Topic: Petty Cash Captures '13 National Championship*

The *2013 Ultra4 Racing/King of the Hammers Stock/4600 Class National Champions is our 'other' race car, #4643!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/natchamp_zpsdc953b11.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/158.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/natlChamp3_zps1ff5a2b1.jpg

Our #431 Lemons Jeep is painted in homage to #4643 and will be at Sears Point for the season-ender, but sadly not #430.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/buttonwillow13_zps9a165896.jpg

We had an amazing year, at least on the off-road side. In other news, we'll be switching to Falken Tires on our off-road race Cherokee too. 

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Re: Petty Cash Captures '13 National Championship*

Wow, awesome!  Congrats!!

Congrats guys, that's fantastic!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Hell yeah!  I still love the exo-cage on the Jeep, that's some nice fab.  Nice hardware they gave you for the trophy, too.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Well done, that's awesome!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Sweet!! Good job guys.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

And all this time I thought Lemons competitors suck at driving...

Congrats!

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

$500 monster truck my ass!!!one!

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

Thanks guys, it was a magic season. We didn't finish lower than 2nd at any event, ran the whole series and came home with a bunch of trophies.

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

almitydave wrote:

$500 monster truck my ass!!!one!

We make no bones about this one costing more than $500 (though, the shell only cost $400). Add a couple zeros to the $500 and you'd be in the ball park, but with 4400-class/Unlimited Ultra4 cars now costing $250k+, we are the Lemons of King of the Hammers racing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixaZw3vG8Po

Ah crud. Now I gotta repaint my street driver cherokee to match again.... gonna cost me like $37 worth of farm tractor paint! What color yellow is that anyhow?
Congrats on winning! Hella tough event.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

SeldomSeen wrote:

Ah crud. Now I gotta repaint my street driver cherokee to match again.... gonna cost me like $37 worth of farm tractor paint! What color yellow is that anyhow?
Congrats on winning! Hella tough event.

Thanks, Aaron.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Totally Rad

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

Thanks everybody. We're tearing down #4643 and building some new, wider axles (thanks to perennial Petty Cash sponsors, Yukon Gear and Axle) that will allow us to lower the Jeep a little and make it more stable for the 2014 season. New 4.9 stroker motor is in the works, too.

Tell me more about this stroker motor? I think this is a good idea for my Rambler.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cdickman12 wrote:

Tell me more about this stroker motor? I think this is a good idea for my Rambler.

Sure, you got $10k laying around? big_smile

It's not quite that bad, but a basic 4.0-liter based stroker costs $3k and up...way up.

-Matt

TeamPettyCash wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Sure, you got $10k laying around? big_smile

It's not quite that bad, but a basic 4.0-liter based stroker costs $3k and up...way up.

-Matt

Yeah, I searched the interwebs after I posted this and soon realized that it was way outside of the Lemons budget sad

Is a smidge easier when the sponsors pony up for the goodies! Thank god cause that's how the gig works! Still, when the ol rambler motor dies just get a good 4.0 an swap it in....itll go like hell! Matt did real good with em till he swapped  for the LS motor...

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Congrats, Matt.  That is fantastic!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1