Re: Z = Zero still in full effect for 2010

Judge Jonny wrote:

You cannot win a Lemons race in a Datsun/Nissan Z car.

Will a Datsun pickup fit within the scope of this? You referenced car specifically but I wanted to double check. Thanks

huf_arted wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

You cannot win a Lemons race in a Datsun/Nissan Z car.

Will a Datsun pickup fit within the scope of this? You referenced car specifically but I wanted to double check. Thanks

Z -- dude, a datsun/nissan Z

for those that lack the reading comp skillz to figure this out

Lemons will never be won by a

240Z
260Z
280Z
280ZX
300ZX*

*one day a Z32 will show up -- that's a different story.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

My apologies I read it as Datsun...or...Nissan Z

Judge Jonny wrote:

300ZX*

We've talked about that.  I swear they gots electronic gremlins to rival a BMW.

They are getting cheap enough but they are pretty tore up.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

300ZX*

It will happen.

It will not be pleasant for the team that tries.

Unless... they bring one of the very rare roadsters! You know, the bread-basket looking ZX that cost $44,000 in the mid-90s.

Hee hee hee

We'd let that slide.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Z31 FTW. If Team Underground doesn't do it we are gonna start to wrenching major. I'm gonna drive our car around daily to work and shit and see what happens around town to test it's durability even more. If it blows up 302 Ford is on the way. big_smile

32 (edited by squirrelly_z600 2009-11-25 12:15 PM)

Judge Jonny wrote:

Unless... they bring one of the very rare roadsters! You know, the bread-basket looking ZX that cost $44,000 in the mid-90s.

Hee hee hee

We'd let that slide.

I think I could actually make that happen as there is a crappy one sitting at the upholstery shop next door.  The convertible top frame is garbage so the car lot that sent it over has basically abandoned it there.  It would mean not bringing the Z600 though...I'm torn.

What if we're using a Z31 engine in another chassis that is *gasp* worse than a z31?

I think you know what I'm thinking

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

mikespeed95 wrote:

What if we're using a Z31 engine in another chassis that is *gasp* worse than a z31?

I think you know what I'm thinking

How about a VG30 in a Spitfire? What could possibly go wrong?

Judge Jonny wrote:
Troy wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

300ZX*

It will happen.

It will not be pleasant for the team that tries.

Hee hee hee

We'd let that slide.

92 NISSAN 300 ZX - $500 (cupples/hwy90)
Date: 2009-11-25, 4:40PM CST
Reply to: sale-t9qmj-1482413539@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

ALRIGHT SO I HAVE A 300 ZX IT'S A 2 SEATER, TE-TOPS, BLACK ON BLACK, IT HAS A BRAND NEW CLUTCH, BRAND NEW SLAVE CYLINDER, AN CLUTCH CYLINDER. THE HEADS HAVE BEEN RE-DONE $150 BUCKS EACH.. POWER WINDOWS, POWER LOCKS, A/C&HEATER WORK GREAT .....NOW....THE ONLY REASON I AM SELLING IT IS BECAUSE I RAN OUT OF FUNDS TO COUNTINUE FIXING THE CAR... I HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO THIS CAR... IT'S SO CHEAP BECAUSE I NEED THE CAR TO BE REMOVED FROM THE LOCATION IT'S AT I RAN OUT OF TIME AN NEED IT TO BE GONE ASAP. NOW ON THE OTHER HAND I HAVE THE TITLE SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL AT 210-xxx-xxxx JAKE

ON THE PLUS SIDE IF YOU PERCHACE THIS CAR ALL YOU NEED IS $100 MORE TO HAVE IT RUNNING IF YOU ARE A MECHANIC.... BECAUSE THAT WILL COVER THE GASKETS AN OIL. SO BASICLLY ALL IT IS A SLAP ON DEAL....

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

No Troy -- that's a hard top (even with the T's). We'll bust your ass through the ceiling for a hard top

But a Roadster/Convertible? Bring it.

http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/40/21/1253921_1.jpg

A hard top is a sawzall away from a convertible.

Someone could sell off the T-tops for the necessary gaskets to fix the car.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Troy wrote:

A hard top is a sawzall away from a convertible.

Someone could sell off the T-tops for the necessary gaskets to fix the car.

Yeah we sold our TTOPS off our car for around 150 if I remember correctly and the rest of the interior for like 300+

Judge Jonny wrote:

An MR2 will win it one day.

REALLY?

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Bill Strong wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

REALLY?

At the 2032 Thunderhill, an MR2 is due

damn... 10 years ago I used one of those websites that asks you questions and then tells you when you will die. I still have it hanging in my office. It stated 2032. Could there be a relationship there? smile I win and then die from the excitement?

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

Or you could die crossing the finish line as the engine shoots parts through the firewall, the world implodes or whatever.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

I have to admit.....this "offer" is quite tempting....

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

I need to make some phone calls...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Judge Jonny wrote:
Troy wrote:

After winning with a Z: try the MR2 or SHO challenge.

Z? Never.

SHO... someone needs to drop the SHO's Yamaha dream engine into a ZX.

All problems solved -- get wrenching.

I have a complete spare SHO engine, 130K on it. Just fab up some motor mounts and a bellhousing adapter. What could possibly go wrong?

sergio wrote:

I have a complete spare SHO engine, 130K on it. Just fab up some motor mounts and a bellhousing adapter. What could possibly go wrong?

That would create an unreliability black hole that would consume the entire universe. I say do it!

Judge Jonny wrote:

But a Roadster/Convertible? Bring it.

http://images03.olx.com/ui/1/40/21/1253921_1.jpg

Like this one...hehehe

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/yetiult/IMG_1681.jpg

Perfect!

I've got a Z car, and this challenge is nigh on too great to resist..   I'm thinking 4age(mr2) powered Z. What could possibly go wrong?

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:

I've got a Z car, and this challenge is nigh on too great to resist..   I'm thinking 4age(mr2) powered Z. What could possibly go wrong?

Ask Trekkor about our feelings concerning cars with Evil Genius Stickers stuck to them