Re: Vaughn Gitten Jr. explains how I personally ruined his team's weekend

jmitch wrote:

Looking forward to meeting  you crazy fuckers in South Carolina.

Bring a good attitude and good beer or cash.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

...... and not an SVX.

I can understand a guy complaining about incidental contact,...but.... complaining that they are in trouble for missing FLAGs. as in FLAGssss, multiple, that I don't get. If I make a little contact I am probably just havin' some fun, if I make incidental contact a lot, I am a nuisance and in trouble,  but if I started missin' flags I need to be sent to nappy time.

My first time at a Lemons race was the toughest attitude adjustment.  My short classroom session to all first timers would be " Accept whatever happens as part of the experience, Keep your race training in mind and dial up your race awareness to max, forget most all the "this is the way they do it where I am from", and keep it light.

Now let's see if I can remember that.....

the two guys that were nice, did they rack up all the penalties?

which guys did what?  i was really excited to see them out there, it was cool.  JR is factory backed by Ford, and has his own edition of the mustang, the Ready to Rock edition.  JR is like super cool and pretty fun, and i've known the guys as fellow competitiors back when i was doing that, i can kinda see some of the ...dissapointing stuff from some of them back in 2004 but i thought they'd outgrown it.

I really hope they come back out, me and the texas guys were gonna try to hit some events cross country just for the hell of it.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

1400Laps wrote:

My first time at a Lemons race was the toughest attitude adjustment.  My short classroom session to all first timers would be " Accept whatever happens as part of the experience, Keep your race training in mind and dial up your race awareness to max, forget most all the "this is the way they do it where I am from", and keep it light. .

Well said. I really had to check my attitude for our first race when our team got black flagged for what we believed was a false passing under yellow call (but later confirmed by in car video). One of my team members (who does have a bit of an attitude problem) started giving shit to Jonny. While I was just as pissed as he was about the black flag, I almost literally threw him out of the penalty box because I knew the attitude would just make a bad situation way worse. Just take it in stride. I can think of several instances where I probably could have been black flagged that wasn't. So don't take it personal (unless you're Troy or Lyle... j/k).

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

"We had to write the following 100 times. I will let you try to fill in the blanks.  Drifters are (blank) that (blank) and call it style."

lol. Does the "sport" of drifting really still exist?

mikespeed95 wrote:

the two guys that were nice, did they rack up all the penalties?

which guys did what?

The tall, thin, blond dude was the guy that not only denied getting two passing under yellows in a row, but gave me the most shit. He's also the one that accused the flaggers of being "out to get" them. So, when I heard that, and realized these guys had red mist, I told him to go up into timing and scoring for 30 minutes and watch what's going on (if any of you ever want to, come see me and I can sit you down in timing and scoring for half an hour -- it's quite eye opening).

Anyhow, blondie freaked out and told me he'd rather put the car on the trailer and go home than do that. So I took his wrist band. The short guy was also a dick to me, but earlier in the day than the blond guy.

Vaughn Gitten and the tall redhead were both really cool, to me at least.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Ya know...some people just don't get it, and will never get it, no matter what IT is..

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Judge Jonny wrote:

(if any of you ever want to, come see me and I can sit you down in timing and scoring for half an hour -- it's quite eye opening).

OR..... you can go to Radio Shack and buy a scanner.  Then you can monitor the corner stations and HQ.  I found the conversations boring most of the time.  No conspiracies, just a bunch of penalty calls

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

MurileeMartin wrote:
some guy on the drift site wrote:

Jay is cool, but the judges are old and tired.

You're way better off with me and/or Jonny than Jay when you show up in the Penalty Box. Unfair, cruel, and arbitrarily harsh as we may be, we're the bleeding-heart liberals of the Lemons Justice System, next to Jay "Get That Heap On The Fucking Trailer" Lamm. Remember, his ass is the one that gets sued if your aggressive, "incidental contact"-prone driving puts someone in the hospital.

As for how we oughta "hear both sides of the story"... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (pause for breath) ha ha ha ha HA hahahahahaahahhahaaa!

Jay @ CMP after our fourth box visit in one day (saturday).  "you guys are this close to loading up and going home.  but I'm feeling generous, you are done for the day."

