51 (edited by chaase 2014-05-14 01:52 PM)

Re: British car teams: who's willing to offer Top Gear a seat?

The Rover is obviously ready if they can do an East Coast race. You have plenty of pictures of it from its debut.  We can always drag out the BMW 2800 if we need two vehicles for that race. We would just need some notice since the BMW has a cracked head.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

The Rover is obviously ready if they can do an East Coast race. We can always drag out the BMW 2800 if we need two vehicles for that race. We would just need some notice since the BMW has a cracked head.

Rover vs. Cortina rematch! Once we both stop overheating long enough

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

53 (edited by chaase 2014-05-14 01:57 PM)

WarpdSpazm wrote:
chaase wrote:

The Rover is obviously ready if they can do an East Coast race. We can always drag out the BMW 2800 if we need two vehicles for that race. We would just need some notice since the BMW has a cracked head.

Rover vs. Cortina rematch! Once we both stop overheating long enough

LOL

Your engine and our brakes! What do you expect from two British cars?

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

If we're really looking for a battle of the craptastic I've got an american car that can be used on the east coast.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

chaase wrote:

The Rover ..... the BMW 2800.....

TheEngineer wrote:

..an american car..

I'll throw in an Italian car ('71 Fiat) for next year's East Coast races (this year is too tight on timeline and budget, but I'll try) and we're almost re-creating WWII.  Any team willing to find a field a Lada or Gaz for the Russian front?

Jonathan wrote:
chaase wrote:

The Rover ..... the BMW 2800.....

TheEngineer wrote:

..an american car..

I'll throw in an Italian car ('71 Fiat) for next year's East Coast races (this year is too tight on timeline and budget, but I'll try) and we're almost re-creating WWII.  Any team willing to find a field a Lada or Gaz for the Russian front?

Weird, I was just mentioning Rory Carroll's Lada Lemons car that's been sitting in Detroit for the last four years. He wants to race it again, but Phil said last year he would consider selling it to someone who would put it back on the track.

Thread:

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=22636

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

This would be awesome....if its an east coast race I'll def find a way to be there.  Looks like I better get to work fixing the Cortina.

This is a job for the Red White and Blue Whorenet, and maybe the mercedes.
  https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1098434_10201985780112155_1178284858_n.jpg

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

So where does a car with Japanese built drive train assembled in the US with the badging/theme of a car with a German built drive train assembled in England fit into this WWII analogy?

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/988391_374237946047914_1588462388_n.jpg

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

racerxr wrote:

So where does a car with Japanese built drive train assembled in the US with the badging/theme of a car with a German built drive train assembled in England fit into this WWII analogy?

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/988391_374237946047914_1588462388_n.jpg

Belgium.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Major topic revival, but how about having them come to the States, find a car for Lemons money, and then race it? I mean, they brought a home-modified 11K-quid diesel BMW to a Britcar race. Let's see what the Top Gear Technology Centre is capable of!

Just don't tell them about the budget loopholes. I want to see Clarkson lose his poo over some of the stuff that's loopholed in.

I really think you should promise them British cars but give them French cars instead :-).

I would gladly give Clarkson my seat in the Aston Martin, but he would rack up all the black flags in the first turn

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I'd like to see the Stig in the Bee.

Talk about an ass whoopin...,

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.