Re: All you guys now building awesome/ridiculous cars for the '10 season

I've casually had my eyes out for a Seagrave V12, I'll figgure out what to put it in later...preferably something about the same size as the engine.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

I hope to have my pile in the mix. 72 MGB possibly powered by something straight that rhymes with sticks and has a leaf blower powered by the exhaust.... Still designing and destroying. Have the car in my shop and the engine has been spotted. I have pics if you want to use it.

There's a slim chance the Craptation will reappear in 2010.  Want a picture of it on its time flattened tires?

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

"ZomBee".

Yes, YES,  perfect name, you must use it.   Maybe a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies theme, after all the car is English...   Mr Darcy?

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:
"Sparky" Pete wrote:

"ZomBee".

Yes, YES,  perfect name, you must use it.   Maybe a Pride and Prejudice and Zombies theme, after all the car is English...   Mr Darcy?

Great book, reading it now.  About as strange & pointless as racing an MGB.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

I looked really closely at the '56 Prefect earlier today. Had I remembered this thread I'd have brought my camera out with me...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

32 (edited by King Arthur 2009-12-24 04:03 PM)

vwdmc16 wrote:

twin turbo gmc? i want to hear more!!!

I just scored a twin turbo set up for $300.00, complete kit still in the boxes from a guy on crags list. He needed Christmas money and his family was pretty upset and said something about priorities and stuff. (don't tell my wife) so I have 2 used turbos off of late 80's dodges and a inner cooler off a Volvo sw I could let go real cheap. I'll post on parts soon.
            Merry Christmas from "Charlie Brown" and the Peanuts gang cool
                                  Dave

33 (edited by djcommie 2009-12-27 11:34 PM)

I will soon have a supercharger sticking out of the Daihatsu Charade's hood if I can't get the intake manifold cut down enough, that cool enough?

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

djcommie wrote:

I will soon have a supercharger sticking out of the Daihatsu Charade's hood if I can't get the intake manifold cut down enough, that cool enough?

Yeah, we need more superchargers. Be sure to use an intercooler off a Detroit Diesel Series 60.

35 (edited by Spinnetti 2009-12-28 06:43 AM)

Gosh, I felt all original and stuff when I built the Lexus, but now gotta find me something else, or maybe twin ghettochargers would do the trick?... Don't have all the cool cars here like you get in CA...

Here's the lex build if anybody is interested.... just need to put the cage in and buy real tires and brake pads....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 … c51eb4fec1

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Spinnetti wrote:

Gosh, I felt all original and stuff when I built the Lexus, but now gotta find me something else, or maybe twin ghettochargers would do the trick?... Don't have all the cool cars here like you get in CA...

Here's the lex build if anybody is interested.... just need to put the cage in and buy real tires and brake pads....

I'd say you won't need ghettochargers.....that Lexus V8 has power as is...especially in a lighter car....you can probably get near 1000lbs out of it....make it around 3200lbs and its 260hp?  engine is plenty...

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

We are always happy to see more LS400s on the track.

I got my shit a little more organized tonight.  too late?

Mac@Triangle wrote:

I got my shit a little more organized tonight.  too late?

Since the article has already be published I'd say too late.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

icemang17 wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

I'd say you won't need ghettochargers.....that Lexus V8 has power as is...especially in a lighter car....you can probably get near 1000lbs out of it....make it around 3200lbs and its 260hp?  engine is plenty...

Nah, not for the power, for the redneck/ghetto engineering aspect! Actually, we had at least a numerical shot at a win at nelsons until a couple of last minute penalties followed by by the diff grenading from getting rear ended hard (twice).. That with all of 100hp.....

I was hoping to get the lex down to 3000 or so... Need to get it on the scales to see how close I am... On my real race car, I guessed within 5lb, so I hope I can do the same with this one!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I'm worried about the trans.. one ran west coast didn't it? Did it hang together? I haven't touched the motor or trans except for fluid changes and fixing the accessory drive (fix as in remove half of it anyway)....

Spinnetti wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

I'm worried about the trans.. one ran west coast didn't it? Did it hang together? I haven't touched the motor or trans except for fluid changes and fixing the accessory drive (fix as in remove half of it anyway)....

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/10/medium_2967919381_80fdfaa203_o.jpg

We had an LS400 at Houston, and it did pretty well on the track... until the engine overheated and blew both head gaskets. Then the team let us use it for the fiendish Lexus Starter Removal Challenge Penalty.

43 (edited by Spinnetti 2009-12-30 05:49 PM)

MurileeMartin wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/galle … a203_o.jpg

We had an LS400 at Houston, and it did pretty well on the track... until the engine overheated and blew both head gaskets. Then the team let us use it for the fiendish Lexus Starter Removal Challenge Penalty.

Thanks for the info. Hmm. I would think the engine would be the strong part. I still have the original radiator in it too... have any contact info for them? I'd like to compare notes. IOE it ain't, but I'm particularly proud of my multi-power-every-which-way race seat made from a real race seat and the guts of the stock seat.... Thats my "banned homemade tech" effort.