Topic: Help write the 24 Hours of Lemons Movie screenplay

(Note: I am totally stealing this idea from the Tosh.0 "Twitten By" segment Daniel did.)

The idea is to start with the opening line for our movie screenplay and then each person follows with another line building on the story already written which will hopefully be at least mildly humorous. So here goes:

The year is 2013 and Phil wakes up.

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

Re: Help write the 24 Hours of Lemons Movie screenplay

Phil hears a rumbling, sputtering whine outside of his window, he rises to investigate

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

It's the 21st century. We need a Lemons video game!

A yellow Checker Marathon is at the curb.

5 (edited by Sir Thomas Crapper 2013-05-01 10:14 AM)

The door swings open, inside are a bunch of strippers.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Phil opens up his toolbox and installs a Cadillac V-8-6-4 engine in the Checker.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

7 (edited by firegremlin 2013-05-01 11:23 AM)

The strippers stare in disbelief as Phil yells, "Hey ho!", hops in the Marathon, and peels off into the sunrise of (of course) suburbian NorCal, as titles begin to appear, chatter of the 8-6-4 and all.

K Car Stalker

As the opening credits flash across the screen, Big Lizard in my Backyard by The Dead Milkmen plays.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

I think this would be a good song for the title sequence.

Judge Phil wrote:

It's the 21st century. We need a Lemons video game!

Funny you should mention that...

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

^^^ That snot very good peel out music...   big_smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

firegremlin wrote:

The strippers stare in disbelief as Phil yells, "Hey ho!", hops in the Marathon, and peels off into the sunrise of (of course) suburbian NorCal, as the K car drives up with its new latest team leader. After asking about Phil from the strippers, he volunteers to help them to chase Phil down and recover the Marathon cab..

FYTY

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

The sunrise fades to a lens flare, panning down from the sun to a grainy, soft-focus flashback: the sharp ricochet of a lazily-cast Peugeot con-rod caught delicately between Phil's teeth, who stares down a shadowy figure swaggering forth from a blue fog of oil smoke.

Assistant Tape Unroller - Team OK-Speed

Phil tosses back his glistening robe of justice, reaches for his spraycan, and prepares to pass judgement.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Upon his thoughts of judgement a 27 ft Lemonlimo  decorated as the Titanic comes to a stop after running over this shadowy  figure with a BIG  splat sound like you hear on "The Walking Dead" of a Zombie dies.
Phil cleans the blood from his beard , doesn't even look back at the Checker and gets into the  Zombie  killing Lemonlimo blows the fog horn and drives away.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

to pakistan.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

While that irritating "dunka dunka dunka dunka dunka" music plays on a junkyard booombox strapped to the roof of a '78 Oldmobile

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Meanwhile in a town far away, Jay wearily opens his eyes and realizes he has spent another night on the floor in a room he doesn't recognize.

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

A Lemons movie would have to focus on a good Class C battle. Sort of like Chariots of Fire with bumpers and starters falling off. And those huge clear plastic barrels of cheez puffs. What is it with Lemons teams and barrels of cheez puffs?

Lemons video game you say? http://skizzers.org/akaishi/racing/saab900.jpg

this was an early version of the carbeque sim I put together in GTR2. It drives but the physics were never perfect and there's a lack of things like interior, and good texture work, etc., I've kind of abandoned the project for lack of skillz.

One day, Mister ffffffffffffffffox!

Jay rubs his eyes and peers out the window at what awoke him: a pastel-suited man at a neighboring used car dealer screaming at his underling, "You're fired if you don't move these lousy old heaps by tomorrow, so doll them up like a Mel Brooks flick, mark them down to $500, or anything it takes you bum!"

Assistant Tape Unroller - Team OK-Speed

At that moment, Jay collapsed as if in a trace. We cut to a dreamlike vision where Jay is floating over a race track. Below him he sees the same cars from the used car lot racing wheel to wheel as if the driver's very lives depended on it. From above a spirit floats down and smacks Jay so hard his hair falls out. Jay look up into the spirit's face and slowly realizes that it is none other than Dale Earnhardt Sr. Jay begins to weep and says "Taken too soon..."

