Topic: MUSTED READING! I made a good point!

Yes, it involves the 100% uncut, pure cheat Maxima

Judge Jonny wrote:

2) You didn't negotiate shit. I gave you 20 laps. You left black flag with 20 laps. Then, without me present, you got it down to 10 by donating a generator. For future ref, every time another team has donated anything we give them a get out of jail free card. But since you were so obsessed with laps, you fucked your entire team onto the trailer by worrying about laps instead of a get out of jail free pass. Oops!

In other words, "negotiating" for ten laps instead of twenty cost this team a few hours of racing.

Put another way, they would have completed more laps with a 20 lap penalty that the 10 laps they wound up with.

Interesting, no?

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: MUSTED READING! I made a good point!

Johhny,

Yup hind site is 20/20 since we were all rookies we didn't know that.  We did get a get out of jail free card cuzz we passed tech the first time thru.  If we had known better, we would have negotiated for another card instead of the laps, but because of my pride I didn't think we would need TWO cards so I opted for a lap reduction.  You're right, bad call, I should have sought the advice of a seasoned vet and asked what THEY would do, I didn't.  FUDGE!!!

Jonny, to set the record straight we did have a get out of jail pass. Mr, mole lost it speeding in the padock apparently. John Pagel asked me to borrrow the generator. we still ,at that time had the G.O.O.J card. so I asked for a reduced BS lap penalty, and he asked if I had kneepads.LOL I took the ten laps. truth.. Nite nite

4 (edited by Judge Jonny 2009-11-23 11:07 PM)

Cheating Maxmia Guys wrote:

Speeding in the pits

Oh, you danger-to-yourselves-and--everyone-else-on-the-track cheatin' monsters were trying to kill innocent bystanders (like Knuckles) too?

Makes sense

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

We went through tech clean with compliments, but got no GOOFJ card.

May we please have one for Sears?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

We went through tech clean with compliments, but got no GOOFJ card.

May we please have one for Sears?

KT

HA HA HA HAH HA HA HA HA !!!!!

No.

And you didn't even take any of our meat and cheese platter...

Well I never!!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

we made it through tech....well kinda after mopping the puddles of oil under the car....thats not good enough for a GOOFJ...geeze...I guess I better start whining

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Funny, I've done 4 races, and I've never heard of getting a get out of penalty free card just for passing tech on the first try (which we did). Is that a west coast phenomenon, or just some new incentive to help get 156 cars through tech quickly?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

...or just some new incentive to help get 156 cars through tech quickly?

Bingo. Nick had a post about it before the race.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Speedycop wrote:

Funny, I've done 4 races, and I've never heard of getting a get out of penalty free card just for passing tech on the first try (which we did). Is that a west coast phenomenon, or just some new incentive to help get 156 cars through tech quickly?

west-coast thing mainly. apparently people dunno how to use email, digital cameras, or the forum to help make sure their wrecks would float long enough to get the thumbs up at several races like houston, buttonwillow, and thill. I've had my papers on tech notations at the ready for the CMP and Ohio races and i didn't even need'em.

The deal on the the GOOJF cards was this: We tech inspectors had 5 of them to hand out to teams that breezed through tech.  We chose to issue them to first time teams that had NO issues in tech, clean sheet.   Among those, we gave them to the teams that had the best attitudes.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

I will say this: on Friday, Judge Murilee and I were SHOCKED that not only did 9 out of 10 teams fail tech, but the same number could not answer the following question, "Did you pass tech?"

It was freaking weird.

Judge Jonny wrote:

I will say this: on Friday, Judge Murilee and I were SHOCKED that not only did 9 out of 10 teams fail tech, but the same number could not answer the following question, "Did you pass tech?"

It was freaking weird.

The rules are in English, and quite short, they are very easy to read.    I was shocked as well.  It is freaking weird

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

It was freaking weird.

The rules are in English, and quite short, they are very easy to read.    I was shocked as well.  It is freaking weird

I wonder how much of this is just hangover from the laxer days of Altamont?

I mean, we still get people saying, "You shouldn't give me any BS laps -- I went to a party at Jay's loft once." Not realizing A) Who hasn't? B) Jay hates people that go to parties at his loft. Especially those in Nomex.

Or, does it just point to the fact that California racers are lamer than Texas/South Carolina racers?

Judge Jonny wrote:

Or, does it just point to the fact that California racers are lamer than Texas/South Carolina racers?

I think you are on to something there.  They do have better themes smile

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Judge Jonny wrote:

winner, winner, chicken dinner.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Fried chicken dinner.