Re: seat for a "big boned" Lemons team

fabtoys wrote:

Beards and the Prp are pretty close to comparison in construction .I think that a seat designed to be in a truck or buggy that when it rolls instead ofroadcourse of if you  roll .Ever watch a CORR race they roll all the time and 90% of these cars run these style seats .

We could go on this forever !!
I was just telling this big Guy like me that these seats a strong ,custom fit if wanted ,and comfortable.I've build a bunch of cages for guys with those Kirkey seats and the are so uncomfortable .I couldn' imagine being in that for 2-3 hours.

So your the crazy guy running a cherokee !!!!  There was one at an early days AMP race and that thing was the biggest moving roadblockand I think it blew up .

See you Friday I'll be there with the 4 car hauler can't miss me !

In my kirkey I drove our Lemons car 3hours To the track, drove a total of almost 9 hours (non-continuous partially) during the full 24hour race, and drove the car home. I dunno what seat you were sitting in or if you have some sort of rump deformity, but it was quite comfy. enough so that my total fatigue was reduced to the point where i -could- race that much. maybe they were just too narrow for you? most seem to get a 15-16" seat, and I'm running an 18-incher. (300lbs 5'11 & usually wearing 44s) They're not the lap of luxury by any means but a good OEM seat doesn't even come close.

Serj wrote:

In my kirkey I drove our Lemons car 3hours To the track, drove a total of almost 9 hours (non-continuous partially) during the full 24hour race, and drove the car home. I dunno what seat you were sitting in or if you have some sort of rump deformity, but it was quite comfy. enough so that my total fatigue was reduced to the point where i -could- race that much. maybe they were just too narrow for you? most seem to get a 15-16" seat, and I'm running an 18-incher. (300lbs 5'11 & usually wearing 44s) They're not the lap of luxury by any means but a good OEM seat doesn't even come close.

If you mean a seat like this:

http://www.mlc-motorsports.com/store/images/kirkey_seat_jr.jpg

I can't even fathom sitting in one for that long.  It's basically a flat piece of aluminum formed into a shape with a strip of something called a pad.  We had the wide body version on this in our first Lemons car (E30) and it was OK, but not what I would call "comfy" by any means.  To each his own though right? 

In our new car we have a Corbeau, which is much more "comfy" IMO, but I wouldn't wanna be in that one for 9 hours either!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

fabtoys wrote:

So your the crazy guy running a cherokee !!!!  There was one at an early days AMP race and that thing was the biggest moving roadblockand I think it blew up .

That's me.  We'll try and stay out of everybody's way.  wink 

From what I can deduce, the "other" Cherokee wasn't exactly sorted out all the way.  I'm not saying my team is; I'd rather be lucky than good any day.  See you Friday...we'll be the idiots in the Jeep. 

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I use a Racetech 4009WHR...which is the "wide" headrest seat.....its 2.5" wider than the standard seat and is quite comfortable...but pricey....I can fit in the stock Racetech, but its only 14" wide at the bottom of the seat.....so its quite snug on my 200lb rear

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

TeamPettyCash wrote:
fabtoys wrote:

That's me.  We'll try and stay out of everybody's way.  wink 

From what I can deduce, the "other" Cherokee wasn't exactly sorted out all the way.  I'm not saying my team is; I'd rather be lucky than good any day.  See you Friday...we'll be the idiots in the Jeep. 

-TPC

Are you going to be like those crazy Arabians on 2 wheels ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKfWzGy5 … re=related

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:

Are you going to be like those crazy Arabians on 2 wheels ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKfWzGy5 … re=related

naw, this is more my speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mFoQtps … re=related

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

i HAD A xJ  and was going to build it fo jeepspeed  then I jumped it 6ft 60ft distance snapped front axle and a hell of a trip to get it out of Pismo .

I hope you put like 15x10 wheels on it !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

VKZ24 wrote:
Serj wrote:

http://www.mlc-motorsports.com/store/im … eat_jr.jpg

I can't even fathom sitting in one for that long.  It's basically a flat piece of aluminum formed into a shape with a strip of something called a pad.  We had the wide body version on this in our first Lemons car (E30) and it was OK, but not what I would call "comfy" by any means.  To each his own though right? 

In our new car we have a Corbeau, which is much more "comfy" IMO, but I wouldn't wanna be in that one for 9 hours either!

http://www.trackitup.com/store/images/seats/intermediate_cover.jpg

that's the one I got. maybe I'm bred for this sort of thing, but aside from a bit of hip pinch getting in, I could fall asleep in it. on that note, the ButlerBuilt i sat in was a bit more comfy, but overall it's a much nicer place to spend seat time than the MX-6 M-Sport seat we lifted from a junkyard for our other car (it was a new arrival and we nabbed the passenger seat. great on the street but bolsters aren't really deep enough for Lemons)

Is it possible we can get a judge to answer the question if off-road racing seats like we have been discussing are in fact legal?

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Serj wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
Serj wrote:

http://www.mlc-motorsports.com/store/im … eat_jr.jpg

http://www.trackitup.com/store/images/s … _cover.jpg

that's the one I got. maybe I'm bred for this sort of thing, but aside from a bit of hip pinch getting in, I could fall asleep in it. on that note, the ButlerBuilt i sat in was a bit more comfy, but overall it's a much nicer place to spend seat time than the MX-6 M-Sport seat we lifted from a junkyard for our other car (it was a new arrival and we nabbed the passenger seat. great on the street but bolsters aren't really deep enough for Lemons)

that is the seat we had in the E30 VK is talking about.  but we had at a minimum the 21" version.  this seat is wide enough for 1 and 1/2 drivers. smile

i was way too busy trying to stay in the seat to ever think about the comfort level.

i would suspect that a 21" Kirkey will support a driver upwards of 300 pounds.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:

that is the seat we had in the E30 VK is talking about.  but we had at a minimum the 21" version.  this seat is wide enough for 1 and 1/2 drivers. smile

i was way too busy trying to stay in the seat to ever think about the comfort level.

i would suspect that a 21" Kirkey will support a driver upwards of 300 pounds.

it's really less about weight and more about frame. if you got a gut but skinny hips, you'll look a lot fatter, but a 16-17" seat would be no problem. belts setup is more of a concern. a 21" would be HUGE! I think even I would have to wrap my sides in foam to sit in it for racing.