Re: TEAM SENSORY ASSAULT brings you THE ULTIMATE LEMON

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps03238bab.jpg

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Awesome! I believe this is the first RX7 of this generation in Lemons.

I may have overlooked this - what engine did you put in it?

Proud supporter of the "Bring A Sterling To Lemons" Foundation

I'll make it to an actual race one of these days.  Until then...

the one they used to roll the RX2.

they'll have to work harder to get it to roll this car.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Funny thing - the engine is mostly 13B-REW.   It has FD irons, housings, intake manifolds, and throttle body.

The engine is half bridgeported with an S4 NA rotating assembly so its a high compression engine - with an ebay ChinaSpeed T04b turbocharger.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

psychoboy wrote:

the one they used to roll the RX2.

they'll have to work harder to get it to roll this car.

The engine didn't roll the RX2...  1975 Camaro humping me in the ass at 80 mph did that.  hmm

106 (edited by Scotty 2013-05-02 04:05 PM)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Camaro humping me in the ass at 80 mph did that.

Those Mazdas sure are cute.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

Scotty wrote:

You have a purdy mouth.

Scotty wrote:

You have a purdy mouth.

Squeeel like a piggy.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

SO FREAKING FAST!   Wow!

Triple Nickel Racing/TGTW Offroad   
#20 Border Patrol Cherokee "BPC" 
#22 Pink in the Middle Comanche "Double D"
#24 Green Door Handle Scrapping Corolla

555race wrote:

SO FREAKING FAST!   Wow!

This

When they made thier first run down the straight on saturday I spit out a few explatives. Awesome!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:
555race wrote:

SO FREAKING FAST!   Wow!

This

When they made thier first run down the straight on saturday I spit out a few explatives. Awesome!

We had to peel our door back closed as they blew them off on every time around.

when i finally hosed off most the 15w50 and climbed the hill to watch some of the race, i saw how quickly the MTGT and the mustangs were running down the front.....

then the FD came thru.

i only wish we could see the back stretch at that track.

Team OK-Speed

113 (edited by autoxmike 2013-05-06 08:42 AM)

psychoboy wrote:

when i finally hosed off most the 15w50 and climbed the hill to watch some of the race, i saw how quickly the MTGT and the mustangs were running down the front.....

then the FD came thru.

i only wish we could see the back stretch at that track.

That is the fastest car in a straight line I have ever seen at Lemons. Period!!
We (Model T-GT) had everyone else on speed up the back stretch.  Except the RX-7.  That thing put 50+ yards on us there. 
Pretty freaking awesome!

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

On Saturday we were halfway through 4th gear when we hit the hill at the halfway point on the back stretch.   Probably doing 130+ when we had to lift.  Car was running 11 lbs of boost and a real handful.  Coming out of the turns, boost came on like a light switch and it was really hard to keep the ass end under the car it was so squirrely.

On Sunday something was wrong with the car - it was building boost slowly and only got up to 7 lbs.   It was still a beast and I set the fastest lap time of the race at 2:08 with the car running on "impulse" power.  big_smile

Now that one person has done it, I forsee a strong influx of FD's apparently "stolen from some stupid owner who didn't know what they had" on Craigslist for under $500 going through tech from most all races going forward... Only good news is that the number of e46 3 series' BMW's with lots of M parts will decline...

(facebook.com/baconexplosions)

10x loser and 2x IOE winner (or is it wiener? Who cares as long as it isn't whiner.)

555race wrote:
Baron wrote:
555race wrote:

SO FREAKING FAST!   Wow!

This

We had to peel our door back closed as they blew them off on every time around.

Don't forget your jeep tried to peel our door back once too.  We even got it signed by the pilot!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps692853cf.jpg
"Yeah, I hit your fucking door.   I'll do it again too!"  big_smile

117 (edited by psychoboy 2013-05-06 09:38 AM)

ridered777 wrote:

Now that one person has done it, I forsee a strong influx of FD's apparently "stolen from some stupid owner who didn't know what they had" on Craigslist for under $500 going through tech from most all races going forward... Only good news is that the number of e46 3 series' BMW's with lots of M parts will decline...

to put the FD's race into perspective:

the FD was the fastest car on the track, the K was the slowest car on the track (that completed the race).

i'm fairly sure the K turned more laps than the FD did.

we've not seen a ton of GTOs appear since the one showed up a few races ago, I doubt people are going to start setting fire to FDs to get them past BS tech.

Team OK-Speed

psychoboy wrote:
ridered777 wrote:

the FD was the fastest car on the track, the K was the slowest car on the track (that completed the race).

we've not seen a ton of GTOs appear since the one showed up a few races ago, I doubt people are going to start setting fire to FDs to get them past BS tech.

There's something to this.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

119 (edited by Scotty 2013-05-06 10:03 AM)

Good stuff... Sounds like The Maiden has a MPH rival.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

therood wrote:
psychoboy wrote:
ridered777 wrote:

There's something to this.

There sure is.... SET FIRE TO YOUR K-CARS!!! smile

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps913937b9.jpg

Looks like we narrowly defeated the Special K.

For whatever thats worth.  hmm

Scotty wrote:

Good stuff... Sounds like The Maiden has a MPH rival.

Nope.  Not a chance.

122 (edited by psychoboy 2013-05-06 10:32 AM)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps913937b9.jpg

Looks like we narrowly defeated the Special K.

For whatever thats worth.  hmm

indeed you did....i didn't look at the score sheets all weekend, but i knew the K had been leading the FD for much of the race.

if you can call anything the K did as "leading"

Team OK-Speed

Pulp Friction caught the turn 3 hit on vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hurSbPVYG8

I want turbo boost for my car too!

Is that the best finish you guys have had?

Did you have any mechanical issues?  Did you get penalty laps?

Whats teh story?

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

We had issues on Friday with the brakes locking up and not releasing.  If we released ther pressure at the scorched and non-functional ABS pump, they would release.  Hit the junkyard and got a brake splitter from a junkyard  Z31 and used a piece of brake hose from an FC to remove the ABS pump.   All seemed great.

SO, started racing on Saturday, made 6 laps and front brakes came in locked up again and ON FIRE!   We got a tow up to the hill and found out the return passage in the master cylinder was faulty for some reason.   We had a spare non working master cylinder and between the two masters, Chuck used the bore from one and the piston from the other.   Success - sorta.   The rear brakes were biased and we would lock them up if you really mashed on them.

I think we finally got the car on track again after noon.

We have finished as high as 9th before (freak accident) but we have decided we can't win.   We accept and embrace that.   We take our time with drivers changes and always fuel at the pumps to avoid the hot sweaty yelling sessions in the hot pits.

Also our car was burning about 12 gallons an hour.  We could only run 45 minute stints before we had to come in because of starvation.   

As far as penalty laps - we got zero and put in class B.   I was shooting for class C and settled for B.    The judges know we are hopeless.    Class wins (any class) are safe from us.

Bad news is that Jay told us beforehand that the car may be a one and done car if we cannot make HQ / Evil John happy.   The cage we ran with is a true work of art but he wants a "self supporting cage" in the car.   I'm not really sure what this means or needs to be done but hopefully we can get with HQ before the MSR race and work out a solution.   

SO - if anyone else is thinking about running a fire car, be sure to check wayyyyy beforhand so you know what you're getting into.   

I'm really, really bummed because we spent a LOT of money on the cage and trying to do the car right.   I feel safer in it than any car we have run so far.  Plan now is to talk to our cage designer, Jay, and Evil John to see if we can come to an agreeable solution.