Re: V-12's rule

Awesome. I hope someone got video of that shit. cool

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

This car was a Diplomats car that was smuggling cars into Mexico and got busted by DEA and supposedly cannot be registered .

The car has bulletproof double layer windows.
That car was really slow out on the track.

Claim Away for Jay there is so many cars out there that should have been claimed before .

I think Jay should claim cars and then People's curse them if no one votes for a Peoples curse!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

The Pendejos were kind enough to let me drive their totally cheating, impossible-to-get-for-$500 V12 race car around for about 30 minutes on friday

Conclusion: Worst Race Car Ever.

Not only did the thing weigh 4,800 pounds BEFORE they added the roll cage, but in 1995 fifteen inch wheels were all the rage -- meaning that at best you could cram (maybe) 11" brakes in there.

I was going about 10 mph, hit the brakes full and coasted for thirty feet.

That said, the built in phone was still in the car, and that ruled.

Conclusion #2: Lemons needs more V12 luxury yachts.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

The Pendejos were kind enough to let me drive their totally cheating, impossible-to-get-for-$500 V12 race car around for about 30 minutes on friday

Conclusion: Worst Race Car Ever.

Not only did the thing weigh 4,800 pounds BEFORE they added the roll cage, but in 1995 fifteen inch wheels were all the rage -- meaning that at best you could cram (maybe) 11" brakes in there.

I was going about 10 mph, hit the brakes full and coasted for thirty feet.

That said, the built in phone was still in the car, and that ruled.

Conclusion #2: Lemons needs more V12 luxury yachts.

I was looking at the specs for this pig and saw curb wieght at 5030lbs!

The brake pads probably were glazed from Mr. Dilopmat driving it.

I checked our labor guide on intake R&R, 7.7 hrs.

Judge Jonny wrote:

Not only did the thing weigh 4,800 pounds BEFORE they added the roll cage

sergio wrote:

Again I feel compelled to ask about the "4200 pounds" maximum weight specified in rule 2.1.

Surely an "as manufactured" weight limit 4200 pounds was initially intended to keep the as-raced weight below 4,000 pounds.  And yet... a car that weighs somewhere between 4800 and 5000 pounds is allowed to race WITH FULL INTERIOR and the ADDED WEIGHT OF A ROLL CAGE.

5000 pounds of sled plus ass-hat driving could get someone in an 1800 pound Honda crushed flat!  And for what?  Just so we can say we shared the track with a luxury yacht?

Lame.  Even for Lemons.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

31 (edited by Judge Jonny 2009-11-23 09:43 AM)

Loren wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Not only did the thing weigh 4,800 pounds BEFORE they added the roll cage

sergio wrote:

Again I feel compelled to ask about the "4200 pounds" maximum weight specified in rule 2.1.

Surely an "as manufactured" weight limit 4200 pounds was initially intended to keep the as-raced weight below 4,000 pounds.  And yet... a car that weighs somewhere between 4800 and 5000 pounds is allowed to race WITH FULL INTERIOR and the ADDED WEIGHT OF A ROLL CAGE.

5000 pounds of sled plus ass-hat driving could get someone in an 1800 pound Honda crushed flat!  And for what?  Just so we can say we shared the track with a luxury yacht?

Lame.  Even for Lemons.

Oh, here comes the lawyers.

First of all, as we have done many times in the past, when a car's awesomeness outweighs its weight, we make an exception. See the OG Caddy hearse that was smashing CRXs into oblivion at Altamont years before you'd ever heard of this Lemons thing.

Also, if you think a V12 Benz Coupe is in anyway lame, you should probably check out the last sentence of rule 1.1. A rule, which by the way, supersedes both rule 2.1 and whiny, not-getting-this-whole-lemons-thing forumites.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Not to mention the Merc was pretty well driven, unlike the hearse back at Altamont.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

X-args wrote:

Not to mention the Merc was pretty well driven, unlike the hearse back at Altamont.

Touche

I just think there are certain safety rules that shouldn't be waived.  You're not gonna let anyone out on track without a cage or a harness or a driving suit.  I think allowing a 3x weight disparity between cars fits in the same category.

Obviously, you don't agree.  That's okay.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Loren wrote:

I just think there are certain safety rules that shouldn't be waived.  You're not gonna let anyone out on track without a cage or a harness or a driving suit.  I think allowing a 3x weight disparity between cars fits in the same category.

Obviously, you don't agree.  That's okay.

That's not a safety rule. It's a no trucks rule.

E30 drivers always find something to complain about.

When we nuke our air cooled PorWs I may have to go back to the land of large and stupid sedans

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/11/500x_lth09-fixes-500px-33.jpg

I like how it looks like a dinosaur's rib cage

Loren wrote:

Hmmm, I was in a 1400lb Honda when they moved over on me coming up on turn 5 Sunday morning...so I got on the brakes and got the hell out of the way.  All I could think of was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eghIfy … r_embedded

Self preservation is a powerful instinct and I have no problem sharing the track with big cars like that.  Quit yer bitchin.

squirrelly_z600 wrote:
Loren wrote:

Hmmm, I was in a 1400lb Honda when they moved over on me coming up on turn 5 Sunday morning...so I got on the brakes and got the hell out of the way.  All I could think of was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eghIfy … r_embedded

Self preservation is a powerful instinct and I have no problem sharing the track with big cars like that.  Quit yer bitchin.

I was not the one driving Sunday morning but when i was in the seat my eyes were glued to the mirrors looking for you and the metro i did not want to even get near you guys. Driving that beast and trying to stay out of the way was a chore.

Pen

41 (edited by squirrelly_z600 2009-11-23 06:09 PM)

I take no offense.  Your car was fantastic.  I actually went 2 wheels just off the track to avoid contact but no black flag so it's all cool.  Besides the starter motor fell off my engine 10 laps later and made an awesome smoke screen inside my car on the front strait.

-Tim

rule bla bla bla says you must be under XXXXX weight.....WHO CARES....this luxury barge of a car was totally in the spirit of Lemons and deserved to be there.....it IS what Lemons is about......  plus they still owe me a nice Bosch toaster!!  :>)

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

plus they still owe me a nice Bosch toaster!!  :>)(quote)

Other way around Ice me boy.

1. Our car had highest devaluation.
2. We finished the race smile
3. We did it in style.
4. We got two awards and were in the running for 3.
5. Our car still is running well and has oil pressure at all the important points.
6. WE GOT CLAIMED and that is a badge i will wear for a very long time.
7. We had the best four lap race there between us and the beetle. A horse power to weight race it was

I guess it must be left in the hands of the judges to decide the winner of the bet.

This should be good.

Pendejhoooooo