Topic: Why is there only one race in North East?

Seems like the whole country is loaded with enough Le Mons races to keep a team busy all season, except for us folks in North East.  How come the entire Northest Region of the US has only one race? NY, NJ, CT, MA, NH, VT, ME, RI... one race.  What's up with that?

Re: Why is there only one race in North East?

Because the organizers are from the southwest... 

Also, the tracks in the area are typically booked solid.  My SCCA region had to sell a weekend at Pocono one year.  From the decision to sell it, to an agreement to buy it took less than 5 minutes - that is how much demand there is.  (don't even get me started on why we could make more money sell the date vs. holding a race)

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

3 (edited by TeamDFL 2009-12-18 08:54 AM)

Rumor had it that the boys wanted to have an event at NJMP but the track's calendar would not permit it.  There is no way in hell Lime Rock Park or Monticello will let our crap heaps soil their paddocks.  NHMS is a 4 to 5 hour haul from the NY metro area so Summit Point is probably a better location.  I have no idea if Pocono wants money bad enough to allow a Lemons.

Perhaps I'll have my Edsel50iL ready for a 2011 Lemons du Guido at NJMP..

EDIT:  What will they call a New Jersey Lemons? Joisy Fisticuffs, Vinny Bag o' Rod Bearings, Spray Tan and Gold Chain-o-rama?

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

TeamDFL wrote:

EDIT:  What will they call a New Jersey Lemons? Joisy Fisticuffs, Vinny Bag o' Rod Bearings, Spray Tan and Gold Chain-o-rama?

Hey, your car's a real piece o' shit. No disrespect.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

RobL wrote:

Because the organizers are from the southwest...

When did the Bay Area get moved to New Mexico? smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Is San Fran/Oakland/LA south and west of the center of the country?

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

While I think NHMS (Loudon, NH) would be a successful event (4-5 hr tow from NYC? boo-hoo!), and the facilities are awesome (two huge garages, with lights, air, and water), huge paved paddock, heated bathrooms with showers, classroom, media center, restaurant (ok that part's not quite awesome), tons of room, chicanes to slow down the cars, lots of concrete to keep cars on their feet wink ), finding a weekend that doesn't require plowing services is impossible. Jay would literally have to buy it from a club at a premium. And he should. 24 hour race. Maybe in May ... <pop> back to reality.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

dpvog wrote:

How come the entire Northest Region of the US has only one race?

Hey, cheer up-- that's exactly one more event than we've got in the Pacific Northwest.  If everyone here can drive to (at least) central or southern California, you can just as easily drive to Illinois, Michigan, or the Carolinas.  The distances are about the same and I'm pretty sure most of the intervening states have paved roads.

Mike Harrell

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Summit Point WV isn't TOO far away, but yes, we're open to NJMP in the future.

10 (edited by dpvog 2009-12-18 02:17 PM)

I can see it clearly now:  NJMP, May, 2011, TheShitboxStugots     

"Da trunk HAPPENS to be empty, an notfunuttin, but I tink yous shud mind your own vukin business." 

Comment overheard during tech inspection.

Ever seen Jersey Shore? That is why

Formerly an asshole driving an Infinity
Now just another cock with a Porsche
Chief bad decision maker of Team Lowbrau

the head wrote:

Ever seen Jersey Shore? That is why

Ever seen Southern New England?  It's even more beautiful than Newark is ugly.

you Yankees, always pissin' and moanin'.  and at each other too.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

But at least we never contradict ourselves.

dpvog wrote:

But at least we never contradict ourselves.

apparently ya'll ain't privy to the really good "shine" then.  smile

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

TeamDFL wrote:

Rumor had it that the boys wanted to have an event at NJMP but the track's calendar would not permit it.

The reasons are a bit different but I've got a good contact with NJMP now and Im trying to clear up some of their misunderstandings to open the door for Jay and Co to discuss again.

NJMP is about 30 min from my house, you can be dang sure I'll do anything in my power to get this going for them if I can smile

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

the head wrote:

Ever smelled Jersey Shore? That is why

Fixed that for you.

RobL wrote:
the head wrote:

Ever smelled Jersey Shore? That is why

Fixed that for you.

Perth - Amboy   Dutch Boy Paint Factory.  crest that bridge and breathe deep.   aaaaaahhaahahahahha.

Grandparents lived in Belford / Red Bank.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

19 (edited by dpvog 2009-12-18 09:34 PM)

EvergreenDan wrote:

While I think NHMS (Loudon, NH) would be a successful event (4-5 hr tow from NYC? boo-hoo!), and the facilities are awesome (two huge garages, with lights, air, and water), huge paved paddock, heated bathrooms with showers, classroom, media center, restaurant (ok that part's not quite awesome), tons of room, chicanes to slow down the cars, lots of concrete to keep cars on their feet wink ), finding a weekend that doesn't require plowing services is impossible.

So what's so bad about plowing?  They have the Winter Olympics, so what about a winter 24 Hours of Lemons?  We have plenty of frozen lakes in New England in the winter, and I bet they would cost a hell of a lot less to use than Limerock.

dpvog wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

While I think NHMS (Loudon, NH) would be a successful event (4-5 hr tow from NYC? boo-hoo!), and the facilities are awesome (two huge garages, with lights, air, and water), huge paved paddock, heated bathrooms with showers, classroom, media center, restaurant (ok that part's not quite awesome), tons of room, chicanes to slow down the cars, lots of concrete to keep cars on their feet wink ), finding a weekend that doesn't require plowing services is impossible.

So what's so bad about plowing?  They have the Winter Olympics, so what about a winter 24 Hours of Lemons?  And Lord knows, we have plenty of frozen lakes in New England in the winter, and I bet they would cost a hell of a lot less to use than Limerock.

400 treadwear tires should be the Lemons standard, studs allowed.

no snowmobiles however as you can't easily cage them and they are impossible to drive sober. Damn silly Yankees.

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Summit Point WV isn't TOO far away, but yes, we're open to NJMP in the future.

NJMP needs to happen.  hopefully you guys can get it worked out.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

How about Nelson Ledges in the future?

OhioMark wrote:

From random internet accounts, the track was deemed too dangerious.

RobL wrote:
OhioMark wrote:

The last post I saw on NL suggested that it had nothing to do with safety and everything to do with $$$

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

RobL wrote:
OhioMark wrote:

I've never been to NL, but isn't it surrounded by tire walls?