Re: ebay coilovers = penalty laps?

You ever get the feeling that you never should have commented at all?  Or do you feel you have succeeded in doing something beneficial for you and your team?  Just curious.

We recently purchased the car that we're going to be entering and, hopefully, racing in three events in 2010. It's got 225K miles and currently doesn't run more than 2 minutes without everheating and we still don't know if the head gasket is blown/warped/etc., either. Because of this, along with some other issues (the CL ad for the car said it had good tires ... 3 of the four were balding, studded snow tires .. in TX!) and my ability to speak Spanish (a HUGE asset when buying a car of off CL in DFW), we got the car for pretty good deal.

Having said that, if we can get it to run, and there's no major engine damage done from being driven while overheating (plus anything else we find .. we've basically only driven it onto a trailer at this point) then we'll go ahead and get it prepped and ready to go.

1) After selling off some parts, did we end up paying $500 for the car? - Yes
2) Are we worried about the BS inspections? - Not really
3) Will we get a few BS laps? - Maybe
4) Will I bring some of Rahr & Sons finest brew and some Tito's Handmade Vodka as a bribe? - Yes, just in case
5) Does any of this matter? - No, b/c I'm not entering to win $1500 in nickels.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

bob-e wrote:

You ever get the feeling that you never should have commented at all?  Or do you feel you have succeeded in doing something beneficial for you and your team?  Just curious.

Yup, never should have commented, but since the team is no more I post cuzz this is a forum and for future entrants to understand how bs laps work - realize it is up to the judges, they trump all, the rules are guidelines and the judges are the final word, period.

ifb_mole wrote:

I understand now that just because you get a car for $500 and it has some after market parts on it, that does NOT mean you won't get BS laps, even with paperwork.

Mole, you really don't understand.

All the paperwork in the world will not provide the immeasurable value of the right attitude during BS.

You can get through BS with aftermarket suspension parts and no penalty laps.

Next time, calm down have a good time. 

So you got a good deal, share some of your good fortune in the way of some cool refreshments for the Judges. 

It might go better for you in the future if you quit pissing them off in the forum.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

So since you don't have anything left on the line, you're gonna troll a forum about a racing organization with no hard and fast rules about the rules?  Please, think about this for a bit.

Troy wrote:
ifb_mole wrote:

I understand now that just because you get a car for $500 and it has some after market parts on it, that does NOT mean you won't get BS laps, even with paperwork.

Mole, you really don't understand.

All the paperwork in the world will not provide the immeasurable value of the right attitude during BS.

You can get through BS with aftermarket suspension parts and no penalty laps.

Next time, calm down have a good time. 

So you got a good deal, share some of your good fortune in the way of some cool refreshments for the Judges. 

It might go better for you in the future if you quit pissing them off in the forum.

good advise -agreed