"tomorrow you need to drive like your grandmother is in the car, like there is a flat of eggs on the roof of your car."  "and if i ever see you or hear anything more of you guys, you are out of here"  Jay is just a big ole softy.  smile

next race "look the Dog Car is back".  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Judge Jonny wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (pause for breath) ha ha ha ha HA hahahahahaahahhahaaa!

I would just like to add: ha ha ah ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahaha1!!!

Excellent lungs. Nonsmoker?

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Them Drifters must be the Shizzznit. Bet they live by the Reese Bobby (Ricky Bobby's pop) code: If you ain't first, you're last. That there is words to live by...

So basically the 240SX was like a Meth Lab house....... 
Satellite TV Dish and the lights on, but no one home. 

Wait, one of those guys was a drifter?  Haaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaa
(Phil breath)   Haaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaa............toolbox

At one time this weekend, Mr. Gitten had claimed (in the comments on his website) that Tommy Kendall's team was also tossed from the event at Thunderhill.  The comment isn't there now, though.  If that's true, then my prior comment comparing the drifters to Mr. Kendall was off-base...

Team Co-Craptain, Los Cerdos Voladores
Plymouth Neon
Yeah, we're horrible...but we're LEAST Horrible

There is a formula for successful Lemons driving.

Most of us get it...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Correction- very few of us get it....

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

some people just don't (& never will) get it......

so I will quote da rules

"1.1: Organizer Decisions: Organizer's decisions are final. If you don't like it, tough. Get your own race."

"2.4: Whiner Eligibility. Whiners are not eligible to compete. If you believe that you might be a whiner, please check with a domestic partner, guardian, or health-care professional before getting the rest of your team kicked the hell out of the race."

nuff said

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

43 (edited by djcommie 2009-12-15 08:10 PM)

I just wanted to say that I'm Daihatsu Touring Car All-Star DJ Commie and I feel that Johnnee let me down with his warm glow and generous nature, Phil's harassing attitude and general whip-cracking, and don't get me started on Jay "I'm on the phone ordering a pizza and a bomb threat" Lamb. Besides volunteering to keep the penalty canopy occupied whilst the judges got Starbucks, driving at T-Hill was like a combination of all the crappy scenes in Vanishing Point and that car chase in Matrix: Reloaded.

tongue

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

44 (edited by FJ40Jim 2010-01-04 01:31 PM)

bob-e wrote:

"We had to write the following 100 times. I will let you try to fill in the blanks.  Drifters are (blank) that (blank) and call it style."

Drifting is a judged competition.

That makes it a real, competitive sport.  Like ice dancing or water ballet... roll

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:
bob-e wrote:

Drifting is a judged competition.

That makes it a real, competitive sport.  Like ice dancing or water ballet... roll

True...& its always the friggin russian judge that screws ya!!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

you really brought this back from 2009 for a lame attempt at a stab at drifting?

lame.

if you're going to knock drifting for being judged, don't you think you should do it somewhere other than a forum for an "endurance race" that has....*gasp* JUDGES!

i don't think I've ever bestowed this honor upon anyone on this forum, so you are the 1st person I'm going to go ahead and call a moron on this forum, congrats.

move along now.

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

"back from 2009"...yup, apparently he did.

all the way back from the ancient history of three weeks ago, even!

i'll take a stab at it:  "drifters are guys who apparently take themselves far too seriously and call it style."

lighten up, bud!

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I thought a Drifter was the guys that were unable to dial in their rear suspension and stop the loose rear wheel slide.  They made a competition out of it? Those who can't drive with the leaders make their own sport?   Hmmmmmmmm.

mikespeed95 wrote:

i don't think I've ever bestowed this honor upon anyone on this forum, so you are the 1st person I'm going to go ahead and call a moron on this forum, congrats.

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be a moron too?? Pick me! Pick me!

Having a bad day eh? Did a splash of blue toilet water make it up your ass or are you always so agreeable? Ha-ha-ha!

Now lets talk about Kill-Switch.

Yours truly,

Sir Horsenotdead
President FLABLAS Anonymous (lower 48)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

50 (edited by Buzz Killington 2010-01-07 03:41 PM)

BushWacker wrote:

I thought a Drifter was the guys that were unable to dial in their rear suspension and stop the loose rear wheel slide.  They made a competition out of it? Those who can't drive with the leaders make their own sport?   Hmmmmmmmm.

drifters, huh?

http://www.filmsquish.com/guts/files/images/high_plains_drifter.jpg

um...maybe we shouldn't make fun of them after all.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11