Topic: Anyone got good photos of the Ghost Ride The Whip penalty?

I'm working on a Jalopnik post about the construction of the amp/speaker box that was on the roof of my Crown Vic, and I failed to get any good shots of the Starsky & The Bandit Capri team doing their great dance routine during the Ghost Ride The Whip penalty (if you saw the penalty in action, you know the one I mean). If you captured some shots of the Starsky Bandit Dancers doing their thing on the Penalty P71- and I saw many photographers in action as they danced their way around the paddock- please email me the photos.

Re: Anyone got good photos of the Ghost Ride The Whip penalty?

The team that started the mosh-pit when the Metallica song came on was my favorite ghost riding team...

I have some of the "german train" behind you from the Rammstein parade on my iphone.  I might have the starsky guys or the 1UP team ghost riding the Vic on my other camera at home.  I'll check tonight.

Chris

Sorry, I got nothing.

Happily, I can state that we did not see any time in the 'Judges Playground'.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

dtfastbear wrote:

The team that started the mosh-pit when the Metallica song came on was my favorite ghost riding team...

Yes, those guys have inspired us to add a mosh-pit penalty to the repertoire. They were the world's lamest dancers to Kool Keith, but perked right up for Metallica.

MurileeMartin wrote:
dtfastbear wrote:

Yes, those guys have inspired us to add a mosh-pit penalty to the repertoire. They were the world's lamest dancers to Kool Keith, but perked right up for Metallica.

That happened right in front of our pits; I've got a handful of 'action' shots of the guys jumping into and onto the Vic and generally cavorting.  They're yours if you want 'em.

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

TeamPettyCash wrote:

That happened right in front of our pits; I've got a handful of 'action' shots of the guys jumping into and onto the Vic and generally cavorting.  They're yours if you want 'em.

Yes, please send them to me. Full resolution is best.

MurileeMartin wrote:
TeamPettyCash wrote:

I'll get on it.  They're from my old Nikon D70 so should be plenty big.

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Put them on flickr for everyone to see, why withhold pics?

Can I have a get out of penalty free card for starting the Mosh?

Please post pics. i haven't been in a Mosh pit in years, I'm too old for this shit now lol.

Deathmobile

I have this image in my head of the "Techno-Viking"... youtube it... it's great...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

MurileeMartin wrote:
TeamPettyCash wrote:

Pics sent to murilee@murileemartin.com

-Matt

Well, maybe not.  Got kicked back because file size was too big.  Is there a Jalopnik FTP I could dump them on?  I only tried to send 5 pics, but I guess it was too much.

-Matt

TeamPettyCash wrote:

Well, maybe not.  Got kicked back because file size was too big.  Is there a Jalopnik FTP I could dump them on?  I only tried to send 5 pics, but I guess it was too much.

-Matt

Just resize them to 1280 wide

Jalopnik doesn't publish pics bigger than that

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

TeamPettyCash wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:
TeamPettyCash wrote:

Pics sent to murilee@murileemartin.com

-Matt

My email server shouldn't have a size limit- will check.

Anyway, just send them here. Just pick the best couple of photos and send them full-res. I only need one good one.

Done.  Three sent.

-Matt

We got the "All Hail the Helmsman" Chinese Revolution penalty. I enjoyed it of all the others I saw it was one of the best. Only thing was I'm lazy and don't like to walk so that kinda disturbs me. The Rammstein one was halarious with all the German cars as well I didn't see any of the others.

That was fun.  I enjoyed beating up my teammates.  Especially the one that hit the Miata and caused the penalty.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/11/starskyandbandit-800px.jpg

Got the Petty Cash shots of the guys moshing to Metallica. That's cool, but what I'm really hoping to get is some photos of the Starsky & The Bandit team dancing to "Ghost Ride The Whip." You'd recognize them anywhere (see above).