Topic: Thunderhill weather watch

What will we really see?
Love to see clear skies, of course!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin … illows,+ca

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Re: Thunderhill weather watch

Sounds COLD......Fridays test day might be quite interesting.....

I think it would take HOURS to cover up all the electricals in the 928.....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Bag-n-Tag...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

am I the only one who loves to race in the rain?

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

icemang17 wrote:

Sounds COLD......Fridays test day might be quite interesting.....

I think it would take HOURS to cover up all the electricals in the 928.....

I am not to worried about the weather this time around. Our wipers work and so do our headlight wipers along with the defroster,heater,seat heater on passengers side,back seat heaters,rear window defroster,sunroof,old school cell phone,the mega sound deadening windows and the mirror heaters. Some how we even got the factory security system to start working and controlling the windows. The only down side is the car will be way more comfy than sitting in the pits watching everybody go by freezing our asses off.

Frozen Pendejo

laz wrote:

As a Seattle based team driving an SUV with M+S rated rubber, we're kinda hoping for a little precip.  wink

Also, a kick ass book:  The Art of Racing in the Rainhttp://www.garthstein.com/arr/

http://www.garthstein.com/images/arr_cover_125.jpg

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

laz wrote:

love it? I practically hope for it most of the events! It's awesome because it totally puts a wet blanket on those nutters who show up with shaved barely-legal rubber that's so biased to summer dry traction it's silly!

We've got some aggressive all seasons, a fwd car, and some drivers who grew up in rainy places.

On the other hand, we've got a couple drivers who are a bit too aggressive and count on fwd to save them. I see extreme slip angles in our future...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

laz wrote:

We got an open convertible, so we'll need to steal one of my wife's towels. On the plus side the rust holes will keep us well drained.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

icemang17 wrote:

Sounds COLD......

OMG IT WILL BE IN THE MID 50's.  HOW CAN HUMAN BEINGS POSSIBLY SURVIVE IN SUCH TEMPERATURES.   

You may have to put on some kind of long sleeve shirt.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

laz wrote:

Hell no!  That's when the lightweight/low power cars just need to stay out of the way of the heavyweight wrecking balls that will go sliding off in the corners...

BoB wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Sounds COLD......

OMG IT WILL BE IN THE MID 50's.  HOW CAN HUMAN BEINGS POSSIBLY SURVIVE IN SUCH TEMPERATURES.   

Oh yes, this is horribly cold, in CA we put out a general weather warning when it gets below 65 degrees, I mean, like, omygod, I have to know to wear long pants and long sleeves!   How can I maintain my tan in this kind of weather?

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

TeamPettyCash wrote:

Also, a kick ass book:  The Art of Racing in the Rainhttp://www.garthstein.com/arr/

http://www.garthstein.com/images/arr_cover_125.jpg

That book was a total let down. By reading it I thought I was going to learn some hot tips on racing in the rain, but instead I learned that dogs can think. wtf.

To finish first, first you must finish. -Rick Mears
Pandamonium Racing

OverStimulated wrote:
laz wrote:

Hell no!  That's when the lightweight/low power cars just need to stay out of the way of the heavyweight wrecking balls that will go sliding off in the corners...

Erm, based on your team's driving at Buttonwillow, methinks the heavyweight wrecking balls might want deflector shields- and maybe a camera with a computer that will predict the carom of the Stimulus Civic...

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

I wouldn't mind a bit o' sunshine myself. If you were at Portland PIR over Halloween, it's brutal on the RWD cars. Porsche 928, Mustangs, Camaros & old Datsuns all in the mud doing "the spin out."
...damnit, I knew we shoulda held out for an old Rabbit or Jetta

"steering clear of bad drivers and internet badasses since 2008!"

TheeRockerInDockers wrote:

I wouldn't mind a bit o' sunshine myself. If you were at Portland PIR over Halloween, it's brutal on the RWD cars. Porsche 928, Mustangs, Camaros & old Datsuns all in the mud doing "the spin out."

Hey,
How could you forget us?
Tim

It looks like very nice weather, by Arse Freeze standards. More of an Arse Cool-A-Palooza this time.

X-args wrote:
OverStimulated wrote:
laz wrote:

Erm, based on your team's driving at Buttonwillow, methinks the heavyweight wrecking balls might want deflector shields- and maybe a camera with a computer that will predict the carom of the Stimulus Civic...

Too true!  We're back with our original drivers (mostly), and a "Drivers In Training" theme to mock ourselves at Buttonwillow.  Let us know at the end if we did any better...  Of course, with our MacGyver'd suspension changes we made this time, we practically have our excuses pre-written!!  big_smile

timdeckert wrote:

Hey,
How could you forget us?
Tim

Ha! I didn't want to drag you guys down into poor company. PS... We're prolly gonna be staying in the fantastic Wal-Mart Parking lot Thursday evening.

"steering clear of bad drivers and internet badasses since 2008!"

BoB wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Sounds COLD......

See the problem is our "theme" outfit is a T shirt.....it might be a tad bit "brisk".....but I can endure for the sake of the "team"

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

The forecast is getting decidedly more soggy. And Azenis RT615s are not exactly known for their wet weather performance.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin … illows,+ca

Forecast is 'Iffy' at best.

Let's plan on clears skies, whatta ya say? http://www.teamzx2.com/images/smilies/thingnana.gif

KT

the REAL arse-freeze-a-palooza was Nelson Ledges. there was a point sometime friday night where I thought my balls had frozen off!

*shakes a fist at his dad for ganking the heater from the tent in the middle of the night to use in the box truck*

Ha! I didn't want to drag you guys down into poor company. PS... We're prolly gonna be staying in the fantastic Wal-Mart Parking lot Thursday evening.

I will be attempting to keep you company as well. Most likely I will end up on the shoulder of I-5 waiting for daylight so I can see what that scary noise was before everything went dark. Brownie (the World's Greatest Crappy Old RV) tends to have different ideas about what "Camping" is than I do.

I still have gaping holes in the roof, so I'll be doing the drive Thursday with tarps, buckets and bungees still up top for the rain. Grab any ones that escape from me, will ya?

Nothin but the best for my team.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Serj wrote:

the REAL arse-freeze-a-palooza was Nelson Ledges. there was a point sometime friday night where I thought my balls had frozen off!

*shakes a fist at his dad for ganking the heater from the tent in the middle of the night to use in the box truck*

Yes, I was laying under the car the entire night swapping the axle.  It was rather brutal.  The April Gingerman race has the potential to be snowy.  Now THAT is Lemons!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584