Topic: want to move "up", get club racing licenses?

This is from Anthony Magagnoli Spec E30 national champ last year - Great Guy:

Hey folks, I am running the BMW Club Racing School at Mid-Ohio on April 5-7. We would like to get some more students on board! Those that qualify would include consistent A-group level drivers, DE Instructors, current racers, moderately trained monkeys, and even Lemons racers. (I will be checking references!) It's an awesome experience for those just looking to learn new things behind the wheel, as well as one of the best schools available for those who are looking to get their license! Graduates will be qualified to apply for their BMW Club Racing license, which will usually be accepted by other organizations (NASA, SCCA).

they (we) know this experience counts, the "even, Lemons racers..." language notwithstanding.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Re: want to move "up", get club racing licenses?

I guess we're the lowest form of driver.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Bad timing.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Linky for more info?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Moderately Trained Monkeys rated higher than Lemons drivers?

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

6 (edited by Mike C. 2013-03-22 10:14 AM)

FJ40Jim wrote:

Linky for more info?

Here is the link Anthony provided - I just asked him if I can give you his e mail address, or if he has a website - I'll pm you when I hear anything else.
http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/events/events.aspx

and FJ40 - I see that Dan knows Anthony and is talking to him about this on FB, so he can probably point you in the right direction.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Moderately Trained Monkeys rated higher than Lemons drivers?

Is this an attempt at using humor to cover up harsh criticism?

my local website works with our local BMWCCA chapter to hold our autox events (they supply the timing equipment and the insurance, we supply the bulk of the paying racers)...

while most of our local guys are pretty decent fellows, we have a few local BMW guys that get really butt hurt when our Lemons cars and drivers whup up on their esteemed rides.

beating their times with a "prepped Lemons car" is one thing, beating their times IN THEIR OWN CAR is quite another.

nothing is quite as ego-deflating as riding along with someone who has never driven your car before and watching him find dozens of seconds you left on the course.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Hahahha....

I work with Anthony at a "major car company"....... He's run plenty of Lemons, he's just trying to drum up some business with a little humor. I guess any press is good press!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Thanks for the post, Mike!
I'm glad at least Spinnetti could see my humor. I'm a proud Lemons/Chump racer! Of course, I was just kidding ;-)

If anyone has any questions or would like to know if they would qualify, please email me at amagagnoli@Gmail.com. $500 for 3 days is a smoking deal here, folks!

Thanks!

- Anthony Magagnoli
2012 NASA SpecE30 National Champion

DriveFasterNow.com

I can't speak for other sanctioning bodies but the guys at the SVRA were not dismissive of Lemons seat time. The former competition director ran at PBIR with Lemons and there chief driving instructor Peter Krause has run both Lemons and Chump.

Seat time is seat time.

If you went to a vintage weekend with all your documented time and went to their driving instruction / track sessions they would probably let you run with rookie tags and then issue a provisional license.

But check with them.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Wait, I am on par with a moderately trained monkey? Hell yes, promotion.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker