51 (edited by dpvog 2009-12-20 07:49 AM)

Re: But... it's cheaper THIS way!!!

It's all good, Troy.  Didn't mean to stress anyone out.  Just goofing around and feeling out the terrain.  No hard feelings, truly. I've no doubt that if I do Lemons, and particularly if I grab the pre-caged car to race with, I'll get a few penalty laps courtesy of these posts.  But I'm just chatting and I truly will be okay with the extra BS laps if they come.  I'm glad you had fun and caught a buzz at the party, and yes, I certainly believe there are folks out there with more mechanical skill and creative instincts than myself.  As for the Fifth Ammendment, I'm not sure how it relates to us here.  It deals with an accused citizen's rights against self-incrimination.  I hope you didn't get behind a wheel last night, or I fear you may have heard all about it when you were mirandized. I don't know, maybe you meant the First Ammendment?  Or maybe you were telling me you think I should avail myself of my right to "remain silent?"  If that's what you meant, it might have been good advice a couple of days ago, but at this point I'm afraid that particular horse has already left the barn.   smile

Thou aforementioned inference that thou may not prefer to "incriminate" thineself by praising the awesomeness of this vehicular entity in front of those who shall judge is wise beyond known years. If thou desire the ability to race then take 5 days pence and purchase said chariot and let thou investment plant a seed that can grow into a bounty of nickels. It matters not to those at which you type toward, it's only to the of greater stature to at which you will be judged! Not to discount, the plague of the curse of thine people shall reek havoc across the lands if those common folk are trodden upon unfairly. So I say go forth and do as you will but forget not the wrath of your actions.

- Huf_Arted 7:11

As we say down here in the deep south......Y'ALL   A'INT   RITE!

Dpvog, apparently you know understand the Fifth Amendment.  It just doesn't look like you understand how to use it.

The Right to Remain Silent is another good one.

No, I didn't drive anywhere last night.  Nor was I that intoxicated. 

Regarding you and your wet dream of a race prepped potential LeMon.  You are right, it can be cheaper to buy a built car. 

The question is whether you are man enough to put your money where your mouth is, by buying the car and racing it or are you gonna blow off the car and keep going on about how contradictory the rules are?

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

dpvog wrote:

A note to everyone:  What ever happens, PLEASE DON'T VOTE TO CRUSH THE WARTBURG.  It deserves to live a long and happy 2nd life with its new 3.2 liter flat 6.

LOL... they can vote to crush it if they want, that's the way the game is played.  No 3.2 Flat 6 though. But the car, free pass and all, is still being built legal.  Right now our only investment is in a $300 subaru which provided the motor and we will be able to part out to get that $300 back so we don't really have anything invested.   Building cheap cars isnt that hard after you've been doing it awhile.   That is why the whole build is posted online, there's no secrets about this car.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

56 (edited by dpvog 2009-12-20 11:34 AM)

Troy wrote:

Dpvog, apparently you know understand the Fifth Amendment.  It just doesn't look like you understand how to use it.

The Right to Remain Silent is another good one.

No, I didn't drive anywhere last night.  Nor was I that intoxicated. 

Regarding you and your wet dream of a race prepped potential LeMon.  You are right, it can be cheaper to buy a built car. 

The question is whether you are man enough to put your money where your mouth is, by buying the car and racing it or are you gonna blow off the car and keep going on about how contradictory the rules are?

The "right to remain silent" that everyone has heard on cop shows is precisely the common-speak Miranda notification of the arrestee's rights against self-incrimination as guarenteed under the fifth ammendment.  They are one and the same. 

As to whether I am "man enough" to put my money where my mouth is, that's not really my biggest problem.  I WANT to do it because it looks like a boat load of fun.  The real question is, can I find a bunch of guys to do it with?  I know plenty of people, but unfortunately, not many car guys.  The most obvious other driver besides myself just had surgery for a brain tumor (yes, really) and while the surgery went very well and he's doing great, he still hasn't recovered 100% eyesite, so while he's driving on the street okay, he's still worried about racing.  Then I have the usual other assortment of problems with other guys.  One guy is totally on board, but he's 6'5" and 320 lbs.  Another guy has only driven Solo II and doesn't like the idea of wheel to wheel racing.  Add in all the usual problems with wives, kids, time, money and so on and so forth, and it's just looking tough to field a team of drivers.

57 (edited by dpvog 2009-12-20 12:10 PM)

What size Subie pancake in the Wartburg?  I hope it's at least a 2.2?

Yep, 2.2, they are cheap and plentiful.  I had access to a 2.0T from a WRX but a) it didnt seem very lemony and b) it would have grenaded our transmission.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."