Re: So, TrackGeeks_Chris closed the Chump 36 thread in the Driver's Lounge

curlypaul924 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Bump drafting sucks, Chump sucks, old Lemons rocked, rule creep sucks, stuntin' and splodin' rocks.

Just found this the other day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuhm1lQ8dc

I want to see this in person.

I wonder how many side view mirrors they go through before they find the balance point?

27 (edited by dculberson 2013-07-12 02:34 PM)

solman244 wrote:
dculberson wrote:

Scotch wouldn't exist if it wasn't for our discarded used bourbon barrels!

Actually I love Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, all of 'em.  Take you snobby attitude and bury it in a peat bog. ;-)

To be fair, scotch was being made long before bourbon came to be.  The Scottish just happen to a flexible folk who enjoy cheap oak barrels.  For some reason you can only call your whiskey "bourbon" if it was aged in virgin oak barrels.  It could be argued that scotch helps make your bourbon cheaper...

Although I love a good scotch, I am an equal opportunity drinker.  I'll drink pretty much whatever someone hands me.

Except that 'shine NSF showed up with that one time.

I'm pretty sure that was just gasoline in a bottle.

I'm (very minority) part owner in a whisk(e)y bar so I have interest in any of the distilled fermented grain mash beverages!!

p.s. Baron I would gladly take the Walker but Doug's more likely to be out your way.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

dculberson wrote:
solman244 wrote:
dculberson wrote:

Scotch wouldn't exist if it wasn't for our discarded used bourbon barrels!

Actually I love Scotch, Bourbon, Rye, all of 'em.  Take you snobby attitude and bury it in a peat bog. ;-)

To be fair, scotch was being made long before bourbon came to be.  The Scottish just happen to a flexible folk who enjoy cheap oak barrels.  For some reason you can only call your whiskey "bourbon" if it was aged in virgin oak barrels.  It could be argued that scotch helps make your bourbon cheaper...

Although I love a good scotch, I am an equal opportunity drinker.  I'll drink pretty much whatever someone hands me.

Except that 'shine NSF showed up with that one time.

I'm pretty sure that was just gasoline in a bottle.

I'm (very minority) part owner in a whisk(e)y bar so I have interest in any of the distilled fermented grain mash beverages!!

p.s. Baron I would gladly take the Walker but Doug's more likely to be out your way.

Plus, I can prolly wrestle it away from David anyway.

So, I start this thread about the Opressor Man and it quickly devolves to discussion of bump-drafting SIMCAs and booze.  A very LeMony outcome.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

curlypaul924 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Bump drafting sucks, Chump sucks, old Lemons rocked, rule creep sucks, stuntin' and splodin' rocks.

That is...wow, that's talent.  See, this is the sort of thing I think Lemons needs to _en_courage. 

That, and burn-out competitions. 

And wet t-shirt....oh, shit...my wife's watching over my shoulder...

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:
curlypaul924 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

That is...wow, that's talent.  See, this is the sort of thing I think Lemons needs to _en_courage. 

Wet t-shizzow... yeah, we might pay for that.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Pics or it didn't happen!

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench

This is all I have to say on the subject of mint juleps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgR-fVEXHBk

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

solman244 wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Had a mint julep last night

I had no idea what this was, so I looked it up.

Basically, you are admitting that the bourbon sucks so much that you have to water it down, add sugar and then - just to kill the smell - top it off with a mint leaf?
As an avid scotch drinker, I couldn't agree with you more.

How  dare you,  sir! How  dare you!

Chris  should immediately lock this thread because of the slander against good American booze.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

Highland single malt ftw.  Bourbon's good in a pinch...

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

We use Bourbon to clean carburetors, I never thought about drinking it.

This space for rent.

Now I know you're making stuff up, bob.  I've seen what you drink.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Apparently he is drinking carburetor solvent.
That's one method of haz waste disposal.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

38 (edited by ninjacoco 2013-07-14 11:09 PM)

DC Doug wrote:
mechimike wrote:
curlypaul924 wrote:

Wet t-shizzow... yeah, we might pay for that.

Only if I get to see smokin' hot moobs, too. smile

Moar stuntin' would work in lieu of acceptable pecs. I like cars on two wheels. Shoot, I'd gladly jump someone else's car if we're all done for the weekend. I like yumps! Not sure there's any we could use around MSR-H, though. BOO.

(re: the first post--TBH, Chump's squeamishness on Lemons talk is a huge turn-off for me whenever I get on their board. It smacks of "let's make guys who have cars already 99.99999% prepped for this series feel really, really unwelcome here." Yeah, let's not do that. I much prefer bourbon chat, anyway.)