-kart frame and use wind power.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

Dangie wrote:
BoB wrote:

I see no fail in this plan.  Or, add a sail to a go-kart frame and use wind power.

Rocket motors, ftw!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

http://pedalcarguy.blog.com/files/2012/07/100_12133.jpg  I see this being the next problem Looks like the Donk car fro speedy cop with those rims

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

BoB wrote:

They are indeed motors.  Trust me, it's all part of my day job.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2790/4121300064_f4cc57fc27.jpg

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
BoB wrote:

They are indeed motors.  Trust me, it's all part of my day job.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2790/4121300064_f4cc57fc27.jpg

So what you are saying is...You REALLY are a rocket scientist....

12. Gingerman , Heroic Fix award
10/12 Autobahn, 51st overall.
Team Apocalyptic Racing
1978 Ecotec Celica.

gullzjr wrote:

So what you are saying is...You REALLY are a rocket scientist....

Yes.  Just barely, but yes, I am.  I'm also a licensed geologist, should that ever come up.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mechimike wrote:

Methinks (or, at least, mehopes) that this rule will create an explosion (pun intended) of creative, interesting, and most importantly, dangerous bicycle-based transportation inventions.

Sort of like how the early EPA fuel economy requirements killed off the large station wagon and led to the explosion (again, pun intended) of massive SUVs plying America's highways.  If we as a country are good at anything, it's legislating to encourage unintended consequences.

What he said. If Rally Baby and Speedycop got rules written with them in mind, I can't wait to see what the reaction is going to be to my 60" penny-farthing pedal bike under construction. Always nice to have another use besides Tour de Fat for that one...

I think some of you guys would be right at home at a scooter rally. Pitbike shenanigans all night, but the pit bikes are 200cc Italian 2 strokes with Malossi overbores and enough compression to break a leg. And there is no race in the morning, just a speedy convoy on the bikes...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

well there's this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMw-sWZwxE

or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeT4_DzsOq0

Or maybe we just need to think more gravity-powered. Here's a How-To
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7TYXkq4Ls

I have to say Summit last year was probably the most fun I've had at a Lemons race, with NHMS Halloween coming in a close second.  Mostly due to shennagians. 

That said I'm not surprised this rule has happened.  I was always surprised with how much crazy crap we got away with, when the reality is its a Lemons event from the start of the weekend to the end, not with a break in the middle.  So if something did happen, they are responsible. 

I was gonna buy a little used cub scooter, but probably not gonna bother now.

As for the razor scooters, I'm happy about that one, I cannot tell you how many kids I nearly saw clobbered at races for zipping in and out of parked cars in the paddock on those things.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8479/8186938682_69ba152f11.jpg

If I disconnect the batteries from my Lyman Electric Quad and just use the pedals, am I okay?  Well, you know, for some definition of "okay."

50 (edited by mechimike 2013-02-08 11:19 AM)

Type44 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

What he said. If Rally Baby and Speedycop got rules written with them in mind, I can't wait to see what the reaction is going to be to my 60" penny-farthing pedal bike under construction. Always nice to have another use besides Tour de Fat for that one...

Only if you look like this:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/053/d/5/1009___22_02___Penny_Farthing_by_TwistedMethodDan.jpg

I'll bring my penny farthing if you do...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lky6tmTawA1qd1eeao1_500.jpg

...and then we'll race!