Topic: Who's in for Halloween?

Just looked and there's a happy accepted next to our entry. Waiting for the Pay up Sucker email.

I have delusions of going for a top 3 finish in C-Class. Who knows what will happen.

Who else is coming?

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Re: Who's in for Halloween?

Sorry for Party Racing will be there.

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

We're in with 4 cars this time, as of now.  All but the Cortina are also running at CMP so who knows what we will blow up before then.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

We'll be there. We are just not sure how many cars. It will depend on how many drivers we can come up with.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Cheatee Cheatee Bang Bang will be there for our 3rd race/experience. 

Woo Hoo!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Yeah, we finally got the motor switched off from last weekend, so we're in...

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

DNF racing got accepted.  Who knew? ?!

We will be there. 

Party on Garth!

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

Merkurian Falcon will be there (attempts at a re-theme met with no consensus, so we'll stick with what we know). I suppose I should chain the nose of the car to a tree and try to get the wheelbase close to the same on both sides again.

I know some friends are coming with a clapped out New Beetle with a Drag Racing theme (think Rocky Horror or Prom Night instead of 1,320').

Lemontarians are in and we are now a two car team. Our boring reliable Neon will be there with it's regular drivers but we added a very sketchy  Citation X-11 with all noob drivers that should DOMINATE class C for at least one lap.
That is of course if the start flag on Saturday is dropped on us and immediately we go to a full course caution.

Pro Crash Duh Nation / ARSE is in with my #26 Alfa.

Well, actually it is in after I fix all the crash damage caused by the imbecile in the Camaro that locked all his wheels immediately after being black flagged at the tower on the front straight of NJMP. (one of many back flags)

He put the brake pedal through the floor, as one does when black flagged. My car at nearly 100 mph a few car lengths back attempted to defy the laws of physics by stopping instantaneously but failed at that. Instead it turned into a makeshift ramp and lifted the Camaro by plowing under it and redesigning the sheet metal that comprises my front end. Lightening my car by draining the coolant from my radiator and piercing my oil cooler to better prevent HP loss from windage.

Thanks for that, Camaro driver.
Same team that pin balled off the Volvo in turn one.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Dahlinboys Over/Under Fireball Integra will be there! Our favorite track!

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

Yes, As Sonic elluded to, The Cortina should be there... Cringing at the thought of paying this weekend though as I still don't have the last part for the motor rebuild... I may just have to buy some Crazy Glue and put the piston back together-ish and hope for the best...  Tonight we are redoing brake lines; guess stopping will help if we get her to go!

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

The Fox will be there!  We have less to fix for this race..... so far.....

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

WarpdSpazm wrote:

Yes, As Sonic elluded to, The Cortina should be there... Cringing at the thought of paying this weekend though as I still don't have the last part for the motor rebuild... I may just have to buy some Crazy Glue and put the piston back together-ish and hope for the best...  Tonight we are redoing brake lines; guess stopping will help if we get her to go!

Brakes and steering are redundant systems.  When one fails, use the other.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Virginia's owner wrote:

Lemontarians are in and we are now a two car team. Our boring reliable Neon will be there with it's regular drivers but we added a very sketchy  Citation X-11 with all noob drivers that should DOMINATE class C for at least one lap.
That is of course if the start flag on Saturday is dropped on us and immediately we go to a full course caution.

Oh scary a Citation X-11 what ditch was that found in?   When i first enlisted in the USAF they sent me to Korea  and Osan AB had those things as Taxi's.  All I can every remember from the Soju hangovers was the clacking of the CV joints.

racinrob wrote:
WarpdSpazm wrote:

Brakes and steering are redundant systems.  When one fails, use the other.

Redundancy assumes at some point both are working...  I guess in Lemons we dont make the asumption that its ever at the SAME point.  Autozone ran out of parts so brakes are currently in worse shape than before we started.. good thing she's still strapped to the trailer..

But I found the piston!  so we may have a motor by October. yay us.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
'04 Mitsu in the works

17 (edited by TheEngineer 2014-08-30 02:13 PM)

Here's my list of things to complete before the race

- new steering column (we're so strong we physically ripped the metal internal structure of the existing one)
- Rebuild the engine again
- finish redoing the entire brake system (turns out our front brakes flat out haven't been working. Rear pads are down to the metal backing plate, fronts are unused, still have the chamfer on each side)
- install a new shift cable
- install a fuel cell
- move the battery
- move the intercooler to a front mount configuration
- check the whole cooling system
- rewire every control that was on the steering column to the switch panel
- Acquire and mount new tires
Optional:
- Chip the ECU and re-tune
- install a water injection system

Today with help from the team we got the engine out, found the damage to the steering column, redid the brake hardlines and installed a new bias valve, and pulled out the old shift cable.

8 weekends to go (including this one), and only 3 have zero plans so far.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Garage email went out just now. Just a heads up.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

I had e-mailed nick last week about garage rental.  He never responded and now it appears to be sold out?  Bummer

Yup, sucks indeed.  I emailed on the fly from my phone to get a space assignment, got one and thought we were good, went home to log on and toggle the garage rental on and pay for it... and couldn't as they were all sold out by then.  Moving on...

Anyone who got one want to sublet half of their garage to us?  We've done that at NHMS before both as subletter and subletee, and it worked out fine.

Tom

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

Double check guys, the garage toggle was buried a menu deeper than I expected.

Also most teams are going to be sharing unless they're Rally Baby, they probably bought out the whole north garage and the entire northbound I 93 Hooksett "safety rest area" liquor store!  smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

That said, if you're stopping for cheap bribe booze, the rest areas are under serious construction right now and kind of suck for tow rig parking.

Anyone have half a garage they'd like to rent?

Anyone know if there are any RV hookups on the North side of the North Garages?
I had emailed Nick within an hour of his email and he got back to say all the Center garages had already been booked at that point!  Hoping there's power/water over there so we can keep the RVs near the garages. We are usually on the South side and never took a look over that way.

'04 Mitsu in the works

Well, according to the Operations peeps at NHMS, there IS RV power on the North side.

'04 Mitsu in the works

squidrope wrote:

Anyone have half a garage they'd like to rent?

Did I mention that we have a guy that'll be wearing a dress?
And a flowered hat? 
And a beard!    wink