Topic: British car teams: who's willing to offer Top Gear a seat?

I think I am going to put together a snail-mail letter to the BBC, promising that I will find A&D seats in British cars for Clarkson, Hammond, and May at a Lemons race. I will include photos of cars. It will have no effect, I'm pretty sure, but it's worth a try.

So, which of you are willing to let one of those guys have a stint in your British Lemons cars at a race this year? If I can find three at one venue, I'll have all I need.

Re: British car teams: who's willing to offer Top Gear a seat?

Well, that would be a hoot.  Isn't that kinda like oil and water tho - Top Gear and Lemons in the same breath?  I know, I know, a snarky comment.  I'm building a '74 Jensen Healey Lemons car right now, hoping to have it ready for Thunderhill.  The running gear is together and it will go out for a cage in the next few weeks.  No theme yet; thinking of Austin Powers paint with a Mini-Me in the passenger seat, or some flat black Prince of Darkness thing.  It'll be fast but, as you already know, it will be a special day when it actually finishes.

You actually gonna let those guys *drive*?

Flats,
Old Crows

Dr. Evil
Old Crows Racing & Willson Motorsports
'96 Mustang # 171 (almost an "also mentioned" in B Class), 18 time loser
'73 Jensen Healey #907 (cuz we're idiots, right?) 4 time loser

Well, crazy mike has my Imp but it runs and I've all the bits to repair the holed peppier engine.  The SD1 you will see in a month and I have the XJ12.  Talked to a jag guy tonight who thinks he knows whats wrong with it.  Between me, Spank and Pete, one would think we can supply enough cars.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Sure, I'll offer one.

I expect to have the second Super Snipe ready for Buttonwillow.
Of course, it won't be any better than the first one, so be sure to
set their expectations right.   Yes, it will wallow like a drunken
hippopotamus and have the top speed of an arthritic snail.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Can you guys email me photos of the British Lemons cars under construction now?

Can't get more British than an EP3 Honda like the Janis Joplin Civic.

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

I've got an '85 XJS that wants to race, we haven't started the build yet but if Clarkson wants to drive it ....and surely it would be Clarkson in this one yeah?...  I'll get on it asap!

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

Mini and a LandCrap at your service

Could put the Rally LeMonte Python Theme back on the Mini for that extra Britishness

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

A Harley powered Prius seems much more Clarkson's style.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

10 (edited by tr6driver 2014-04-22 09:03 AM)

Sorry, but no, I'm  NOT willing to turn them loose with the Marina.  Despite the fact that I'd love to.  The parts that we could have used that they've destroyed over the years alone prohibits me from doing that.

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

I think this is Spanks old fleet  for sure!

I think an American Cadillac , a LemonLimo or a corvette body on a Honda would be Awesome for them too!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

12 (edited by TheEngineer 2014-04-22 10:19 AM)

My god this would be awesome. In the off chance it happens who needs pit crew support? I'm more than willing to fly to whatever race and just be pit crew for the weekend. I have a lengthy resume in track side repairs and thrashing.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I think american iron is a better theme... like 4x4 iron. Perhaps a few Jeeps. Cherokee, Comanche... and we'll find a 3rd if necessary.

Team Border Patrol, Houston TX
'97 Cherokee - Organizer's Choice TWS '12; Class B Champions ECR '14
'89 Comanche - Class C Champions ECR '13

Have any of you other than tr6driver actually SEEN the show??? yikes

I think it should be a Neon, a Pinto, and a Santa Fe to honor explorers that ventured west across the great ocean.

Put them in the Passat!.........they wouldn't have to fabricate mayhem and malfunction.......it's already been done for them!

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

tr6driver wrote:

Sorry, but no, I'm  NOT willing to turn them loose with the Marina.  Despite the fact that I'd love to.  The parts that we could have used that they've destroyed over the years alone prohibits me from doing that.

THey should drive the marina they should have to put together a car to race against it and fell eternal shame as they lose to the Marina.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Judge Phil wrote:

I think I am going to put together a snail-mail letter to the BBC, promising that I will find A&D seats in British cars for Clarkson, Hammond, and May at a Lemons race. I will include photos of cars. It will have no effect, I'm pretty sure, but it's worth a try.

So, which of you are willing to let one of those guys have a stint in your British Lemons cars at a race this year? If I can find three at one venue, I'll have all I need.

You're going about this all wrong.  Hammond needs a British car, May needs a Volvo, and Clarkson needs a proper Alfa Romeo.  We happen to have his favorite, a Milano.

If they're just looking for a stint or two, we would volunteer a seat in our Milano.

bs

Since Hammond has a history with the S Coupé, he is welcome to have another go in mine….

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

BoB wrote:
tr6driver wrote:

THey should drive the marina they should have to put together a car to race against it and fell eternal shame as they lose to the Marina.

Now, beating them soundly with the Marina I COULD get into!!!

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

I'd let them form their own team in one car that they borrow. The Stig can be their 4th driver.

The Janis Joplin Civic will be available. Built in Swindon!

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

please let me know which race, so I can start planning to bring a french car to beat them with

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tr6driver wrote:
BoB wrote:
tr6driver wrote:

Now, beating them soundly with the Marina I COULD get into!!!

You should get them into the Imp then.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

If they wanna do an east coast race, I would loan them 3 of mine. UDC, Accordion, and Continental maybe. I don't think I'd wanna risk the plane, unless they were willing to pay handsomely for it if it's destroyed.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

What's the price for destroying the airplane?

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

Speedycop wrote:

If they wanna do an east coast race, I would loan them 3 of mine. UDC, Accordion, and Continental maybe. I don't think I'd wanna risk the plane, unless they were willing to pay handsomely for it if it's destroyed.

Come on, James May has a pilots license. And he drives very cautiously...

(Who am I kidding, I don't think I could bear to lose the plane either!)

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)