Topic: Is there room for the Phoenix race?

I realize it's well past the entry deadline, but I noticed the entry list seems short.  Did it not fill up?

Re: Is there room for the Phoenix race?

The Phoenix race is not full--pretty typical for the first event in a new region. We're putting on the show either way, so if you want to get a team together, just shoot me an email: nick@24hoursoflemons.com

In a broader sense, you can ALWAYS apply late to any race, and your application will be considered case-by-case. If there's room, you can run.

Firedbird West is a good circuit...hope more show!

It looks very slow and tight? Short track. Is that correct?

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Yeah, getting into a race the first time Lemons comes to a new track is pretty fun, because it's so uncrowded on the track compared to subsequent events.

It's pretty tight but it's got some giddyup.  The back straight is downhill followed by a fairly tight left-hander.  I'd stock up on pads.

Wow.  The Firebird facilities look awesome. 
But a 1.1 mile track?  Since we just came from a 3 mile at TH, it sure seems short.
Time to gear down.  Oh wait, I'm thinkin like motorcycle racing and sprocket set-ups.
Does the MetroGnome still have sprocket and chain?  Looks like a small car track.

8 (edited by magnusracing 2009-12-10 04:43 PM)

Yes, looks like an ideal track for the small light weight cars! Nevertheless we will do our worst with our V-12 Jaguar! This will just be practice / warm up for the Infineon event which we will certainly win. wink

magnusracing wrote:

Yes, looks like an ideal track for the small light weight cars! Nevertheless we will do our worst with our V-12 Jaguar! This will just be practice / warm up for the Infineon event which we will certainly win. wink

Since the real winner gets the Index of Effluency, you have a real shot. Keep that thing running all weekend and you might as well start measuring garage space for the IOE trophy.

10 (edited by magnusracing 2009-12-11 10:34 AM)

MurileeMartin wrote:

Since the real winner gets the Index of Effluency, you have a real shot.

I'm insulted! How can you suggest that our Jaguar - the elegant pinnacle of British Engineering - is some kind of unsavory peasant-mobile. We will win the proper way - by tromping the competition in fierce on track combat!

BushWacker wrote:

Wow.  The Firebird facilities look awesome. 
But a 1.1 mile track?  Since we just came from a 3 mile at TH, it sure seems short.

Pfft, n00bs. Back in my day, we only had Altamont which was about a mile and we LIKED IT! *shakes fist*

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

I'd like to think of Firebird West as the Limerock Park of the desert.  It bears no resemblance at all but it makes me feel better thinking about it like that.

Watch out Team Underground is bringing out all the bad boys for this race! We now have a Baja Legend who has won more Baja 500 and 1000 than just about anyone, Larry Ragland coming out of retirement just for this Lemons race! His son and offroad racer Chad Ragland is also joining us for this race.

Its time for a Z to win!!! Team Underground FTMFW!!!

Fish wrote:

Watch out Team Underground is bringing out all the bad boys for this race! We now have a Baja Legend who has won more Baja 500 and 1000 than just about anyone, Larry Ragland coming out of retirement just for this Lemons race! His son and offroad racer Chad Ragland is also joining us for this race.

Do they know that this is an "on-road" race? 

Does anyone know of any good racing videos from this track?  I wanna study up and haven't found anything decent yet.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

wrappedinbacon wrote:
Fish wrote:

Does anyone know of any good racing videos from this track?  I wanna study up and haven't found anything decent yet.

Well half the time there are cars not "on-road" at Lemons races lol. Its cool that all these offroad guys are coming out and having a blast at Lemons!

wrappedinbacon wrote:
Fish wrote:

There are some decent vids on youtube.  An especially entertaining one of a 914T/916 losing it in T1 after the sweeper... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsxVcjpQ80E

That one's not bad, secretagent, but it doesn't give a much of a walk around the track. I do now know to watch out for hay bales, though.

Here's a better one if you don't mind it seeming as though they want you to go to Target afterwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUbFNtxGYAA&NR=1

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing

That sure is a flat track.

Well, at least we won't be worrying about blind hills.  Or any hills.  Low HP FTW!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing

Thanks for the video.

It looks a little tight for our 116 inch wheelbase Oldsmobile.......  We may have to do some three point turns.  Lukily she has 70's detroit power steering!

Mike
Team 4 Door Flyin Fortress
" it was a potent, high-flying, long-ranging bomber capable of unleashing great destruction, able to defend itself, and having the ability to return home despite extensive battle damage."

It's actually not as flat as she seems in person.  Oh man, an Olds...cut those springs and make it happen smile.  What are you bringing...a Brougham?

Respect the olds,  It is a Regency 98 Brougham with red Corinthian leather!

Working on our new whip. Hopefully its ready in time.

Deathmobile

I count 30 cars for this Phoenix race, is that right?
Seems a bit light.

joedudes wrote:

I count 30 cars for this Phoenix race, is that right?
Seems a bit light.

This should be interesting

Deathmobile