26 (edited by VKZ24 2009-12-08 05:36 AM)

Re: We R in! Southern discomfort!

jasbur1 wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
scrowner wrote:

huh? Garage? What are you talking about?

They are actually more of a shelter, but they have a concrete floor, lights, and power.  Well worth the money in my opinion.

We got #8.

We are in garage space #2.  Look us up when you get there.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Disney wrote:

We got #grass and sand.

I hope our fire ant friends are still there.

bob-e wrote:
Disney wrote:

We got #grass and sand.

I hope our fire ant friends are still there.

Nahhh, you won't see 'em in February

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

sergio wrote:
RobL wrote:
scrowner wrote:

huh? Garage? What are you talking about?

For those of us who don't like to lay on the ground while changing oil or trying to find that crank key that your teammate dropped in the grass.

You can do like the WRC guys do, spread a tarp on the ground, drive the car on it. No more looking for dropped stuff in the grass/dirt etc.

Or like the Snoopy van at NL and jack it up and throw a 4x8 plywood under it come on guys and man up! Its all just nuts and bolts.

It Ain't My Fault

At NL, we tore the entire rear suspension and driveline out of our Z (twice) while working on our trailer.  It was much better than laying in the mud and provided a safe, solid position for jackstands.  We even had the easy-up straddling the trailer so we didn't get rained on.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/Lemons/Latenightaxleswap.jpg

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff, that's a great shot...kinda encompasses nightime at a Lemons race...except for the crazy folks trying to fix the car :-)

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

Jeff G 78 wrote:

At NL, we tore the entire rear suspension and driveline out of our Z (twice) while working on our trailer.  It was much better than laying in the mud and provided a safe, solid position for jackstands.  We even had the easy-up straddling the trailer so we didn't get rained on.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/ … leswap.jpg

i especially like the circa 1972 Toter-Home parked next door.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:
Jeff G 78 wrote:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/ … leswap.jpg

i especially like the circa 1972 Toter-Home parked next door.

Yeah...  That's the last time we use that POS trailer.  My teammate bought it along with an E350 a few years ago for $3000.  He CFC'd the van and decided to get one last use out of the trailer at NL.  The furnace wouldn't light, the awning ripped away from the body at 3am with a huge bang, scaring the shit out of me, and the door wouldn't stay closed.  When we surveyed the damage from the awning departing, we found a large section of siding missing.  Yep, she's a real beaut!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/jeffg78/Lemons/DSC_0300.jpg

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Hey i just found out about this type of racing  like 2 days ago and i really getting into it and i am from NC so i am planing on heading down to this event in FEB.  I have help build dirt cars in the past so i know alot about racing and so on and i wouldn't mind helping any one if they are in need of help.  I will be there saturday and sunday and i was also wondering is there anything i might need to know be for i go to one of these events and how do i go about getting passes and all?

Thank you
Dan

35 (edited by Waterboyrrh 2009-12-17 08:01 AM)

So where can i go with just the $30 pass and what all more do u get with the $75 pass and do i have to get that pass before i head down and all.

Waterboyrrh wrote:

So where can i go with just the $30 pass and what all more do u get with the $75 pass and do i have to get that pass before i head down and all.

$30 paid at the gate and you are a spectator.  nothing else.  you will have access to the pit areas and spectating areas.  you are not allowed to help work on anyones car.

$75 is paid to Lemons.  not sure how that works for a walk on.  i would suggest you advertise your info on the personnel forum and maybe someone will sign you on as a crew member.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

37 (edited by Broke Neck 2009-12-20 02:47 AM)

Whats going on fellers .... had to create a new name due to the fact we are no longer the SR71 Miata anymore sad   

BlackSheep1 wrote:

I must have called right after you.  We are in 5 and 6,  (Black Sheep Racing and Skool BoyZ Racing.)

So your down for some beer pong challenge. We had real cool neighbors in April (MR2 guys and Schumacher Taxi guys .... i think yall are all the same team right?) 

Hopefully yall will enjoy bacon wrapped cookie dough like our last neighbors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzOKD-XJtI

RobL wrote:
IcantDo55 wrote:

Got garage #4 booked.  that was well worth the $$$ last time.  I hear there going fast, get them while you can.

We're in 19 and 20.  Bringing any good magazines to read this time.

That was the best $11 investment of that weekend. Thursday night when we pulled in and set up camp the guard came over in his truck and borrowed it for a little while, took it and shared with another one of the CMP Staff guys. Made his night!

Between that and having the teams recite from the articles on video ..... priceless.

Buzz Killington wrote:

i'm going to miss bacon-wrapped cookies off the grill?  damnit..

Feel free to use the recipe!  Its not the same at home as it is at 3am in a open garage with a bunch of random drunk strangers tho. Will yall be making any races this year?

Waterboyrrh wrote:

Hey i just found out about this type of racing  like 2 days ago and i really getting into it and i am from NC so i am planing on heading down to this event in FEB.  I have help build dirt cars in the past so i know alot about racing and so on and i wouldn't mind helping any one if they are in need of help. 

Thank you
Dan

Feel free to stop on by garage space number 4 and have a beer with us (JunkWorks Racing), play a game of beer pong or eat some bacon and cookie dough .... it will be a test if your a true fat guy or not.

I cant wait till Feb!!!

JunkWorks
e-30ata

Broke Neck wrote:
Buzz Killington wrote:

i'm going to miss bacon-wrapped cookies off the grill?  damnit..

Feel free to use the recipe!  Its not the same at home as it is at 3am in a open garage with a bunch of random drunk strangers tho. Will yall be making any races this year?

yep.  i'm on RobL's team, and as it turns out, i will be at CMP in Feb.  see you guys there.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Mike-you drivin the 2?  Glad you're going!!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

yep.  case settled.  w00t!

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

R&R Racing is in.

We are busy finishing our piece of crap Honda now.  The motor is still an issue since we don't have a running motor yet!  Any tips from anyone?  This is our first attempt.

R&R wrote:

R&R Racing is in.

We are busy finishing our piece of crap Honda now.  The motor is still an issue since we don't have a running motor yet!  Any tips from anyone?  This is our first attempt.

i'm pretty sure ya'll gonna need a motor. smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

R&R wrote:

R&R Racing is in.

There are alot of Hondas out there, which one in particular?

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

My team is racing at CMP....but I will be in India. Is there any word about someone doing a broadcast of this race via a net connection? Anyone doing a live update through a blog?

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

We solved our motor problem.  Took a short block out of a totaled car.  Crash was so bad it busted heads on the motor and we had to sawall the car almost in half to get at the motor.  We're up and running with a set of 1991 heads and a 1994 block.  Seems to run OK even if they are different engine models.  Looking forward to the fun!

Cant wait ....

Sat. night there is a UFC fight on PPV, I was going to buy it on the internet .... does anyone have a projector they could bring and we could shoot it onto the wall in the garage for everone to see?

JunkWorks
e-30ata

We always bring a projector to show old car movies. Might could use it for that...

I'm bringing my 40" flat-screen and all 14 seasons of Top Gear.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Ronman, You'll LOVE our theme for this race then! We're Team Top Gear, and the car is decked out like the Britcar BMW they built. Priceless!!!  We'll hunt you down to watch that episode, I'll bring the beers!

Complete with rookie marker?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.