Topic: Rebellion in the NSF camp.

What is the last car that on the planet that would have NSF painted on it?  Well, we got one.  Gary Hart will deliver it to NSFIRHQ Thursday.  I'm going to park it out back.

F-FFF

b

This space for rent.

Re: Rebellion in the NSF camp.

???????????????????????????????????????

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I can't even type it.

E-30.

Now I need to take a shower.

This space for rent.

*backs away slowly*

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Damn, I was thinking Camry.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

Damn, I was thinking Camry.

Camry > E-30.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Disguise it! Cover it in body panels from the rolled Benz.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_R92xUUL8

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8OPb4fl … page#t=40s

I...I don't think we can be friends anymore. 

*sob*

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Obviously it's gonna need a flathead Ford or something similarly terrible swapped in.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I think the slow ass K-car wagon was about the last straw for some of the NSFers.

Pretty girl in bar asks Gary  - ...oh, you race, What kind of car do you have? 

Gary thinks to himself, I HATE BOB & lies to pretty girl. 

He says he just want to be able to tell the truth.

It's kind of like when your cat brings a dead bird home and presents it to you.  And the cat, seriously can't understand what the hell is wrong with you and why does the bird have to go back outside.  It's kind of like that.   

Gary is very proud that he found such a killer 1987 BMW.

This space for rent.

Theme it as a flying pig - 'cause the day NSF races an E30 is the day pigs fly.

I suspect if you show up in an unthemed E30, it will end up "themed" before the weekend is over.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

I can't understand what the hell is wrong with you, the BMW has to go back.

http://i.qkme.me/3qkss9.jpg

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Yeah, Schumacher Taxi went the same way.  My team got tired of working for eight to ten weekends in a row only to have a slow car and have it blow up before everyone got to drive.  Then we happened into a cheap E30.  Now everyone gets to drive and we can prep the car with only a weekend or twos worth of work.  There is much rejoicing.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Man have you got it wrong, Rob... big_smile

16 (edited by RobL 2013-02-13 08:12 AM)

ronman wrote:

Man have you got it wrong, Rob... big_smile

I may, but everyone on my team has school age kids that go to soccer, karate, fencing, and all kinds of weekend childhood activities.  For the sake of our families and in order for us to race, we needed to increase our return to commitment ratio.  We couldn't do that and race a Citation or an MR2.  So decisions were made and we looked for a more robust car to race.  We found one.  Hell, for Summit, all we need to do is buy and install tires.  How easy and cheap is that?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

I must admit, when I raced with Junk Male and their Subaru, it was nice to only be out $350 bucks and not have anything more serious than a broken exhaust pipe to fix all weekend.  And be in a car at least as fast as 1/2 the field. 

Gettin' old.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

I think if an E30 will be prepped in a typical NSF fashion, it'll do about 3 laps before the control arm mounts blow up in a cloud or rust. Then it'll throw a rod, catch fire, melt a bit, and turn into a Lada that it is.

A man can dream, no?

But seriously. Flathead Ford, or at least a Cadillac 4-6-8.

K Car Stalker

Everyone knows Bob will only swap in a 340 or /6...

Nick
Focke Ewe racing -> Muttonheads! Racing -> Torque Junkies
86ish VW GTI...now with TDI Powah!

This is NSF.

It clearly needs Flathead 6 Chrysler power.

Can't be a Slant 6, that's been done already. Phil would obviously suggest a Studebaker or AMC V8. Personally, I would just cheat it up all the way and put in a Ford Modular 4.6. But leave the interior in the car.

There's an IHC Scout V8 kicking around HQ right now, I bet it would fit.

NSF wrote:

Pretty girl in bar asks Gary  - ...oh, you race, What kind of car do you have? 

Gary thinks to himself, I HATE BOB & lies to pretty girl. 

He says he just want to be able to tell the truth.

After I installed my lift, my brother came by and taped a Matchbox Ferrari to it.  He said "now if anybody asks you, you can tell them your Ferrari is on the lift."

bs

Just swap the body panels from a Celebrity Eurosport wagon onto it and all will be well.

Now that I've finished work and school for the evening, and more importantly, had a couple glasses of scotch, I've got to say:  Who cares!  Race that damn thing!

If anyone can blow up an E30 in a spectacular fashion, it's NSF.  Plus I can feel better about beating them if they aren't in C class.

The secret none of their class C competitors have realized is that NSF's critical weakness is scotch.  Pour enough good scotch in their glasses and they won't even think about starting the car Sunday morning.  It'll be 1 or 2pm before they decide its worth it.

I always bring the good scotch.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!