Topic: mylaps redesign?

Just tried to pull up the pointless results, and found a new slick ui and a bunch of broken links. Anybody know what's up with the mylaps site? Poor timing guy...

Auto Lemon Union www.facebook.com/autolemonunion     
'11 - Point, Sweat, Skank; '12 - Point, Sweat, Vodden, Freeze, '13 Point (+even), Turrible, Vodden, Freeze, '14 Problem, Point, Turrible, Vodden, Freeze, '15 Point, Lemonites, Freeze.

Re: mylaps redesign?

They had notice on their home page that they were upgrading...
Now to try and figure out which throwaway email address I created my account with so I can get back in.
[... one mans new slick  ui is another mans useless glitz and bling]

I finally gave up on trying to "upgrade" my account and just created a new account.  Even that took a few tries.  One time it told me I needed an "organization account".  I finally got the new account going last night.

If you are making a new account the new passwords have to include letters with both upper and lower case, numerals, and a symbol.  Sad part is it does not tell you that up front and will only tell you one thing is wrong at a time.  Say you try to use "password".  It will tell you that at least one letter must be capitalized.  So you try "Password" and it tells you it must have at least one numeral.  So you try "Password1" and it tells you it must have a symbol that is not a letter or numeral.  By this time I was ready to reach thru the internet and grab their IT guy by the throat.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Thanks for the heads up.
Let me guess, it also resets the other fields so you have to enter all your info again before trying another password...
Who do these web sites think they are, Fort Knox or something?

Amazingly the other fields did stay completed.  The only thing was you had to keep typing in the "two words" in the window, one of which is nearly impossible to read clearly.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

Mylaps is going through a clusterfook of a site upgrade.  The new UI sucks and they know it.  They might be rolling back or doing an emergency re-release.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

http://xkcd.com/936/
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/password_strength.png

Their website is pissing me off "clenching fists and shaking at computer screen".

They won't send me the verification email so I can log in.  AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

You're not missing much.
Gone is the compare your laps to another competitor feature.
Also gone, the link to your events. You have to search for the event by name, just like the unregistered users.
Lap charts don't fit on the screen anymore. Much left right scrolling to see the page.
You will get to enjoy the fancy graphics transitions while you're looking for where everything has moved to. (tip: nuke them with AdBlock)
Oh, and forget about setting your time zone in your user preferences. You will be presented with hundreds of choices of states/countries on different continents and get to chose one that is near you... and they're not in any particular order so you will be scrolling for a while.

Without a doubt, the worst upgrade of a web site I've seen...

check your spam folder

Not in spam, not responding to support requests. Horrible, horrible upgrade as stated above.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Mylaps upgrade sucks. Nothing works and they could give a shit. Since a bunch of us Lemons racers rent transponders no one is yet aware of how truly screwed this is. I own a couple of transponders and I am truly screwed. Here are some of the issues.

1. All previous links to old results no longer work. Go to the Lemon's site for old results and click on one. The links no longer work.

2. If you have a mylaps account and own a transponder there is no way to search for your results. It takes a 1/2 hour of drilling down IF you know the exact date of the race.

3. Upgrading your account was supposed to bring in all your old results. After wasting hours and a week of trying it finally let me sign on. Results? None?

4 If you have the patience and luck to finally find a Lemons race take a look at the new interface.
    a) it doesn't recognize your entry or car
     b) they eliminated the feature where you can compare your performance to another car or team
     c) they eliminated the ability to extract the results to a spreadsheet

5. You used to be able to research a cars history by knowing the transponder number. Gone.

6. There was also the ability to check out your fellow drivers. That's how I could tell that Mario Andretti was driving at Stafford Springs. Gone

7. If you want a real laugh, click on the link on the my laps website that says contact support. For the first few weeks of this fiasco it would freeze there.

If you search on Facebook you can find the mylaps page. Please take some time and give them some valuable feedback on how great their new design is.

This is just a small piece of how bad this sucks.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Greg S wrote:

2. If you have a mylaps account and own a transponder there is no way to search for your results. It takes a 1/2 hour of drilling down IF you know the exact date of the race. ...

This is just a small piece of how bad this sucks.

Greg

I had luck searching for events by name.
I put:
High Desert Challenge
in the search box and it found the race.
Still not as easy as clicking on "My Results" but it does get there...

I tried to warn everyone.

What got me was I had just been on the site the previous 3 days getting results for other teams and then BAM, this happens.

As far as extrapolating to spreadsheets, I just copied and pasted in Excel, which actually still worked after the change.

Ah after 5 times requesting my verification email it finally came through. And as previously stated in this thread - it is clunky. I hope they improve it in the future.

Monopolies

17 (edited by Guildenstern 2013-05-04 06:44 PM)

plane wrote:

Monopolies

Agreed, If Lemons didn't already have the infrastructure it would be worth while to build up a system from scratch. Sadly no. I know a couple undergrads could put together a better system with a per user cost in the double digits, but sadly the infrastructure for the Olde Tyme blind transmitting transponder is already everywhere, and AMB has the patents.

I Imagine it being called L.A.T.E: Lemons Advanced Timing Equipment.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport