Topic: Do these guys race in Lemons?

I had some time to kill yesterday and went to Sears Point to hang out at the track. Saw this car up near the shops. Is it a Lemons Racer?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UwJsZKnmJZA/UTqVLRCQmQI/AAAAAAAAF7s/X9S8wH79vnY/s600/DSC_0409.JPG

I also snapped some shots of the SimRaceway Emotion driving school Formula 3 Lola cars.. pretty cool

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-84Ip1NMyx7I/UTqVOVR3cYI/AAAAAAAAF_0/K0F6wi8Y9XI/s600/DSC_0632.JPG

Other shots and shots from the Karting track are in this album if you are interested...

https://plus.google.com/photos/10568763 … 2195867409

Man I hope we have the same weather for Sears Pointless it is amazing sunny and cool out here this weekend.... but like they say... it always rains at Sears Pointless

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

2 (edited by rodknox2 2013-03-09 03:43 PM)

Re: Do these guys race in Lemons?

It doesn't look familiar...might be a noob...or...  That number probably won't work...38... hmmm that's Team Krider's number...could they be hiding something?  There's a club sticker on the roll bar.

I did the 125cc shifter kart class a few years ago...it put a smile on my face for a week... it's everything people say it is, what a blast.
Started off the morning with 2 hands on the wheel having a hard time getting to the shifter.   By the afternoon, 1 hand on the wheel, the other on the shifter going like hell.  Great track layout.

If anyone needs an idea for a birthday present...

I think that crapcans are bleeding over into the normal.  All I know is I have handed the celica out like halloween candy to all the other instructors with my local pca/bmwcca chapters, and now there are 10 or so that go Lemons/Chumpcar racing.  They all come back and say it's the most fun they have had on track, and coming fro the gt-3, turbo, m3 contingent is high praise indeed.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I don't know anything but the concept of crapcan spy shots makes me chuckle a bit.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

rodknox2 wrote:

If anyone needs a birthday present...

You bet, you can buy it for my birthday!! Thanks

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

I did not ask about how much the Karting was.. but the Formula 3 cars, it is $1900 for a 1/2 day or $4000 for a two day. Plus insurance. 

I was like oh man, looks like fun but a two day race event for us costs less and we split it up between 3-5 people. We also take the car home, but that is not always a plus.

The trainer was really cool he knew about Lemons and said it does not matter what you race, if you are on the track racing other cars its fun. So what ever gets you out there. He let me take a pretty close look at the cars, answered lots of questions, and told me I could hang on the wall next to the hot pits, but his boss later told me I had to stay on the other side of the fence. 

There is Drifting and Drag Racing there on Wednesday night. I am going to try and get to the track for that as well. I am here to work though and sadly that comes first.

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

The check's in the mail...just show up and tell'em I sent ya...happy birthday

you misquoted me but no biggy...have fun

That's an old Lemons car that was run by the Mitsubishi tuning shop 'Works' at Sears Point. It lives there parked in front of their shop.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

That's an Altamont veteran!

Lorin Mueller
Scuderia Asino formerly Team Haulin' Ass - 83 Plymouth Scamp
Team Soccer Moms - 93 Dodge Caravan