Topic: Speedy & The Gang NJMP Mystery "Car" clues

It's a legitimate Index of Effluency candidate, but it was built in the 90's.
The engine is much smaller than it should be (less than 1/4 of the ideal size).
The tires we are racing on are arguably the worst tires ever run in a Lemons race. Ever.
It has never been done before, as far as we know.
It will be simultaneously recognizable and yet totally different.
It may cause momentary panic at first glimpse, depending on the situation.

WARNING: Those few in the know are prohibited from dropping any hints or verifying/refuting answers in any way.

Guesses welcome. Answers Friday, high noon, at NJMP.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Re: Speedy & The Gang NJMP Mystery "Car" clues

We are driving 12 hours from the midwest just to see it! It is just a coincidence that we happen to be bringing a race car with us.

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

Hmmm...Momentary panic?  How about a police cushman?

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

Hovercraft with training wheels?

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

An inside out GM DustBuster Minivan?

Boss 351 wrote:

An inside out GM DustBuster Minivan?

I like the cut of your jib.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Its a Conestoga wagon, isn't it?

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

8 (edited by chrisbcritter 2013-08-06 08:25 PM)

I think I got it - sent Speedy a PM so's not to spoil the surprise... but I went with the assumption of a four-wheeled enclosed vehicle with a legal wheelbase to narrow it down (and a Zamboni with a roll cage didn't seem to fit).

An "O.J. Simpson"-era Bronco, powered by a 1-cylinder diesel. What'd I win?

Team Fairlylame
HumidiTT '14 IOE Winner

Its a Conestoga wagon, isn't it?

Pulled by one horse? At least it would be the first Lemons Studebaker.

"Boxy But Good" has been taken, so I'll guess you decided to be a fire engine.

It's a movie reference.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7oqz6Ykpd0

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

bunny with pancake on head?

shark with shark on its head?

who knows, but it will certainly be entertaining.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

If it turns out as well as the plane it will inspire confusion and giggles in the hearts of our enemies!

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

I took today off to get this thing finished. There will be no sneak peeks Thursday night or Friday morning. The debut will be at noon, if Sports Illustrated has arrived. BS tech should be hilarious.

Also, there's no need to PM or email me your answers. The whole point of guessing them on here is to see who was right, come Friday. No answers will be confirmed or denied, here or privately. One nice added benefit of this method is that I'm seeing some great ideas for future builds. In the past, I've always come up with the ideas, but a few of the ones I've seen here and on the Speedycop facebook page are pretty damn good, and require building.

Now for a few more nondescript, unhelpful, mostly vague clues:

Kids of all ages will love it.
It could be used in parades.
We are really hoping it doesn't rain this weekend. That would suck.
It is theoretically fuel efficient but most definitely NOT environmentally friendly.
If we need more tires, we are quite possibly screwed.
We haven't weighed it, but despite extensive weight reduction (oh, say, 70%), this thing weighs a TON!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

This?

http://api.ning.com/files/A3DDWF7hwFMXl9UtADezNH6KRTsEwzpd1Z6MKKF7-HjuYl9hor4hJdyk449jarmCWWZgaeqZs-wDS9TKaZY6T2k8YjQDeD4M/palmerparktonku010.JPG?width=737&height=552

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

Yes, Sports Illustrated will be racing it.

No, they have no idea what it is either.

Former pedestrian or commercial vehicle??  Very excited to whiteness the unveil!

Official provider of endless bad ideas that always work, sometimes
Walk of Shame Racing - Wagon Queen Family Truckster #84

NoShame wrote:

Former pedestrian or commercial vehicle??  Very excited to whiteness the unveil!

Please don't whiteness it, Tom Sawyer, or others may want to follow suit!

stanley steamer??

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Cleveland steamer?

He said built in the 90's.... I'm gonna guess a LaForza, the Italian SUV built on a medium duty chassis with a Ford engine, but I doubt that's it since the engine isn't 1/4 the size it should be.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Geo metro limo

Hummer H1, soft top.  Likely with found with a blown motor, and something around 1.5L has replaced it.

Pucker Factor Racing - Gator-O-Rama, Feb '11, Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas!, Oct '11
Scuderia Ignorante - Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas, Feb '12 (As seen in Car & Driver), Gator-O-Rama, Sept '13

Not sure about the car but with the sports illustrated hints it would be fun to see a swimsuit issue theme.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

A monster truck will those silly transport wheels and powered by a junkyard diesel?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.