Topic: Vaughn Gitten Jr. explains how I personally ruined his team's weekend

He calls me an "irrational powertripper."

To which I say, "Duh."

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/12 … emons.aspx

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Re: Vaughn Gitten Jr. explains how I personally ruined his team's weekend

....but what a glorious shot of our caddy...lol

These were the guys that wouldn't give me the video they shot of the Starsky & The Bandit team doing the best Ghost Ride The Whip of the entire weekend, because they said Jay behaved "like a mall cop" with them. What, wouldn't let them smoke in the food court?

I don't know about any of the interactions between this team and the Judges/Jay. I chatted with them before the race and they were totally cool. Too bad they got...er...sideways over the course of the weekend. Ultimately, though, cram that many dudes into a racetrack for an event, and someone's going to be bummed for some reason or another. No hard feelings.

MurileeMartin wrote:

These were the guys that wouldn't give me the video they shot of the Starsky & The Bandit team doing the best Ghost Ride The Whip of the entire weekend, because they said Jay behaved "like a mall cop" with them. What, wouldn't let them smoke in the food court?

We totally wouldn't let them smoke in the food court.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Ron Burgundy would never whine like that. Too bad that he didn't get beaten by a Lemons version of Veronica Corningstone. Whammy!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

You'd think these dudes would have established a warm comradely bond with the Lemons Supreme Court, given how much time they spent with us.

Well, I think it was when I told the one dude to go up into the tower and watch timing and scoring for 30 minutes and he responded with, "I'd rather put the car on the trailer and go home" and then I took his wristband and asked for all his teammates' wrist bands that they soured on the whole Lemons thing.

Thus illustrating the difference bertween drifters and, say, Tommy Kendall.

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

stay classy team whoever you were

11 (edited by Evil Genius 2009-12-11 02:18 PM)

Hey, I'm an 'irrational powertripper ' too.  Don't leave me out on the action!   This was one of the teams that got to the  "oh, its these guys again" stage in the penalty box...     And that's bad...       When Jay, Johny, Phil or I say that about your team, the sun that shines in your life gets a little dimmer....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

He also said: "I originally didn't want to help promote the event by putting a story about it on one of the sweetest sites online."

I have never heard of Speedhunters.  Maybe they are really in pursuit of some other form of Speed which has affected their judgement.

Then he refers to Lemons staff as 'power-tripping personnel."

If they are such big interweb Autobloggers, maybe they should have checked out some of you guys material and coverage.

Look on the bright side, they can go drive like dip shits at Chump and bust out their checkbooks to pay the fines for crappy driving.  Maybe Chump should put dollar signs on the barriers. 

I am sure they will love chicanes too since Lemons cramps their style so much.

Looks to me like a published self-admission of whinery.  No need to check with friends or family.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

How many times did these boys get flagged?

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

the head wrote:

How many times did these boys get flagged?

you'd think the article would have mentioned that.

I forget the exact count, but know for certain they had four passing under yellows in a row on Sunday in a few hours.

It is a embarrassment to San Diego. Strip that car of it"s logo you frigging whiner wannabe dip shits.

Pendejo wrote:

It is a embarrassment to San Diego. Strip that car of it"s logo you frigging whiner wannabe dip shits.

P-Riv is the man.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

:-/

who was driving for 4 in a row caution flag things?

were they drifting often?  if so thats kinda...dumb :-/

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

4? Who was driving, Stevie Wonder?

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Judge Jonny wrote:

He calls me an "irrational powertripper."

I was dumbfounded by Judge Jonny's rationale at Lamest Day:

Me: It was a real light hit, just incidental contact.

JJ: Now why would that guy want to hit you?

Me: No, I hit him.

JJ: (nods head and smiles)

Me: Penalty box is over there right?

I'm confused.  I had never heard of Mr. Gittin until I sold him a t-shirt at Thunderhill, and yet his website refers to him as a "drifting rockstar" and "one of drifting's most iconic figures."

Clearly, I've been living under the proverbial rock.  It appears I have two choices:
1) Start paying more attention to Drifting and less to Lemons.
2) Dismiss Mr. Gittin as a spoiled whiner who thinks he's entitled to drive like a maniac on a track with 155 other cars because his daddy let him start racing go-carts when he was four.

For what it's worth, I thought the Channel 4 News Team theme was great, and I hope to see the team at future Lemons events.  I just hope they can live up to their "stay classy" mantra and leave their attitude at home.

Armand4 wrote:

I'm confused.  I had never heard of Mr. Gittin until I sold him a t-shirt at Thunderhill, and yet his website refers to him as a "drifting rockstar" and "one of drifting's most iconic figures."

Clearly, I've been living under the proverbial rock.  It appears I have two choices:
1) Start paying more attention to Drifting and less to Lemons.
2) Dismiss Mr. Gittin as a spoiled whiner who thinks he's entitled to drive like a maniac on a track with 155 other cars because his daddy let him start racing go-carts when he was four.

For what it's worth, I thought the Channel 4 News Team theme was great, and I hope to see the team at future Lemons events.  I just hope they can live up to their "stay classy" mantra and leave their attitude at home.

You won't be seeing them at future events. One of the guys on the team was really nice (actually, Gitten Jr. was really nice, too).

Anyhow, the nice guy talked to me when they were leaving and said that he had a blast but the other two felt that we were out to get them (as if we care that much!) and they won't be coming back.

some guy on the drift site wrote:

"The judges at CMP were way off base too.  Black flagging several for 'four wheels off' when they were either advoiding a wreck, breaking down with loss of power and getting out of the way safely, or after being involved in contact when the other party was at fault.  Jay is cool, but the judges are old and tired.  They've been doing this long enough, time for a change. 

Granted, alot of times the judges go by what is told them by the corner workers, but they should at least hear both sides of the story.  One chubby judge always complains about 'too many black flags'....  Hey, here is a thought...ALLOW A LITTLE INCIDENTIAL CONTACT!

Here's the thing: Both Judges are chubby and always complaining about the fact that there are two many black flags. So which one was it?

23 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-12-12 12:40 PM)

some guy on the drift site wrote:

Jay is cool, but the judges are old and tired.

You're way better off with me and/or Jonny than Jay when you show up in the Penalty Box. Unfair, cruel, and arbitrarily harsh as we may be, we're the bleeding-heart liberals of the Lemons Justice System, next to Jay "Get That Heap On The Fucking Trailer" Lamm. Remember, his ass is the one that gets sued if your aggressive, "incidental contact"-prone driving puts someone in the hospital.

As for how we oughta "hear both sides of the story"... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (pause for breath) ha ha ha ha HA hahahahahaahahhahaaa!

MurileeMartin wrote:

As for how we oughta "hear both sides of the story"... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (pause for breath) ha ha ha ha HA hahahahahaahahhahaaa!

I would just like to add: ha ha ah ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahaha1!!!

Looking forward to meeting  you crazy fuckers in South Carolina.