Topic: Anyone Get Good Pics/vids Of The Delorean Pace Car?

Hi im the owner and driver of the offiical Lemons Pace car at thunder hill,  if you got some good pictures or video of the sweet delorean going around please feel free to post them or a link or send them to me at vwdmc16@delorean.net  my camera was on the fritz. 

The delorean has been my dream car since i was 4 years old and i finally found this one that i could afford back in febuary, and since then ive poured many many hours into restoring it, last weekend was actually the first time ive ever driven it more than around the block!  and what better place to do a road test than at Thunderhill raceway?. thanks so much for all the positive support about it, even thought the BTTF and cocaine joke get annoying FAST! i still had a hell of a time leading you guys around the track and driving with you later in the porsche 928! oh and thank for not running in to her!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/vwdmc16/dmc/DSC_6503.jpg

cheers

-Clint of Evil Genius Racing

Re: Anyone Get Good Pics/vids Of The Delorean Pace Car?

That car looks much better on the track than it did stuck in our garage - nice job getting it back on the road Clint!

Probably the only car that didn't get hit that weekend.

secorp wrote:

That car looks much better on the track than it did stuck in our garage - nice job getting it back on the road Clint!

Peter!! i misssed you at the race how youve been???!!

Kickass.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

I got a couple photos of it parked in the Penalty Box, i'll post 'em when i get a chance, they're on the camera which is at my parents house.

I rode around Thunderhill in the passenger seat for five laps.

Just saying.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Very nice!

Anything 'happen' when you hit 88mph?

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Pretty sure the rules say absolutely no passengers.

You have to go write "Judges shall not ride in Deloreans" 100 times on yourself.

no i needed a radio man, thats different. lol  beisdes we wrote what 300 lovely sentences on our other car thanks to the #1 porsche driver fan, Judge Jonny

yeah yeah 88mph blag blah blah happens, but my speedo doesnt work so who knows

bump for updates??

12 (edited by Lemons 300ZX 2009-11-29 04:18 PM)

Disney wrote:

Probably the only car that didn't get hit that weekend.

Shouldn't even joke about that with a Delorean. sad

Dont think I could own one without trying to rig all the BTF stuff on it. big_smile

true, front left fender: $1500 if you can find one!!!  and the hood cost more!

ive thought about  a bttf conversion, and while it would be uber f*cking cool, it would slow the car more with the 300lbs of "accessories" and the attention the car gets would be doubled. Also the cost would be around $k to do a decent replica

There were very very few painted Deloreans made I've seen one in person dunno if the owner was bullshiting or trying to just cover up a wreck. Just didn't look right painted.

dealer painted yes, factory painted NO. i think some actually look ok with white or black, paint.

case in point, and i even like the photshopped rims:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/vwdmc16/1981deloreansmallnk4.jpg

That's a good ass photoshop. I can't tell. Yeah I saw a yellow one myself.

Lemons 300ZX wrote:

There were very very few painted Deloreans made I've seen one in person dunno if the owner was bullshiting or trying to just cover up a wreck. Just didn't look right painted.

You're right, they don't.  I saw a red one and it was really kind of disturbing.  I had to wash my eyes out for a while.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

how about a mirror polish look?

http://www.entermyworld.com/cat/custom/pf/pfcustomjune04r.jpg

http://www.entermyworld.com/cat/custom/pf/pfcustomjune04q.jpg