Topic: The bad ideas just keep on coming!

After the demise of the Q45 we have elected to go german.  Say hello to what $600 dollars can buy you
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs097.snc3/16461_185520553948_530868948_3925057_945186_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs097.snc3/16461_186218803948_530868948_3937582_905162_n.jpg

Thats right two Porsche 914s both stuffed with parts and rusty as hell...the black one has no keys and we are told that the white one ran when it was parked 6 months ago...I cannot wait to see our tallest driver (6'7") fit into these clapped out little death traps.

Be prepared to have somewhere between 0 and 85 hp of whoopass unleashed upon the midwest races this year!

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

Re: The bad ideas just keep on coming!

PLEASE make sure that the cage roof bars are at least 2" above the helmeted head of your tallest driver. There are FAR too many photos linked to Lemons events that I've come across on this forum where the driver's head is protruding above the highest point of the cage-- as evidenced in Buttonwillow, cars DO roll in Lemons events and that's sure paralysis or worse if it happened to one of those drivers in one of those cars

(off my high horse, now)

GOD... Why the hell can't we find steals like this? The best i have found "junk" 914 was $2500...

Hey if you're tallest is too tall... slide the seat forward, lay it back a bit... knock out some room in the footwell and you're golden.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

4 (edited by the head 2009-11-02 08:43 AM)

Spank we really dont like the guy anyway he is kind of an asshole

Riktor the problem is covering the range my girlfriend is racing with us and she is 5'4" so we have a lot of range to cover for seating.

the head wrote:

Spank we really dont like the guy anyway he is kind of an asshole

Riktor the problem is covering the range my girlfriend is racing with us and she is 5'4" so we have a lot of range to cover for seating.

Sliders and an adjustable seat back.... Maybe adjustable pedals? All would go into safety and comfort.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

We are running chump too so we have to use a fixed back FIA seat

Get rid of the asshole then... DING problem solved... unless of course he is the money.

Sons of STIG

8 (edited by the head 2009-11-02 09:57 AM)

yeah I need the money its that or selling blood and semen again

Hooray, Lemons Porsche 914!

the head wrote:

yeah I need the money its that or selling blood and semen again

oh god, that sounds like a horrifyingly funny theme in the making.

You will stretch 3 or 4 inches in your belts if you flip violently enough....I learned to like a high main hoop....knocked me silly. I think this is what killed J.D. McDuffie at the Glen years ago

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

AndyDenver wrote:

Forza 2 has taught me to hate the Porsche 914 vehemently.

Wrongly so? Maybe. But hatred all the same.

Try it in Forza 3 with AWD conversion...

Sons of STIG

13 (edited by BoB 2009-11-02 02:00 PM)

In Forza 2 I had a pretty quick 914, actually won the Porche manufacture race with it, of course going back to stock on it was pretty painful.  Have to try the awd conversion on 3

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Hooray, Lemons Porsche 914!

I wish that was my car(s).

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/12/LTH08-066.jpg

The one Lemons 914 we've seen has been pretty quick- definitely fast enough to contend. Solve the reliability issues and make those RX-7s eat your dust!

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … 08-066.jpg

The one Lemons 914 we've seen has been pretty quick- definitely fast enough to contend. Solve the reliability issues and make those RX-7s eat your dust!

Hey is that Thunderhill '07? I think I might have taken that picture tongue

More than you can afford, pal. Daihatsu.
AFAP TH '09 - 95th
ASAP TH '10 - 34th - 1st Class C "Ugly"

AndyDenver wrote:
BoB wrote:

In Forza 2 I had a pretty quick 914, actually one the porche manufacture race with it, of course going back to stock on it was pretty painful.  Have to try the awd conversion on 3

The "You must race a stock 914" was the worst endurance race in the game. I was chewing cyanide tabs like Pez trying to end it all.

Oh yeah... I'd have to agree...

Sons of STIG

MurileeMartin wrote:

Solve the reliability issues

Might I recommend a Subaru swap smile

Or if the price of a new Kennedy adapter is out of your happy zone I have a used one for a toyota 3TC I could make you a deal on.  More HP than the flat 4 and as reliable as the tides.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

lots of the reliablility issues on the 914 stem from its bubble gum and bailing wire fuel injection system this pile of parts we have has two carb conversion kits in it, one two barrel with long runners and one of those spiffy weber/deltoro short runner and linkage system.  that plus a decent sized oil cooler with a fan mounted to it and we should have a lot of the issues worked out of the system.

the head wrote:

lots of the reliablility issues on the 914 stem from its bubble gum and bailing wire fuel injection system this pile of parts we have has two carb conversion kits in it, one two barrel with long runners and one of those spiffy weber/deltoro short runner and linkage system.  that plus a decent sized oil cooler with a fan mounted to it and we should have a lot of the issues worked out of the system.

The only thing more fiddly and unreliable than the fuel injection is the center mount 2 barrel conversion.  Please go with the short runner and linkage system instead.

OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

needs more TBI...

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/j … 08-066.jpg

Wow, how long ago was this that they were able to get away with that cage?

JThw8 wrote:
the head wrote:

The only thing more fiddly and unreliable than the fuel injection is the center mount 2 barrel conversion.  Please go with the short runner and linkage system instead.

Kind of what I had heard about them as well. maybe a 3tc long term but finding one out my way is difficult, I know I can get the vw motor to live so long as I use the knowledge of a few friends that are big on aircooled systems.

the head wrote:
JThw8 wrote:
the head wrote:

Kind of what I had heard about them as well. maybe a 3tc long term but finding one out my way is difficult, I know I can get the vw motor to live so long as I use the knowledge of a few friends that are big on aircooled systems.

No doubt aircooled can be made to work, just for gods sake dont use that centermount abomination.   I assume neither of those motors are 2.0l which is actually in your favor.  They are better motors but the heads are weak and freaking expensive to fix.  They like to drop valves alot.

Yeah, 3TCs are not exactly falling out of trees like they used to but if you stumble across one before I do I've got the adapter sitting on a shelf.

both are 1.7 models... but I would rather put money into other things so we will see how it goes, I need to figure out what all we have in spares both cars are filled with parts with any luck there is a new set of valves in there somewhere...if not I know they are pretty cheap to get and thanks for the offer on the 3tc adapter.