Topic: Pre-Gate Party CMP

Don't forget about the 4th annual pre-gate party at CMP for those of you that like to show up early on Thursday. 

Last year we had a great time getting an early jump on the fun.  BBQ, Crown, snacks and much much more were enjoyed by all.   Come sit around the table.  There will be plenty of car talk, bench racing and just catching up with old Lemons friends!

So bring your favorite beverage, food and snacks while we while away the afternoon waiting for the gate to open.

Re: Pre-Gate Party CMP

Big Homer should be there 'round lunch time

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

I wish I could join in this time. sad

My grief at missing spring CMP is not expressible in words.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I'll bring beer; I've been on a diet since December and it's really piling up around the office.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

We'll be there, as usual.  Normally we are so overpacked that we can't even get to the food or refreshments until some shit is unloaded.  I've fixed that problem this year.  Should have cheap beer and expensive scotch available.  I'm hoping we can trade for food.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

What time do the gates open ill be there around 2 .

Supposed to be 5pm.  It has been as early as 2pm and as late as 6pm.  Kinda depends on the mood of the track staff and what is going on at the track that day.

I'm a WINNER!

Bumble-Bee's Are we spooning again this year?

This space for rent.

O-SHAT will be pulling in right behind Big Homer, so we'll join in on the fun!

NSF wrote:

Bumble-Bee's Are we spooning again this year?

We do enjoy a good NSF spoon...

What time you guys rolling in?  Shoot me an email, we can coordinate a bit.

I'm a WINNER!

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:

I wish I could join in this time. sad

Us too, Chris!
It won't be the same without you...
Hopin' you'll get to make at least a drive by or something!

I might be there Thursday night...just don't know what time yet....

Driver, Pit Monkey
Team FinalGear
#38 1997 Pontiac GTP -
Supercharged 3800

The GrimReaperRacing team will be there with Crown in hand. We had a good time last year, even made a friend. Just hope he found someone else in the last race who did him wrong so he'll forget about us. If not, scratch that friend comment.

FYI. Gates usually open at 5:00, never much sooner, sometimes a bit later. Most of the time somebody has the track rented.

Mark
Grim Reaper Racing - V-6 Ford Mustang
American Made with worn out foreign parts

What is too late to show up on Thursday?

Mark G. Davis - Hong Norrth Mazda MX3
https://www.facebook.com/#!/hongnorrth
www.e3storage.com

devomgd wrote:

Second this question. We're looking to show up around 7-8 PM if everything goes well, but things invariably don't.

Who can save our usual paddock spot by the penalty box? I don't need a lot of space this time,as I'm not bringing the '53' trailer, or more than one race car.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

SpaceFrank wrote:
devomgd wrote:

Second this question. We're looking to show up around 7-8 PM if everything goes well, but things invariably don't.

I showed up around midnight in the spring and they didn't seem to have a problem with that.

Knoxvegas Lowballers  Metro SVT, Multi-Powertrain-Van, The Hooptiecorn
2013 - Heroic Fix, Judge's Choice, Heroic Fix       2014 - IOE,Class-C Win
2015- Judge's Choice, Class B Win,Class A/Overall Win     2016- Org. Choice, B

I will be late, just found out that my daughter has a soccer game Thursday. Also got a line on a Civic motor with cracked ring lands near Charlotte, so I may take the long way to CMP and pick it up.

The Pre-Gate party ends when the gates open at 5:00 pm.  Thus the name "Pre-Gate".

Then it's the mad gold rush to get your favorite spot and get setup before dark.  So be early or miss the fun.

gm2 wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:
devomgd wrote:

I showed up around midnight in the spring and they didn't seem to have a problem with that.

Near 3AM a year ago... (very long overheating tow unit story goes here).
Nice gent on the gate was happy to check our names off, band us and set us lose on the paddock.

22 (edited by yodogg 2013-03-13 01:03 PM)

Question: this is the first year we've managed to reserve a garage space, and I am wondering if part of the grassy space directly across from your garage slot is typically left alone to allow the garages teams a place to park their tow vehicle or is it just treated as open space by all?

I know, it's a kind of stupid question, but just consider me like you would one of the Clampets upon seeing their first cement ponds. I just don't want to commit some kind of egregious faux pas my first time sitting at the grownups table. Thanks.

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

The grass across from the garage space is reserved for the use of the team renting the garage space.

Wow, there really is a rule. Dang, this'll be kinda like flyin in first class for the first time. Will we get hot roasted cashews too?

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Tired Iron Racing will be bringing Pork Ribs & Brussel sprouts

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.