Topic: Paddock space @ thunderhill

So how does the paddock space worn @ thunderhill?  Are there fixed size spaces, or does everyone just take up as little as they need and no more?

And the other question, can a family member who's not on the Crew park their RV in te paddock with us as a support vehicle, or is that team members only?

Thanks!

Re: Paddock space @ thunderhill

with well over 120 cars registered....I'm sure paddock space will be at a premium....unless someone is really lucky and has a swanky garage.....wish I did anyway

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

There are no reserved spots, and with the size of the field, being able to squeeze an RV into your spot is not recommended. If you can tow the car with your RV and park everything in a straight line, that'll be your best bet.

Ahh, so I assume there are remote campsites for spectators and teams with lots of groupies?  We have to leave room in the our space for the cooking rig.

A good SCCA event will see over 200 racers, many of whom have toters/RV's/enclosed trailers, etc.  The paddock will be full, but it's not like this event is going to be much bigger than an average race weekend.  My advice is that if you have a bunch of groupies, set up at either extreme end of the paddock.  That is, either along the fence near T1 or way down at the far end near T14/15.  In the middle and under the canopies, folks tend to really pack in there and might get a little aggro if you take up a bunch of space.  Also, you should put your open trailer in the parking lot behind the garages to conserve usable paddock space.

Cheers,

Dean