Topic: Another tool in an E30 - the internet is amazing

On r3v forums: 
This is by far one of the best threads I've EVER seen... if u have about an hour and a half to go through the entire thread, its worth it. 

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=286107

short run down
For those of you just checking in:

OP crashed E30 into house
His name is Trina. He was trina drift
Found OKCupid Profile..OP put up pictures of a man who wasn't him..that's an unrelated story in itself..
We found the house he crashed into
We ordered them Pizza and a free t-shirt for their sorrows
LJ851 went to said house and investigated the scene
Pizza has been delivered
John is not the homeowner

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Re: Another tool in an E30 - the internet is amazing

Yeah that thread is now epic with the other one about the e36 going wildfire too.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

Yeah that thread is now epic with the other one about the e36 going wildfire too.

I foresee a rash of "Don't Pope the Tires" E30s in the coming months.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

it hit Jalopnik about an hour after i saw it. the summary there is very good.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2295566/r3v/pope_tire.gif

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

That thread would be a lot funnier and easier to read if 3/4 of the posts weren't patting themselves on the back for what an epic thread they think it is.

Once you weed through all that nonsense, it's pretty funny, but I gave up half way through.

bs

7 (edited by BoKu 2013-04-26 11:34 AM)

The last prominent intersection of BMWs, BMW forums, and young men doing foolish things with their cars wasn't nearly so funny:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5 … illed.html

Jalopnik picked up on that one, too:

http://jalopnik.com/349540/flying-bmw-c … arwin-wins

http://jalopnik.com/350252/bmw-m5-crash-details-emerge

Epic thread, bro.  Subscribing.

[repeat 30x per page for next 20 pages]

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Yikes.  58 pages of shit.  Who has time to read through _that_?

That's it.  I'm convinced the average age of teh intrenets is roughly half of my age.  Time to log off.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I really think there should be a no blessing the tires rule, much less a no pope the tires rule.

As far as themes, I think there should be a car that's low, like an F-Body, and it would be the: 'Tire Pope-ing Speed Bump That Maliciously Launches E-30s at Legal Speed Limits Only'.

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

Now that you've said it, I don't think anybody ever themed a car like a speed bump. A Neon, a 4th gen Firebird, or (the best) Intrepid, with a chopped trunk, would totally work.

K Car Stalker

I was planning on doing a "all of the internets best" theme.

I was going to include TRINA, Direct Exhaust Injection, Extrude Honing the intake while the cars running, Why does my Jetta 2.0 not make boost (NA)?

Any others?

Thanks,

Rob R.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

Extrude Honing the intake while the cars running, Why does my Jetta 2.0 not make boost (NA)?

Oooh, linky, linky!

K Car Stalker