Topic: Lemons on the BBC website

The BBC website made a list of Top 10 automotive endurance races and guess who is on there, as #11:

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130228 … ling-races

*Bonus race* 24 Hours of Lemons
Cash-strapped amateurs have taken part in this 24-hour endurance race series since 2006. Its rules mandate that participants run vehicles with a budget constraint of $500; violators are subject to a handicap that can greatly diminish the team’s overall chance at victory. Penalties are doled out by “The Wheel of Misfortune”, which cannot be said of traditional Le Mans runs. (DriversDoor)

Aspiring gravel-trap "expert".
Team Babel / Lamborrari / Royal Mail / etc. - 1987 Toyota MR2 | 1997 Mazda MX5 Miata
6x Loser: Thunderhill '12: 119th; Sears Pointless '13: 119th; Sears (even more) Pointless: 13th; Thunderhill '13: 9th; Thunderhill '14: 48th; Thunderhill '15: 25th
http://meltersblog.wordpress.com

Re: Lemons on the BBC website

smile

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

3 (edited by LowFlyin 2013-03-01 08:29 AM)

Now we just need to get the Top Gear team over for a race.

Clarkson, May, Hammond....and The Stig.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

11.  It's one more awesomer.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-quirk/files/2011/11/spinaltap-11.jpg

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

LowFlyin wrote:

Now we just need to get the Top Gear team over for a race.

Clarkson, May, Hammond....and The Stig.

what about his bacon eating American cousin tSoG?

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

I hereby throw down them stiff-lipped snaggle-toothed wannabes an automotive challenge!!

We Americans (Spank, SoCal.Collins, Cowdriver, myself et al) in our respective crappy Brit cars - against them limey bastards in a @#$%& 1st gen Fiero. Lets see if they can do better with our garbage than we have with theirs.

A flogging of the crappiest 'sporting cars' of each others countries. A cultural cross pollination if you will, only with more fire and tetanus. They can have their meat-pies, warm beer and tea, we've got bacon, cold beer and errant Windext bottles!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Sparky Pete wrote:

I hereby throw down them stiff-lipped snaggle-toothed wannabes an automotive challenge!!

We Americans (Spank, SoCal.Collins, Cowdriver, myself et al) in our respective crappy Brit cars - against them limey bastards in a @#$%& 1st gen Fiero. Lets see if they can do better with our garbage than we have with theirs.

A flogging of the crappiest 'sporting cars' of each others countries. A cultural cross pollination if you will, only with more fire and tetanus. They can have their meat-pies, warm beer and tea, we've got bacon, cold beer and errant Windext bottles!!

I'm in, and can offer two cars for the effort!

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

Any race that any of the 4 wanted to drive, I would gladly offer up a seat in any of the cars that we have.  I can't offer up seats for all 4, but would gladly provide a seat, beer, food, etc for 1 of them.  Who do we make the offer to?  This needs to happen.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Sparky Pete wrote:

... errant Windext bottles!!

I've got a surprise for them...

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I've got 2 cars to bring to the POME challenge.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

I do quite believe Captain Slow to be a proper fellow and would fancy a pint with him.

Or a race would do...  I think he would tell you the 1st gen fiero is a great car.

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

I'd share a pint with that Hamster fellow.  He also did a big flippy crash and refused to die. Seems a nice fit.

Plus, I could probably use a spare hamster or two after stomping us some Sunbeam ass at Evil Genius'es Dyno party.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

13 (edited by therood 2013-03-01 01:58 PM)

davisriley wrote:

Any race that any of the 4 wanted to drive, I would gladly offer up a seat in any of the cars that we have.  I can't offer up seats for all 4, but would gladly provide a seat, beer, food, etc for 1 of them.  Who do we make the offer to?  This needs to happen.

The show is best when they compete against each other with three (or four) different cars. For comedic purposes:

Clarkson drives something tiny like an MR2 or the Tinyvette.
Hammond drives a big 'merican luxury car.
May drives something ridiculously depreciated, like a BMW E32.
I'd love to see how The Stig handles one of the "proper race cars" like Eyesore's Miata, the Metro Gnome, the Model T GT or the Launcha Splatos.

But the Britcar 24 episode they did was awesome when they shared the biodiesel BMW. From an entertainment standpoint, I'd love to see someone just give them a car for the weekend and see how awful they'd do without any of their usual mechanical support. Just leave them to it and let them sort it out. It really wouldn't matter what they'd drive; it'd be entertaining regardless.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

The show is best when they compete against each other with three (or four) different cars. For comedic purposes:

Clarkson drives something tiny like an MR2 or the Tinyvette.
Hammond drives a big 'merican luxury car.
May drives something ridiculously depreciated, like a BMW E32.
I'd love to see how The Stig handles one of the "proper race cars" like le mopar

the Stig can join tehSoG anytime.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

The Top Gear UK guys know all about Lemons. Maybe some day they'll show up to a race.

Pitch sent to them.  Awaiting response

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I have one of their favorite cars that they can use for free, Ford Mondeo. Well its a contour but close enough. I will pay for the car to enter and get it to CMP, NJMP, or Summit Point if they will come.

If they were to do it I would assume the build would be part of it.  If you have a team of professional builders how long would it really take to get a car ready to pass Lemons tech.  Of course I would expect top gear us to do it first, if they were smart the us guys would propose the 2 to do a race against each other for a special.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Sparky Pete wrote:

A flogging of the crappiest 'sporting cars' of each others countries. A cultural cross pollination if you will, only with more fire and tetanus. They can have their meat-pies, warm beer and tea, we've got bacon, cold beer and errant Windex bottles!!

Write/email them. Include pics of the bee. How could they not laugh/refuse?

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=20792

They could just get involved in the K it Forward Project!

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

Judge Phil wrote:

The Top Gear UK guys know all about Lemons. Maybe some day they'll show up to a race.

Chances are we'd have a better shot at the Top Gear USA team.

I've got Rutledges e-mail. Maybe I'll send him a message and see whether their producers are interested.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Chances are we'd have a better shot at the Top Gear USA team.

I've got Rutledges e-mail. Maybe I'll send him a message and see whether their producers are interested.

Every producer in California claims to be interested in Lemons, and they're on the phone with Jay all the time. As you can see, this does not translate into huge amounts of Lemons on TV.

either set of three (or four) would fit nicely in the K, and we still need a team of drivers for the ECR race in may.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

psychoboy wrote:

either set of three (or four) would fit nicely in the K, and we still need a team of drivers for the ECR race in may.

As Captain Slow is a WWII historian, we would have to get the TG america team in the K car & the TG Brittan in an MG or Jag, the rest of us would have to re-theme  our cars as one of the Axis Nations by country of origin. BMW & MBZ as Nazi Germans, Honda, Toyota, Nissan & Mazda as Japanese Kamikasi, & Fiats, Lancias & Alfas  as Facist Italians. We could re-enact all of the great battles.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Knowing how much they love to hate on the old Beetle, I am sure either CrazyMike or I would love to offer them a seat in our bugs- even as a booby prize!

(Mmmmm, boooobies......)

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class