Topic: Snow tires+ $500 limit?

For those of us who live in the great NE, this is an issue. 

I bought a running car with many cheap issues to fix, but it also came with regular and snow tires, all mounted on rims..  I don't know about you, but I don't really feel it's a great idea to race on studded snows. 

Since they're extra tires/wheels that came with the sale if I sell them, can I count this towards the $500 limit?

Re: Snow tires+ $500 limit?

Sell them. Heck no!

Haven't you heard, the hydrophilic compound used on snow tires provide great grip once you get them scrubbed down to racing depth.

Race'em. Don't sell 'em.

It's Lemons !!

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Yeah, you can sell wheels and tires, which we understand is a sort of loophole. Don't abuse that loophole (e.g. by buying more wheels and tires and "selling" them, claiming the car came with 12 sets of wheels and tires, etc).

MurileeMartin wrote:

Yeah, you can sell wheels and tires, which we understand is a sort of loophole. Don't abuse that loophole (e.g. by buying more wheels and tires and "selling" them, claiming the car came with 12 sets of wheels and tires, etc).

You guys might consider closing that loophole-- make it so we can't sell anything and count it towards the $500 build tally if it doesn't count toward the build tally in the first place-- ie selling brakes, wheels, tires should just be generating money for other brakes, wheels and tires-- not turbos and radiators.

(Am I starting to sound like Troy? Dear god, I gotta stop with this crappy "advice")

We don't worry too much about teams exploiting loopholes to the point of getting an unfair advantage, because we have no problem giving BS laps based on totally subjective "this car ain't legit" opinions. Our method works better than a foot-thick rule book.

If you want to get waved right through the BS inspection, you know what kind of cars not to bring, right?

MurileeMartin wrote:

We don't worry too much about teams exploiting loopholes to the point of getting an unfair advantage, because we have no problem giving BS laps based on totally subjective "this car ain't legit" opinions. Our method works better than a foot-thick rule book.

If you want to get waved right through the BS inspection, you know what kind of cars not to bring, right?

Me? Oh yea. You already know what my next Lemons car is going to be, anyway (shhhhh). Just waiting for the "all clear" from Docs and the build will "take off" so to speak

Spank wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Me? Oh yea. You already know what my next Lemons car is going to be, anyway (shhhhh). Just waiting for the "all clear" from Docs and the build will "take off" so to speak

must. not. reveal. awesomeness. of. secret. racecar. must suppress thoughts instead with horrible images of a race full of E30s, miatas, unreliable Z's.  Oh too late.

Definitely not bringing one of "those" cars.  Just looking to make the best of what I have and make it through the race. 

Just planning on bringing a lot of JBweld and some bling.

Sell  snow tires, I was thinking of buying snow tires, figuring might give me the big advanage during the blizzard at Gingerman in april.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page