Topic: So, TrackGeeks_Chris closed the Chump 36 thread in the Driver's Lounge

...how do you feel about that, LeMonistas?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Re: So, TrackGeeks_Chris closed the Chump 36 thread in the Driver's Lounge

I am outraged!

I'm not sure whether I'm outraged (a) because it was closed or (b) because it wasn't closed sooner, but either way, definitely outraged.  Yes.  Heck, I may even be outraged at the thought that (c) it was closed at precisely the right time and in precisely the right manner; sometimes I'm just that way about things.

Grrr.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I'm not sure which one best expresses my feelings. At first I though it was this one. But it could also be this one. Not a huge difference. But the subtleties are causing me to vacillate.

Do you like apples?

This space for rent.

What thread?

There was no thread there.

I don't know what you're talking about.

*blink*

*blink*

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I think the subject of bumpdrafting needs to be discussed. Doubly so for sub100hp cars.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Who really cares.  Same argument we have every time. Better question, what's everyone drinking this weekend?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

davisriley wrote:

Who really cares.  Same argument we have every time. Better question, what's everyone drinking this weekend?

I care... I need every advantage I can get when it comes to road america. Rather than build faster cars I just want to push slow with slow. We could break the elusive 75mph barrier....

Coffee, for now.

Had a mint julep last night and two Blue Moons- one their Agave ale and the other a Farmhouse Red.  Love that Farmhouse.  Buy the Summer Sampler, you can't go wrong with any of them.

Bump drafting sucks, Chump sucks, old Lemons rocked, rule creep sucks, stuntin' and splodin' rocks.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

LOUD NOISES!

I miss stuntin' and splodin'.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Well if they won't let you bump draft then you just need to have enough cars to fill the width of the track and slow everyone else down you your speed.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Can you cage the diesel pusher with the shag carpeting in time?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

mechimike wrote:

Had a mint julep last night

I had no idea what this was, so I looked it up.

Basically, you are admitting that the bourbon sucks so much that you have to water it down, add sugar and then - just to kill the smell - top it off with a mint leaf?
As an avid scotch drinker, I couldn't agree with you more.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

solman244 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Basically, you are admitting that the bourbon sucks so much that you have to water it down, add sugar and then - just to kill the smell - top it off with a mint leaf?

I may have accidentally reported this post, instead of quoting it.  Sorry.

I'm surprised you've survived this long in The South without ever having even heard of a Mint Julep, let alone sampled one. 

We grow our own mint, and Katie found some organic sugar that's perfect.  I make a simple syrup on the stove and let it sit in mason jars in the fridge.  Then, when the mood strikes me for a tasty drink, I pour about _this much_ whiskey into some ice, drizzle in some mint syrup to taste, swirl, and enjoy.  I'll have to bring some to the next race we go to.  It really is the bee's knees.

I switched over from bourbon whiskey to rye whiskey recently, too.  Much drier, fruitier flavor than bourbon.  And rye isn't genetically modified, unlike almost all of the corn grown in this country, if that sort of thing matters to you.  Rye also makes a tasty traditional Manhattan.

cabinboy wrote:

I seriously doubt shag carpet roll cage would pass tech.

solman244 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

As an RABID scotch drinker, I couldn't agree with you more.

There you have it.

This space for rent.

solman244 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Scotch wouldn't exist if it wasn't for our discarded used bourbon barrels!

Actually I love Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, all of 'em.  Take you snobby attitude and bury it in a peat bog. ;-)

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

mechimike wrote:

Rye also makes a tasty traditional Manhattan.

A well-made rye manhattan is the shiznit.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

mechimike wrote:

Bump drafting sucks, Chump sucks, old Lemons rocked, rule creep sucks, stuntin' and splodin' rocks.

Just found this the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuhm1lQ8dc

I want to see this in person.

dculberson wrote:
solman244 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Actually I love Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, all of 'em.  Take you snobby attitude and bury it in a peat bog. ;-)

You ever make it to texas, I have a bottle of Johnny Walker Ill give you.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

curlypaul924 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Just found this the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuhm1lQ8dc

I want to see this in person.

If the kiwi's had at it, there would be fire involved.  Just sayin.....

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Baron wrote:
dculberson wrote:
solman244 wrote:

You ever make it to texas, I have a bottle of Johnny Walker Ill give you.

I'll be at MSR in September and will gladly take that bottle off your hands!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Drink that bottle of Wild Turkey I can't give away too!

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

dculberson wrote:

To be fair, scotch was being made long before bourbon came to be.  The Scottish just happen to a flexible folk who enjoy cheap oak barrels.  For some reason you can only call your whiskey "bourbon" if it was aged in virgin oak barrels.  It could be argued that scotch helps make your bourbon cheaper...

Although I love a good scotch, I am an equal opportunity drinker.  I'll drink pretty much whatever someone hands me.

Except that 'shine NSF showed up with that one time.

I'm pretty sure that was just gasoline in a bottle.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

tSoG wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

I seriously doubt shag carpet roll cage would pass tech.

Roll bar padding, for the classy driver.

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.