1 (edited by "Sparky" Pete 2009-11-24 11:03 AM)

Topic: In-flight entertainment, Killer Bee - Mud Dauber Edition

Our art-car friends and forum members Chris & Jo Owens happened to be up on the hill and caught this shot without even realizing it...

Shared with his permission, thanks Chris!

(Higher resolution http://www231.pair.com/factotum/Flight_ … ropped.jpg)

http://www231.pair.com/factotum/Flight_of_the_Killer_B_cropped.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Re: In-flight entertainment, Killer Bee - Mud Dauber Edition

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Our art-car friends and forum members Chris & Jo Owens happened to be up on the hill and caught this shot without even realizing it...

Shared with his permission, thanks Chris!

(Higher resolution http://www231.pair.com/factotum/Flight_ … ropped.jpg)

http://www231.pair.com/factotum/Flight_ … ropped.jpg

Pete
I am totally happy your driver walked away without a scratch. Now I know why my wife (Driver) was so shaken when she saw it happen from 4 cars back.
Thanks for saving us space next to you guys it was awesome!

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Now THAT is one hell of a photo...

Uberbird!

Wow that's an incredible shot, and a very good thing the driver walked away. I didn't know that it flipped end over end like that.

More than you can afford, pal. Daihatsu.
AFAP TH '09 - 95th
ASAP TH '10 - 34th - 1st Class C "Ugly"

I'd like to use that shot in a Jalopnik post. Can you get the OK from the guy who shot it?

Hi Murilee,

It's my shot; you're welcome to use it.

Best,

Chris O

Also note the super-cheater Maxima in the lower left. smile

Wow, I can see that thing cheating from here!

This pic is the new background on my 32" monitor at work. Everyone asks why I have a pic of a bunch of crappy cars in a field on my desktop and I simply state "You wouldn't understand" HAHAHAHAHA. Great shot by the way.

At least you have the memories Pete! smile  Thanks again for saving us a spot with you guys, we had a blast this weekend.

11 (edited by Bobnova 2009-11-25 08:54 AM)

That explains the broken cage a bit better, and how crushed the front end was, i missed the crash itself, i was probably watching Judge Johnny harass people.

Very glad the driver was fine, i saw the bent/broken cage and though "holy shit!".

Is there enough car left to rebuild?

EDIT:
Great picture, too.

Bobnova wrote:

Is there enough car left to rebuild?

It'll buff right out.

I started working on it feverishly yesterday. Thus far I have accomplished walking around in endless circles, and staring. I believe this may qualify as my personal Project Car Hell. A BGT in a million boxes, or a flipped out roadster?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

So, where did the BMW roll?   It looks like the Volvo and the B rolled at almost the exact same spot.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

14 (edited by SharkBait 2009-11-25 11:12 AM)

Evil Genius wrote:

So, where did the BMW roll?   It looks like the Volvo and the B rolled at almost the exact same spot.

Pretty much the same location but judging purely from the video, how they played out looked very different. The bee looked like it innocently caught the inside of the following car. It must have been scary as all hell to roll when your head is only an inch or two from the pavement with nothing in between. The Volvo roll looked much different. To the untrained amateur eye through the lens of a crappy video camera, it looks like a pit maneuver. The other driver must have seen/heard the Volvo and yet it came off the optimal line to the inside whacking the Volvo sideways in the process. Notice that the Fury was all the way over on the white line on the left side as it went passed the flipped Volvo. Pretty scary stuff! Again, I wasn't there so what the hell do I know?

I think the BMW rolled in the North section of the track somewhere before or near turn 8.

The Sharks
Home of the E28 Turbo Tuner Fish and the Hammered Head 944 Turbo

Watching both in-car videos it looks like close to the same deal, except that I can't tell what the fury was up to, whether it moved into the volvo or vice versa.  The MGB moved into what was an empty space before a honda snuck up on it and pit'd itself.  The volvo may have pit'd itself or been pit'd.

I was curious what happened to the BMW as well.  Also curious if T-Hill is going to think about getting rid of the berm that both the mgb and the volvo used to roll themselves over, i would if it was my track.

I do have to say, that's a very nice pirouette they pulled off.

Too bad it was a race and not  a dance competition.