Topic: Way off topic: WTF moments

My year so far is a long sequence of WTF moments, and this is the best/worst so far:

I go to work to sign my furlough papers early yesterday, run a few errands, and come home to 3 cops and 3 fire fighters/paramedics.  And the rescue vehicle. In my driveway.  (It was great entertainment for the neighbors; I should've passed the hat.)

Evidently a home health nurse didn't check her paperwork close enough and thought there was a diabetic patient passed out in his house.  The problem is that she was 3 condos off.  The FD broke in my freaking front door, searched the joint and then the nurse goes "oh, this isn't the right one."  A liaison officer had one of the city maintenance guys come by to stabilize the door frame so it would lock, and the nursing agency sent a contractor to replace the door. And drywall.  And molding.  But they have to go search some more for the type of door I have, since it's a condo and they must be the same, or the world will stop spinning on its axis. So far he's having a hard time finding it. 

And just like when your mom told you to always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident, they just had to come in when the house was untidy.

So folks, should I start sacrificing virgins?  Bullocks?  Pigeons?  Offer up your WTF stories and ways to change your luck!

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench

Re: Way off topic: WTF moments

I've been told you can't fix stupid (not you, the other people).

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Dude, we race crappy cars.

There is no story that is not a WTF story.

Pray to the Almighty Gods of Malaise era Vehicles.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

*hrmph* I'm a dudette.

(At least I hope so, given the rack facing the screen!)

I shall erect an altar to those hallowed ones of autos past, with the license plate and driver's manual from my '63 Comet Station Wagon ("The Tuna Boat") prominently displayed.  'Tis all that's left after it was lost in battle with a caddy piloted by a little old lady.

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench