Topic: Seat height

I started a different thread about the adapter plate I needed to get my seat mounted correctly. Now that the plate is in, I've noticed that it makes the seat a little too tall.

There are angle brackets that I can remove to make the seat a little shorter. The metal that the brackets tie in to is the same gauge as the bracket itself. See pic below:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_x3z6QEYzWqk/SwSszU0zBEI/AAAAAAAAB3c/VcJVzU1XY2c/s640/IMG_0100.JPG

I want the seat to sit lower, right? When the cage goes in and the helmet goes on, I think it would be easier if there were a few more inches of head room.

Re: Seat height

Lower = better. Should the car get rolled, no matter how tightly the driver is belted in, the belts will stretch. Getting the driver will make them safer in the event of a rollover. Plus you want your center of gravity lower (within reason) to reduce body roll. Cheers.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

anything that would make my head less likely to get squashed like a melon would be a good thing in my book

Most organizations require the helmeted head of a driver be a minimum of 2" below the roll cage. get rid of that angle bracket.

Due to the varying size of our drivers, we had to have a seat slider. So I was forced to use side mount brackets to "recline" the angle of our seat back to fit my ogre sized body. Can't get much lower without having the seat solidly mounted to teh floor.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.