Topic: On this forum, I'm sure someone else has this.

But whatever.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f50/Sanctimoniously/Mobile%20Uploads/923487_10152795728200554_1949562293_n_zps72cf63f1.jpg

Re: On this forum, I'm sure someone else has this.

have the"Why do the british drink warm beer" bumpersticker on the toolbox.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

I've got that shirt.

I have a story to go with this...

My dad and a buddy of his (I'll call him Joe) went to the Chicago Motor Show in (I am guessing) the early 60s. Joe and my dad had fun looking at the cars. Joe was especially enamored with the Jaguars. So much so that he actually arranged to buy the convertible show car that Jaguar had up on the turntable. After waiting some time it was finally delivered to his local dealer and my dad went with Joe to pick it up. Apparently this car was kind of special because the dealership had never seen a Jaguar like this one. Anyway Joe proudly drove it home and proceded to love his early 60s Jaguar show car as much as a man could. One day while out it began to rain so Joe stopped to put up the top. After almost an hour of struggling he gave up and drove home ending up with a wet car and head. Upset, he called the local dealer to complain. Since the dealer had no experience with this special show car, they said they would have someone from the factory in England call him. The next morning a gentleman with a proper English accent called and Joe explained the situation. After a moment of silence the Jaguar rep responded "Sir. A gentleman never drives in inclement weather."

True story.

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

I recall a story attributed to E. Bugatti back in the 20's or 30's.  Apparently a customer of his complained that his Bugatti did not like starting up on cold mornings.  Bugatti's answer was that if you can afford one of my cars you can afford a heated garage!

Dave

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

Lucas always gets a bad rap.  It's not his fault that Jaguar decided to ground his electrics to burled walnut.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:

Lucas always gets a bad rap.  It's not his fault that Jaguar decided to ground his electrics to burled walnut.

Ha-ha-ha-ha!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Most important Lucas Component:

http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/images/Smokekit2.jpg

Captain of Virtuous Authority and Tool Underdevelopment: Escape Velocity Racing
- Ten+ Time Loser
- IOE, Heroic Fix, Class C and Class of 1964
- Heroic Beer Drinker

Does that come in bigger jars?

Back in the day, when I installed land mobile radios, every damn Jaguar that came in our door had had an engine fire.

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench

Sanctimoniously wrote:

Does that come in bigger jars?

Nope, just this size. But they come in handy six-packs that are delivered weekly for as long as you keep deluding yourself into believing you will ever get the godDAMN thing working again.

So you're good.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.