Topic: Who is the captain?

Somehow I didn't step back when our team required someone to step forward and be captain.  You can guess what happened.

Being that my experience is limited to managing my sock drawer, I couldn't explain many of my decisions other than with "who's the captain?"

After seeing this video, now I know how ridiculous I must've looked to the team.  Ho hum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-uemc-e3w

Re: Who is the captain?

It all makes sense now....... that's why they always say yes to all of those stupid ideas I have.

It Ain't My Fault

I am the Captain of Cardigans. My captain abilities are rather limited.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

I am the captain/lead monkey/ringleader/psychiatrist/driving coach of both Team Fiery Death! and Toothless racing deadbeats.  Somehow I was the one with the brilliant idea to come up with this fool idea.  Love almost every minute of it.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Picard.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

My teammates call me, "El Delusional Capitain".

It sounds rather exotic, really.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I prefer El Conquistador

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

8 (edited by BoB 2013-03-28 10:44 AM)

My team is afraid to go against me.  The are afraid I would make them have to be captain.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

My team is afraid to go against me.  The are afraid I would make them have to be captain.

I just let them know that if they don't like how I do it then the job is theirs, shockingly nobody has stepped up

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

I have the empty spot in the driveway, that's how I ended up captain

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

I am not sure how I got that role.

I built a couple of Lemons car mostly myself (thanks for the help I did get Jeff, Julie, Josh!).

I organize the sleep schedules and packing lists for our races.

I make sure the car is ready to go.

My Wife, Julie, makes sure we have food and takes care of the tech stuff and making sure we have water, gas, oil, etc.

Jeff drives the piss out of the car and helps with wrenching.  Josh does pretty much the same (although not *quite* as fast as Jeff...    ...like .5 sec off fast lap).

It seems to work well for us.

Rob R.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

I bought the sawzall. THIS is why I am your king.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1gf332VW1qlq91l.jpg

Really, I cut up my friend's car. That's how it all started.

K Car Stalker

You rang?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/roger-penske-standing-480x300.jpg

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

You rang?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/roger-penske-standing-480x300.jpg

And you win pat.  Game over.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

BoB wrote:

BoB speaks the truth.  This is why I pre-self-proclaimed myself Chief Science Officer and Evil Brewmeister.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera -   Brewmeister / Chief Science Officer
2012: Chubba Cheddar Enduro ** 2011: Showroom Schlock Shootout ** 2010: Rod Blagojevich Never-Say-Die 500

I bought the car, provided the driveway space, and have done 90% of the wrenching. Captain duties just came along with it. I think I also happened to mutter the phrase "captain's log.. that didn't go well" somewhere near the beginning, which kind of concreted it.

one of the more twisted members of the team keeps trying to add "Team Fuhrer" next to my name on the car. I keep threatening to punch him in the face with a wrench.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice