Re: TEAM SENSORY ASSAULT brings you THE ULTIMATE LEMON

I think that by "self supporting" he may mean that you have sill bars  and bars running the width of the floor and the seat mounts attach to the cage as do all belt mounts.

Of course, this is just speculation coming from someone who is generally clueless.

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Also our car was burning about 12 gallons an hour.  We could only run 45 minute stints before we had to come in because of starvation.

Holy drunk'n whore thirsty bitch...

That is about 400+HP  === Maiden killer.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

Spank wrote:

I think that by "self supporting" he may mean that you have sill bars  and bars running the width of the floor and the seat mounts attach to the cage as do all belt mounts.

Of course, this is just speculation coming from someone who is generally clueless.

Spank's selling himself short.  I think that's exactly what he means.  He doesn't want you relying on the fire-damaged unibody to support the cage.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

not terribly different than the lotus elite or whatever it was that was almost all not-metal.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

We are working on getting some sort of videos up from inside the car.   

Anyone have a good video of us on the back straight preferably on Saturday?

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

We are working on getting some sort of videos up from inside the car.   

I saw one, but i have no idea what time it was. I didnt see much of what we have last night, but I will sit down and edit together a highlight when I can. I did see the FD roll up at the end of the back straight past the Mont, and since it was on the other side of the track from me when I was out, I didnt get to see the speed it had.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Here's what we got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

Triple Nickel Racing/TGTW Offroad   
#20 Border Patrol Cherokee "BPC" 
#22 Pink in the Middle Comanche "Double D"
#24 Green Door Handle Scrapping Corolla

^^^ You know, I was looking for a good Milennieum Falcon Warp or maybe Piccard saying, "Engage" on the Enterprise...

Thats exactly what it felt like.  big_smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

555race wrote:

Here's what we got.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

QFT

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

^^^ You know, I was looking for a good Milennieum Falcon Warp or maybe Piccard saying, "Engage" on the Enterprise...

Thats exactly what it felt like.  big_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

We (the Model T) have a bunch of video of your ass from Sunday morning at least.  The Saturday SD card is probably still somewhere in Arizona (I don't know what's taking Dave and Fish so long: it is only a 23-1/2 hour drive), so I don't know if the camera was working then or not.

Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsP8Pa44 … ata_player

^^^ This is a very small sample of Sunday with the car down on power.

Really hope we get some of Saturday compiled.

Here is Darrel on Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VkKJpXBvU

ROCKET SHIP!

Cannon....

Seems really predictable too.  looks like taking 75hp out of it and putting 5 gallons per hour back into it would make that car pretty darn ClassA winnereryish.

#3 IROC MAIDEN

Rotary = fuel hungry, 75hp out of it will give you about  back maybe

Team Sensory Assault

2gph*
Dam iPhone auto correct

Team Sensory Assault

Is the suspension setup right or do you boys only run at 10/10ths?!  Tire killers, you are!

Btw, I like the pina colada air freshener... Bob's had one in the Excursion battling the funk since the Chihuahua race.  I'm not sure if it's helping, though.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

That is the exact opposite of driving the Snipe. I likened the endless stream of cars passing on both sides to "swarm of angry bees" and it is nerve wracking to drive something like that.

In the RX7 it sounds like the angry bees are connected to your right foot, and there is an endless parade of vehicles coming at you, seemingly in reverse. Did anything actually pass you? I didn't see anyone get by in the vid from Saturday. Amazing beast. I expected it to be quick, it looks like a 917-30. Burns gas like one too!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

The rotary is music to me I guess.   

I think a few cars did go past while getting used to the car and shaking down the brakes on Saturday. 

Before the green flag, the car had not driven under its own power except on and off the trailer.

Here are the cage modifications finished to make HQ happy with our burned car:

-  Plates added under car and rectangular tubing supports added under car from trans tunnel to sill where front of cage mounts.

Connected the rear backstays at their base.

Connected the main hoop along the "backbone" of the car

Connected main hoop to rear backstays at their base.   On drivers side, alligned into place with NASCAR door bars.   On passenger side, a third door bar was added.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps885969d7.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps11c915c3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zps12dec050.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/null_zpsc4d9d672.jpg

Now to get ready for the full 24 at MSR!

To do:
Headlights
Flood Lights
Find Boost Problem / Boost Leak?

this brings me great levels of joy!

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

147 (edited by Baron 2013-05-28 08:06 AM)

I assume we will get to see it back at the 24@MSR? I want to drag it down that back straight!

or get drug...

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

148 (edited by Team Sensory Assault 2013-05-28 09:23 AM)

^^^  Yep.  Back for the 24.   I say OKAY!     I need to overcome my fear of that back straight since the last time I ran it, it didn't work out toooo good for me.  smile

I'm predicting that our best lap will be 1:50.

I am not trying to be picky or anything....

I would have expected those bars that were added at the "bases" to actually be at the bottom.  This would help to spread the load out AND tie the car together much better.

As is it, that cage could move 6" to 12" before any of thsoe bars would stop the cage from punching through.

The way it was written, I expected the bars to be ON the car (touching the floor).

Rob R.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

Our cage is a work of art.  It really is. 

Apex Auto Works really did a great job here. 

The front of the cage is on plinths attached to the thickest part of the sill.   The back of the cage sits on the thickest parts of the car.   

It never was a matter of the cage punching through.   It was reinforcing the car itself. 

It has HQ and Evil One Approval. 

Quit poking the hornets nest with a stick.  smile  lolz