DE: Enough of that crap son. I am here to guide you with your destiny.
JL: Are you an angel?
DE: Possibly. Or I could be that chalupa you found on the sidewalk last night.
JL: Oh my... I think it is coming up!
DE: No time for that now. Pull yourself together.
DE: See those cars below? I always wanted to do something like that. Get on the track with some broke down hoopties and "eliminate" them. Heh heh.

Jay suddenly understood and began to nod his head.

DE: But listen son, this is only one possible future for you. I have seen the other ones and this is the least worst one. Now go forth and get those Lemons on the track.

Jay began to squeal like a school girl.

JL: I know, I will call it "Chump Car"!

Dale frowns and does a classic Stooges move while saying "Woo, woo, woo" and slaps Jay on the nose.

DE: Son, did your mama not love you enough? Think of a name that involves cars that no one wants. Think of a yellow fruit that makes you pucker.
JL: You mean summer squash? That is what I want to do to the cars and I don't likes vegetables.

Dale looks bewildered and stares blankly at Jay. As he floats away he says

DE: It will come to you son. You can't be that much of a dim bulb.

With that Dale disappears. Cut back to the room where Jay is lying on the floor. He suddenly sits up with a wild look in his eyes and shouts at the top of his lungs - Lemons!

Fade out

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

Akaishi wrote:

Lemons video game you say? http://skizzers.org/akaishi/racing/saab900.jpg

this was an early version of the carbeque sim I put together in GTR2. It drives but the physics were never perfect and there's a lack of things like interior, and good texture work, etc., I've kind of abandoned the project for lack of skillz.

Sounds like a perfectly engineered Lemons car to me. Just sayin.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

24 (edited by yodogg 2013-05-14 12:35 PM)

A somewhat shellshocked Jay, looks at his watch, realizes he is already late for work.

"Aww shit! Old man Niedermeyer is gonna kill me if I'm late again!

hurriedly cleans the previous night's dirt and mucous off of himself with a wet nap he finds in his pocket and stumbles out of his house.

In front of his house (a delapidated clapboard rowhouse of the east Oakland variety) is a pseudo-rat-rodded Yugo. Jay slides across the hood Dukes of Hazard style and hops behind the driver's wheel as the left front fender falls off, and pulls away.

This is followed by a short driving sequence of Jay and the Yugo-rod skittering happlessly through the streets of industrial Oakland. Bits of Balkan Auto detritous can be seen ejecting themselves onto the street at every hard turn and bump. And sparks, lots of sparks from god-knows-what dragging on the pavement.

Jay pulls into the parking lot of Gentleman Fancypants Racing Magazine. As he gets out of the Yugo, the rear suspension finally collapses totally in a cloud of rust.

It is immediately clear that Jay is a bottom rung gopher/copyboy at this very posh and high end periodical.

He staggers into the lobby where the receptionist (Heidi Klum) gives him a surprisingly warm smile, "Jay, Mr. Niedermeyer is looking for you and he doesn't look happy."

"oh man, not again. I'm telling you, I'm gonna do great things some day. Great things!"

She smiles again saying, "Until then, when are you gonna take me out to Happy Hour?"

A beffudled Jay looks at her and says, "Huh?"

He shuffles down the hallway to the entrance of a large office marked, Douglas C Niedermeyer, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher.

Sitting behind a large fancy desk is Mr Niedermeyer (Mark Metcalf), with a snear he says,"Lamm! Look at you, straighten that shirt, man! You are wortheless and weak, now go get me coffe!"

(Been a sloooow day at the office today)

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

As the opening credits flash across the screen, Big Lizard in my Backyard by The Dead Milkmen plays.

Cliche or not - the most appropriate Lemons song on that album is Bitchin' Camaro.