1 (edited by Speedycop 2013-11-17 08:20 PM)

Topic: Philippines relief effort

Want to donate to the Philippines relief effort, but not sure where your tax-deductible donation will make the most difference? My brother Sam Bloch has led an international relief organization for many years, living abroad in disaster zones since 2004. He responded to Thailand after the tsunami, Peru after the 8.0 quake leveled the suburbs of Pisco, and he's been in Haiti working tirelessly since their earthquake in 2010. Now he's heading to the Philippines to begin that massive relief effort, and he needs our help.

If you can go as a volunteer and put boots on the ground, contact him through FB: https://www.facebook.com/sam.block.332? … ion=stream
If not, you can help by making a donation to pay for this effort. He and his team seek out the hardest hit areas, and do not ever charge one cent for their vital disaster relief services. They build homes, set up water filtration systems to provide a steady supply of potable water, and distribute meals and medical supplies. He is making his Philippine travel plans right now, but needs funds to begin this effort.

Use the link to donate---it says Haiti Communitere, but that's just the name of his current relief effort. Put "Philippines" in the note section, and every penny of your donation will go to this vital need. He runs the most frugal, reliable, and dedicated volunteer relief organization I've ever seen. His relief resume is incredible---he's well known in disaster relief circles around the world. He even gave a TED Talk recently. Give whatever you can afford---these people are in desperate circumstances, and have dire needs. You WILL be glad you did.

http://www.haiti.communitere.org/donate

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT