26 (edited by Mike C. 2013-08-05 06:36 PM)

Re: Wether they like it or not - Rally Baby owns the Super K

NSF wrote:
Mike C. wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1012259_10151548071193062_2013680845_n.jpg

My two theories:

1)  Dave is looking from heaven at that car - at his services - and gets it. 
He thinks,  "How cool is it to have the Super K at my service".

2) (and more likely)  F-you Mike this is the best you could do, The Fucking Super K?  F-you!!

Tough call...

Regardless it's a tough week at the Rally Baby camp.   Prayers.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-0 … oard-pilot

we did slightly better than that. 
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/46919_10151548143453062_2083491026_n.jpg
https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/554019_10151548143538062_1607642131_n.jpg

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

and thanks for the thoughts and prayers of you all on here for the Jenny family,.  It means a lot.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

It appears RB is taking a two pronged approach for assured DOMINATION this weekend.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1000241_10152683841787619_1122353674_n.jpg
No fail in this plan.

This space for rent.

The good news is that the fire is out. The bad news is that the Super K trophy caused it.

This space for rent.

Pictures?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

NSF wrote:

The good news is that the fire is out. The bad news is that the Super K trophy caused it.

This is going to end up being my fault in some way, isn't it?

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Can't wait to hear this story.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

From what I hear, Mike Carr was driving to the race and about 8 miles into the run the under-dash started smoking.  Seems the 60 lb trophy worked it's way under there and cut a bunch of wires to keep things interesting.  I'm sure he'll update us as soon as he can.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

From what I hear, Mike Carr was driving to the race and about 8 miles into the run the under-dash started smoking.  Seems the 60 lb trophy worked it's way under there and cut a bunch of wires to keep things interesting.  I'm sure he'll update us as soon as he can.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLD10KhoR6XTDzZm5vN-qFbN5HE5v4NXFaYKWJOplQUwcx3Tn22g

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/539050_10151606646433811_2122353793_n.jpg

NSA
National Secutity Theme.

This space for rent.

Holy security cameras batman!  Awesome!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Did the green skull shifter get saved somewhere? Maybe welded to the trophy? It needs to still be part of the car somewhere.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536870_10151831795084804_1688591855_n.jpg

3RD black flag.  4 off..  But the engine cut out and the driver pulled off the racing surface.

This space for rent.

Likely excuse. The K POWAH was simply too much for the track to contain.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Word.

This space for rent.

I would just like to state that the K is a POS, but it is fun to drive

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Sunday morning Super K took the green flag.
Ran all day and took the checkered!!

F Ya!

This space for rent.

And it survived!

I now again have (ugh) the key.

The hardest part was getting it home when we got stuck in 30 minutes worth of 5mph traffic. Apparently, K's fan only covers 2/3 of the radiator's horizontal pipes and the other third streams awesome hot coolant straight back into the engine. To my horror, temps slowly crept into 210-220 and then, suddenly, it was fine again as we got the speed back. Phew.

Now I got 4 weeks to prepare, and 7000 miles to drive...

K Car Stalker

How many bags of oil dry did it take to make the driver's side foot well habitable?

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

45 (edited by griffer 2013-08-12 11:29 AM)

What an amazing experience.

I have much love for that terrible, terrible car.

Here is my AAR.  That's TACTICAL for After Action Report, or my hazing recollections-

First off, the fire at 8 miles was with me at the wheel. It was caused by a hot lead directly from the battery to the CD player.  The 'trophy' was in the back and the lead was loose and grounded out under the trophy and battery box, filling the cabin with insulation smoke.  I thought the battery exploded.  I grabbed my sockets and took off the lead and she fired right up.  I also decided i might want to actually put the bolt on the steering wheel.  2 hours later we were at the track without incidence.

Mad, crazy prep to get our theme shit in place and put our half baked NSA Car subcontracted to Cobra, or something through tech.

We got the whole car prepped with ten security cameras, numerous 'surveillance' warning stickers, NSA stickers, converted all NSF to NSA, and squeezed our ample frames into some stupid -I mean tactical-costumes that I brought along. Inspection was rushed and nobody cared about our awesome backstory, and then it was back to the garage.

We spent a LOT of time in the garage.

I took her out for the green Saturday, and was actually getting some racing done for the first hour.  Does passing terrible pieces of crap count? Then the fuel issue started.  We spent most of saturday midday doing all kinds of heroically conceived stupid shit from the mundane- fuel filter change- to the craptastic- removing the hood and ducting the ECU to cool the computer, with a dryer vent.

Finally, after dying, being towed once, and black flagged for.....dying...completely dead....beyond resuscitation...about to crack a beer dead...Ben wiggled the MAP sensor and it started.  But even better, deleting the MAP gave a consistent throttle up to 4k on the tach.  Sure it's only 4k, but it didn't stall and it was predictable.

So then we beat the shit out of it.  After Dave and Ben did all the ill fated 15 minute test runs, Jason and Aaaron finished us out.  Aaron did a heroic 2 hours to take the checker and suffered a terrible cramp.

That night some stuff happened that involved a finding a MAP, drinking, zebra bumping, dance floor Tebowing, jello shots and absolutely no spooning.

The next morning we awoke refreshed and ready to drive a fantastic machine with a new map sensor.  Actually, we were mostly hung over.  Dave Mills took the green so I could eat bacon and iburprofen before my wife arrived to be completely underwhelmed by 'racing'.  And the replaement MAP sucked too, so we deleted it again and ran the rest of the day with a fuel cutoff at 4k.

I took second position for 1.5 hours, Jason followed with 2 hours, and Ben was supposed to take the checkered, but it was a heroic stretch.  I stayed in my firesuit and at pit at 3:00, Ben tapped out. We had to pit in the garage everytime because it was leaking oil, everywhere.  Even the floor pan, driverside. Getting out of the damn thing was slippery hell.

Bottom line, we finished logging 1:59 best lap and mostly low 2:00-2:10s.  We logged 240 (?) laps and took both greens and both checkers.  The cockpit changes were critical.  Fxiing the pedals, steering column and installing the chiller box were awesome.  Throttle fix and stabilizing the engine, and it really became a driveable, fun car.  And we really drove it. By the end, the front tires were corded, and the final 20 minutes were an interesting, sliding time in heavy, crazy end of race traffic.  I am just happy I brought her home.  My wife took a ton of pics. I will probably dump them in a public photobucket account.

For a bunch of Lemons noobs, including a theater major who can't drive, and a team scattered across 5 or 6 states, we kept it running and presented pretty well, I think.

Thank you to the team- Ben Greisler, Aaron King, Jason Hiester, and Dave Mills for allowing me to ride with you guys and be a part of this, and thanks to all the help in the paddock, from Rally Baby and Mike Carr, the Lemons guys, NSF, Doug, our patient spouses, Sasha and Mischa. TACTICAL!

Live Like Dave

46 (edited by DC Doug 2013-08-12 08:19 PM)

Griff - you guys are now Legends of Super K heros.  Poorly done, very poorly done, fine sirs!

LIVE LIKE DAVE!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Now is the time to get them to commit to the season ender. They are still glowing and full of hope.

This space for rent.

I keep mentioning the free year-end entry and all I get is, 'ah, yeah...............'

Maybe I'm not selling it the right way(?)

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I am in for the year ender. Chris and I were gonna do it anyway...so......

<SUCKERS>