Topic: Twitter users?

I thought I'd start a thread similar to Judge Phil's Facebook thread.

We are on Twitter @HammerheadsRace and try to keep up a steady live update stream there and on our Facebook page during our races.

Any other teams tweeting?

B

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Re: Twitter users?

I personally am here: https://twitter.com/BRWSaver while on race weekends I try to update the team facebook page & twitter account in one shot, which is this one: https://twitter.com/Piledriverz

Not to get too inside baseball for non-twitter folks, but I typically use #24Lemons as the hashtag when its 24 Hours of Lemons related

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

@the_rusty_hub

I should probably actually use Twitter more often. I usually use #24lemons or #Lemons if I'm pressed for space. I'm way too verbose for Twitter.

You're probably also following @24HoursOfLemons. I'm pretty sure that's Nick, but I'm not positive.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

4 (edited by Parkwod60 2013-05-28 10:19 PM)

therood wrote:

@the_rusty_hub

I should probably actually use Twitter more often. I usually use #24lemons or #Lemons if I'm pressed for space. I'm way too verbose for Twitter.

You're probably also following @24HoursOfLemons. I'm pretty sure that's Nick, but I'm not positive.

You know you can sync your twitter account so it basically just repeats any facebook wall post you make, right? if you over do it it just links the twitter post back to the facebook page. Don't ask me how to do it though, just do a little googling. I don't remember

Therood, I checked, and you already have it doing that. So you may not think you are posting anything on twitter, but it goes there too.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

I don't twit but I do twat.

Parkwod60 wrote:
therood wrote:

@the_rusty_hub

You know you can sync your twitter account so it basically just repeats any facebook wall post you make, right? if you over do it it just links the twitter post back to the facebook page. Don't ask me how to do it though, just do a little googling. I don't remember

Therood, I checked, and you already have it doing that. So you may not think you are posting anything on twitter, but it goes there too.

Yeah, as soon as I posted yesterday, I decided I was long overdue to sync those accounts. I'll credit you with inspiring me to spend the 90 seconds it took to do it.

http://i.qkme.me/3rbtcy.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

7 (edited by LowFlyin 2013-05-29 07:33 AM)

Personal is LowFlyinOK.

I rarely tweet, but when I do it is usually pointing out how much Honda has sucked since 2001.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

@FinalGearRacing https://twitter.com/FinalGearRacing

I've had more contact with spamers than other Lemons racers on it though.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

We're @ZWrecks58

Bad at racing.
Bad at twitter.

Cheers
Rich B
Chief Apologist, Z-Wrecks

Looks like more Facebookers than Tweeters.

Lemons keeps a pretty steady flow of tweets and definitely watches their feed. We get a lot of favorited and retweets from them.

We see the whole social media thing as a way to keep our friends/relatives/fellow racers involved regardless of the geographics. In addition, one of our sponsors has an active Facebook page and we try to get a photograph or two over to them every race and some in between. I know they appreciate seeing their logo in as many places as possible.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Fuck Twitter too.

Luddites Unite!

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

What's everyone's ICQ handle?

cuzwhat...but i only use it for cyber....

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

papal_smear wrote:

I don't twit but I do twat.

Goddamn I need a like button for this.