Re: Who is in, Gingerman 2 14'

Fishah wrote:

Hey guys,

I need a tachometer. The oem one failed, and I don't want to spend $60 to have an aftermarket tach expedited to.me.

Does anyone have a used aftermarket tach I can buy at the track? Or one I can borrow for a weekend?

Thanks!!!

I have a small'ish 2 & 5/8" Autometer Tach that I'm not using. We should be arriving late Thursday evening.  If something happens and we have to pull out, I can get it to Team Sheen as well.

Drop me a PM later next week and remind me.  We've got a nasty crunch-week ahead of us with the Chrysler, so I'll need frequent reminders.  :-)

The Pentastar whisperer

tSoG wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

I have a manual bender with a 1 3/4" die and el cheapo notcher all mounted on an easy to secure pedestal.  Let me know if I need to bring it to the track as I have to get a couple of things to make it easier to manage when not anchored to my driveway (you basically park a car on it).

Which model bender? I might have a a really, really, bad idea.

The older version of this one...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HCK-WFB2/

1 3/4" die in it.  I would need to grab new "handle" for it as I cut up the 1" x 2" x 12' tube I used to use...because racecar.

Let me know if you want me to load it on the trailer.  Too late to make the modifications at home but I can bring the stock and we just borrow a welder.

OnkelUdo wrote:
tSoG wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

I have a manual bender with a 1 3/4" die and el cheapo notcher all mounted on an easy to secure pedestal.  Let me know if I need to bring it to the track as I have to get a couple of things to make it easier to manage when not anchored to my driveway (you basically park a car on it).

1 3/4" die in it.  I would need to grab new "handle" for it as I cut up the 1" x 2" x 12' tube I used to use...because racecar.

Let me know if you want me to load it on the trailer.  Too late to make the modifications at home but I can bring the stock and we just borrow a welder.

So a jdsquare 1.5 inch die wont fit. Never mind. Don't worry bout it.

Fishah, I can probably lend you the tach from le mopar. Will pull it out and bring it. Not gonna arrive til sometime friday.

If anyone else wants to place bacon orders, I only have about 70lbs on hand, so itll be first come first serve. 40 bucks per slab

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
tSoG wrote:

So a jdsquare 1.5 inch die wont fit. Never mind. Don't worry bout it.
It's a legal knock-off of that design so who knows.

Fishah, I can probably lend you the tach from le mopar. Will pull it out and bring it. Not gonna arrive til sometime friday.

If anyone else wants to place bacon orders, I only have about 70lbs on hand, so itll be first come first serve. 40 bucks per slab

Bayley wrote:

I have a small'ish 2 & 5/8" Autometer Tach that I'm not using. We should be arriving late Thursday evening.  If something happens and we have to pull out, I can get it to Team Sheen as well.

Drop me a PM later next week and remind me.  We've got a nasty crunch-week ahead of us with the Chrysler, so I'll need frequent reminders.

Cool, thanks man! I was thinking I'd like something a bit bigger, but 2.5" is a heck of a lot better than nothing. I'll PM you next week.

tSoG wrote:

Thanks Soggy! That's an awesome offer. Is that a 5" tach by chance?

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:
Bayley wrote:

Drop me a PM later next week and remind me.  We've got a nasty crunch-week ahead of us with the Chrysler, so I'll need frequent reminders.

Cool, thanks man! I was thinking I'd like something a bit bigger, but 2.5" is a heck of a lot better than nothing. I'll PM you next week.

tSoG wrote:

Provenance either way. WCPGW?

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

you flippin cheaters and your fancy tack-o-meters

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:

Let them have their fancy meters, it will only distract them.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
derekste wrote:

Water temp, oil pressure, I already have too much stuff to look at!

Does anyone know the details of the schedule?  Quiet time is 10am-noon Sunday, right?

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

almitydave wrote:
BoB wrote:
derekste wrote:

Does anyone know the details of the schedule?  Quiet time is 10am-noon Sunday, right?

It's on the event page.  12:00 we go out on track, green flag at 12:15.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Racin_G73 wrote:
almitydave wrote:
BoB wrote:

It's on the event page.  12:00 we go out on track, green flag at 12:15.

In April, Top 10 gridded through the Penalty Box and everyone else lined up at the top of the hill in the paddock at somewhere around 11:45 or so. All of this was done without engines, so get your pushin' arms on.

When the clock struck noon, the Top 10 rolled off and then everyone followed. There was one pace lap under yellow and they threw the green at the end of the second pace lap, which was a couple minutes before 12:15, IIRC.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Well... We DO have a week till the race... Brake booster shmake shmooster... Who needs a brake booster?

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/Snapbucket/5D4436E4_zpsf96abfa2.jpg

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

88 (edited by OnkelUdo 2014-10-10 05:22 PM)

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Well... We DO have a week till the race... Brake booster shmake shmooster... Who needs a brake booster?

Is this a real question (surely not).  Girly men need brake boosters.  We ran 7 hours at Road America wondering why the brakes felt so hard but easy to modulate. Forgot the brake booster vac line after the engine swap.

power brakes? bah
power steering? lol
power windows/locks? never even an option on any model by the brand.
power to accelerate? ...maybe next year.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/Snapbucket/5D4436E4_zpsf96abfa2.jpg

Ppphhhhbbbbtttt.  Brakes ?  We don't even have a head on our car, yer way ahead of the game.

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Fishah wrote:
Bayley wrote:

tSoG wrote:

Bayley and Tsog:

Thanks so much for your offer! I actually sorted my old tachometer problem, and I don't need to borrow a tach anymore. Thanks again for your generosity though!

TSog bring tachometer for me I need to up my cheating game

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

sigh

my tach doesn't have that much cheat in it.

Early weather prediction for South Haven:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t226/white93ltz/Untitled_zps8d099d91.jpg

95 (edited by Bayley 2014-10-13 06:36 AM)

Fishah wrote:

Bayley and Tsog:

Thanks so much for your offer! I actually sorted my old tachometer problem, and I don't need to borrow a tach anymore. Thanks again for your generosity though!

Glad to hear you are getting things sorted out. We're bringing our A game (to B class) so be ready for a battle... for the first thirty minutes or so, and then you can find us in the pits.

The Pentastar whisperer

Like I said... Balmy!!!

Fishah wrote:

Early weather prediction for South Haven:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t226/white93ltz/Untitled_zps8d099d91.jpg

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Racing.  Racing.  Racing.  Racing.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Bayley wrote:
Fishah wrote:

Bayley and Tsog:

Glad to hear you are getting things sorted out. We're bringing our A game (to B class) so be ready for a battle... for the first thirty minutes or so, and then you can find us in the pits.

The real question is your car fuel injected or carbureted

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
Bayley wrote:
Fishah wrote:

Bayley and Tsog:

They went back to the dark side, but when it all turns to crap they will be searching the pit begging for a carb. I won't have one but will have a few adapters  smile

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
BoB wrote:

They went back to the dark side, but when it all turns to crap they will be searching the pit begging for a carb. I won't have one but will have a few adapters  smile

what they should do is have it setup that they can easily switch to carburated.  have everything setup with maybe just a plate covering where the carburetor would sit so they can do it quickly.

Facebook Page