Topic: Glass half full at Thunderhill

Hey, we had a great time at the Hill.  Thanks to Jay, the support staff, the Tech guys and the track workers.  Kevin was working to midnight to get people in the track.  The weather was good, and we even had spectators.  Of course, we could have done better; of course we didn’t deserve the one black flag we got.  Of course there were other black flags we could have gotten. 
Do we want to do this again?  Hell yes

Re: Glass half full at Thunderhill

Repeat after me:

"I deserve a black flag, if only because I'm stupid enough to get out there with all those other idiots"

It helps make the inevitable one on track easier to swallow.

+1 Great time.

The Cannonball Bandits | Facebook Fan Page | Unununium Medal Winners 2010
3X Organizer's Choice Winner 2010 - Sears Pointless, Goin' For Broken, Arse Sweat-A-Palooza
1X Organizer's Choice Winner 2011 - Arse Sweat-A-Palooza

"It was my fault, I'm sorry, how can I avoid doing that again? I think I should get out of the car"

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

I was seriously ready to go on a tri-state murder rampage by about midday Sunday, thanks to the general loathing of humanity I'd developed as a result of all 45,827 racers who bitched about the black flags they totally didn't deserve. I think we had about 3% of our miscreants admitting their wrongdoing at Thunderhill, compared to the 80% or so we get in South Carolina.

Come to think of it, only the West Coast racers come up with conspiracy theories about race officials and/or corner workers being out to get their team. I must have heard that particular lame-ass whine a dozen times over the weekend. You think those guys can even remember your heap 10 seconds after they see it? You're all blurring together into one big, oil-burning, bumper-dropping ur-LeMon in the eyes of everyone who works at the track.

The Californians really need to take some lessons from our Southern Lemons racers. The Southern racers are having fun even when their cars blow up, even when we totally hose them for cheating, and even when they get black flags.

Flag (black) happens...  I got 2 at Buttonwillow, and I didn't do anything, nor did Judge J or anyone in the tent know why I was in the P box to begin with and was sent on my way.  If I screwed up, I'll take my punishment but at least this time, I was innocent.  As with anything, course workers can make mistakes (get wrong car numbers, THINK they see an infraction-- or maybe they just get nightmares when they see an AMC Pacer so they take it out on you-- repeatedly)-- People lie-- cheaters always win.  ETC ETC.

BUT DID YOU HAVE FUN THOUGH?  That's what counts.  ;^)

Yeah, Jay said we should go talk to the turnworkers and 'get the real skinny' on their plan to take over the world- but before that, make our lives miserable through malicious black flagging.

The judges looked pretty haggard by the end there, that was an arseload of penalties to give out.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

X-args wrote:

The judges looked pretty haggard by the end there, that was an arseload of penalties to give out.

Yeah, sorry if I was barking at some of you guys that didn't deserve it- we were all starting to hate the very sight of anyone in Nomex by about 1:00 PM Sunday.

MurileeMartin wrote:

The Californians really need to take some lessons from our Southern Lemons racers. The Southern racers are having fun even when their cars blow up, even when we totally hose them for cheating, and even when they get black flags.

Low-taxation and lax gun laws have their benefits, you know? smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Low-taxation and lax gun laws have their benefits, you know? smile

...just wait till we shoot all the lawyers, wink

Hummm, sounds like I'm not the only whiner......

MurileeMartin wrote:
X-args wrote:

Yeah, sorry if I was barking at some of you guys that didn't deserve it- we were all starting to hate the very sight of anyone in Nomex by about 1:00 PM Sunday.

No, we had it coming. We were happy to get off with four 'flag black', pathetically.
A few salty oaths were traded in the pits, and the guilty know the score.

In hindsight it turned out ok that we did the 'talk to the wall' penalty, it would have been hard to scrub off all the 'I really won't pass under yellow' Sharpie. The Cavalier still has a really nice straight body, only one slight ding from the whole weekend... and a failed water pump with 2 hours to go.

We'll make some ghetto pour-your-own poly engine mounts and fix the water pump and too-long axle shaft, and try again at Sears Point.

The car works pretty good, the Nittos want a little less pressure than the Falkens (I liked the car super loose, but some team members didn't so we calmed it down), and the upgraded junkyard P90/Alero brakes were the biz. Three years of J-car Lemons development.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

It's the moonshine, Jonny... *twitch*

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

wow. im officially glad i don't goto the cali races. that sounds like the most concerntrated, purified madness of any Lemons event