Topic: Is Reno-Fernley Happening?????

I just checked the Reno-Fernley website and noticed "11/11/2009 - Road Course Closed Indefinitety."

Does anybody have more information? Hopefully Jay knows something their website doesn't!

Re: Is Reno-Fernley Happening?????

I know there has been some discussion about this already.
I sure hope they find a way to generate income to stay afloat.
Super fun track to drive.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

It doesn't look good....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Drat!  I like that track and was really looking forward to the true 24 there.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

We talked about this a while back and they "assured" us that the closure was only for the winter season.  I didn't read it that way though.  To me, it looked like they are hurting for money and that is NEVER a good thing.

Even though I am a few thousand miles away, I hate seeing any track struggle.  Hopefully they will be back in action next spring.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

We'll just move the race over to the Fernley Roundabout if the track closes. Don't get dizzy!

Couldn't help myself.  We may need a new theme for the supra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlExcayU … re=related

I heard rumors of this last year and they had closed portions of the complex down already since the 09 race guess they finally had to throw in the towel.

Maybe Jay should buy RF and establish a new Lemons world headquarters and training facilities.

I'd attend 2-4 races at Fernley without a second thought!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

Maybe Jay should buy RF and establish a new Lemons world headquarters and training facilities.

KT

+1  I am sure Jay can afford it with the success of the series.  San Francisco Region of SCCA owns Thunderhill.  Why shouldn't Lemons own RFR?

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

trekkor wrote:

KT

Jay was considering buying Chrysler, so we could have unlimited Sebrings for the 12 Hours Of Sebrings race, but didn't want to move to Michigan.

MurileeMartin wrote:
trekkor wrote:

KT

Jay was considering buying Chrysler, so we could have unlimited Sebrings for the 12 Hours Of Sebrings race, but didn't want to move to Michigan.

Buying Pontiac would have being more fitting.  Unlimited LeMa(o)ns'.