Re: Who's in for Halloween?

squidrope wrote:
squidrope wrote:

Anyone have half a garage they'd like to rent?

Did I mention that we have a guy that'll be wearing a dress?
And a flowered hat? 
And a beard!    wink

But it's an E30.... Need more than a single cross dresser to wooo Lemonites over.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

The Chevette will be there.     

No major changes.   Nor will there be in the future.    we're building something bigger and better (but it's going slow)

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Alfaholic wrote:

Yup, sucks indeed.  I emailed on the fly from my phone to get a space assignment, got one and thought we were good, went home to log on and toggle the garage rental on and pay for it... and couldn't as they were all sold out by then.  Moving on...

Anyone who got one want to sublet half of their garage to us?  We've done that at NHMS before both as subletter and subletee, and it worked out fine.

Tom

Just a hopeful bump-- anyone who was able to secure garage interested in splitting it with us?

Scuderia Regurgito  '75 Fiat 131, '93 e36
2010 Stafford: Winner, class ugly  2011 NJMP: Organizer's Choice and violently exploded gearbox
2011 Stafford: Most From the Least, 2012 NJMP: Shockingly issue free, 2012 Loudon: Rod thru block
2012 Hooptiefest: Multiple spun bearings, 2013 Monticello: Head gaskets, 2013 Loudon: More head gaskets, 2013 NJMP, 2013 Hooptiefest, 2014 NJMPx2 and Heroic Fix

We're in! Same lineup as earlier this year - GA16-powered 924 and Quest Minivan. We'll be parked far away in the field, like always.

K Car Stalker

Just called NHMS re: the Friday test. Phone: (603) 783-4931
Test session would be 9:00am - 5:00pm
Car with one driver $150. Each additional driver $50. Wow. Is that the most expensive test session per team in the nation?
On top of that, $10 gate fee to enter the track on Friday per person, regardless of participation in the test day. WAT?

that's what they've charged for testing for a while now.

They shouldn't be charging a gate fee for teams, that might be for spectators.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

They shouldn't be charging a gate fee for teams, that might be for spectators.

I've talked to two people on the phone and unless I really do not speak American they have confirmed that on Friday everyone pays the gate fee to enter the track. So first you pay $300 for the whole team to test and then you pay $40 for the whole team to enter the track, making it a grand total of $340.

Obviously I might be wrong with anything.

Charging teams to get into an event we've already paid for seems strange, and not something they've previously done. If they're really trying to do that I bet they'll back off when everyone objects at the gate.

I never do testing days, so i just ignore that cost.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Actually, it's no worse than NJMP.... That was $300 flat for the day (if pre-registered, $350 day of).  Now if you don't plan to list all 4 drivers, you save $50 per head where you didn't get that option at NJMP.... The $10/person gate fee is annoying, though if we are pulling in on Thursday night, I wonder if they are doing a band or something to see who paid that... In theory, even people NOT running the test day should be subject to the $10 charge, so I wouldn't factor that towards the test day costs.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
'04 Mitsu in the works

WarpdSpazm wrote:

In theory, even people NOT running the test day should be subject to the $10 charge, so I wouldn't factor that
towards the test day costs.

Right. it's just that usually Lemons teams arriving at the event do not pay to enter the facility on Friday - that's my experience from the other 5 or six tracks I've been to.

So i found a few minutes at lunch and called since I was out of the building. I got the same answer, $10/person, no matter what. I asked what changed this year since we've never been charged this in the past, and we always run open testing. The person said she looked at last year's and this is the same cost. I responded that we've never been charged the gate fee since we've already paid up with Lemons, and she had no answer.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

russian wrote:
WarpdSpazm wrote:

In theory, even people NOT running the test day should be subject to the $10 charge, so I wouldn't factor that

Right. it's just that usually Lemons teams arriving at the event do not pay to enter the facility on Friday - that's my experience from the other 5 or six tracks I've been to.

Given that tech is on Friday and you have to attend tech for Lemons, I bet the person is mistaken.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

dculberson wrote:
russian wrote:
WarpdSpazm wrote:

Given that tech is on Friday and you have to attend tech for Lemons, I bet the person is mistaken.

I made that point very clear when asking, pointing out that the event we have already paid Lemons for is a friday through sunday event. She still said that there was a gate fee for friday due to the testing day.

Anyone else that wants to call and ask go for it.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

Based on numerous phone chats with NHMS.  They are very friendly, but not the most well informed or brightest bulbs...

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

We'll be there with the Civic, the Accordion, and the Lexus. Nothing new, sorry. No time, and we're a bit burned out.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Thank you for giving someone else a chance at IOE Jeff!

'04 Mitsu in the works

WarpdSpazm wrote:

Thank you for giving someone else a chance at IOE Jeff!

Seriously.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

43 (edited by racinrob 2014-10-02 11:03 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:
dculberson wrote:
russian wrote:

I made that point very clear when asking, pointing out that the event we have already paid Lemons for is a friday through sunday event. She still said that there was a gate fee for friday due to the testing day.

Anyone else that wants to call and ask go for it.

I was charged this $10 fee last year on Friday morning.  I got the chance to ask Jay about it and he told me that should not be the case.  IIRC, Jay contacted someone from the track to get it changed.

Then again, CMP charged us $15 at 4:00am Friday morning since we were there before 7:00am, when Lemons rental starts.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

This wouldn't be the first time the people answering the phone at NHMS have given wacky answers, I would say don't freak out until it actually happens, and then if it does, bring it up to Jay.  He can either talk to them and get your money back, or say sorry we are all SOL I had to pay at the gate too. 

They are all very nice and friendly at NHMS (except the one tow driver who didn't seem to understand I can't see his hand signals in my rearview mirror when hes pushing my car, he was a dick about it), but oftentimes not well informed.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

This wouldn't be the first time the people answering the phone at NHMS have given wacky answers, I would say don't freak out until it actually happens, and then if it does, bring it up to Jay.  He can either talk to them and get your money back, or say sorry we are all SOL I had to pay at the gate too. 

They are all very nice and friendly at NHMS (except the one tow driver who didn't seem to understand I can't see his hand signals in my rearview mirror when hes pushing my car, he was a dick about it), but oftentimes not well informed.

I don't recall being charged at the last couple of NHMS events. My guess is that some people were not informed properly.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

The remnants of the Spaceballs 280Z will be there, but clothed in a 1991 Mustang shell.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z278/d_burden/IMG_20141005_173923_zps0986c041.jpg

Dave

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

Could one of you fine fellows tell me which layout they typically run at NHMS for a Lemons race?  First time at the track and want to turn some laps on iRacing and don't want to make the same mistake I made at NJMP and practice the wrong layout, talk about a surprise when I came up to the first chicane and they were using it....if you could have seen my face, it was classic....

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

TigeRyan wrote:

Could one of you fine fellows tell me which layout they typically run at NHMS for a Lemons race?  First time at the track and want to turn some laps on iRacing and don't want to make the same mistake I made at NJMP and practice the wrong layout, talk about a surprise when I came up to the first chicane and they were using it....if you could have seen my face, it was classic....

We run the road coarse, using both north and south chicanes, neither of the ovals.

http://www.comscc.org/events/track-information/nhms/nhms.gif

Sorry For Party Racing! - 1985 Pontiac Firebird - Car #35

A race car exists only in two states: broken or in the process of becoming that way.

quick question.. is there a Halloween/ costume party at this event?

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

Isn't there one at every event?

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia