1 (edited by rharris19 2009-12-03 08:41 PM)

Topic: Hammering out theme for houston

Lats year we had the Top Gun Miata and we could use that again, but may try something new.  We have pretty much all of our budget left from the $500 after we sold everything off of the car, so we are thinking of putting that toward a new design. 

One of the ideas being thrown around is trying to make a really crappy version of this with our 94 Miata.
http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/retroforza-italia/#4

What do you guys think?  I work at a fiberglass shop and the guys there said they would love to help me after work on my "crap car".

Namco Racing #48 Miata

Re: Hammering out theme for houston

Awesome.

I've been trying to come up some interesting ways to rebody a Miata. 

I was thinking Ferrari GTO would be cool.

I'd like to try and make a fast back.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

This follows the lines enough to where it wouldn't be that bad.  I think it would be cool to actually make this look good.  We will see how this goes.  If I decide we have the time to do it over the next two months, this may be it.

Namco Racing #48 Miata

You should think bigger, that's so close that it's not much of a challenge. Think about the Speed Racer car, that was amusing. The Miata Cadillac at Reno last year, that was interesting too. If you're going to go, go big!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/11/500x_mysteryyellowcar-500px.jpg

I think you should make it look like a Matra M530, if you've got guys willing to help with serious fiberglass work.

Make it look like an E30 and really send the judges into a tizzy.

2008  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - DarthBimmer; 2009 Houston Gator-O-Rama - Beermer; 2009  Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas - Jewish Defense League BMW; 2010 Houston Gator-O-Rama - SwampJews from Hell; 2010 Houston Yee-Haw Texas - JDL - JEGS....errrr JEWS; 2011 Houston Gator-O-Rama - B Team - IOE Winner!; 2011 Houston Yee-Haw - Los Escorpions de Munich; 2012 TWS Yee-Haw Texas - B-Team - Dr. StrangeBenz

Skid McSpinout wrote:

Make it look like an E30 and really send the judges into a tizzy.

That was an idea we threw around as well.  Bring a car that incorporates the two most hated cars on the circuit.  It could be its own little Axis Power-mobile.  If it breaks, then it fits for Italy as well.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."