Topic: Curb Feelers OK

For the pimpalicous caddy-lac we are thinking about putting curb feelers, neon lights, etc.   Would it be safe to say these would be exempt from the 500 dollar limit?  I mean neon and curb feelers, that is just a good idea.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

Re: Curb Feelers OK

Put microswitches on the curb feelers so the neon lights up to let you know a pass is in progress.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Dude I got 5 electrical engineers on our team, I just need to know that the judges understand the freaky that we can bring and won't bs us.

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

bigds01 wrote:

Dude I got 5 electrical engineers on our team, I just need to know that the judges understand the freaky that we can bring and won't bs us.

The judges love freaky. If it's cool or unique, money spent on theme won't be held against you, unless it give you some actual advantage. This question has been asked many times on this forum. Just because this subforum is flame-free doesn't absolve you of the responsibility to search and read before posting.

Now, from the snippy tone of your message, find someone pleasant to talk to the judges. Serious advice.

Near-Orbital Space Monkeys
#528 BMW 528e 121hp Black "Saturn 5" Rocket car with orange foam flames. Sold.
#71 Yellow Fox Mustang. For sale.

Curb feelers?

Hell yes. That said, your car better have a millipede theme with 80,000 curb feelers.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Will it have a working mounted TV antennae broadcasting multiple in-car camera angles from a jumbotron?  That would rock.

Have to have one hell of an inverter. yikes

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Curb feelers I believe should count as safety, they are there to make sure you safely avoid all the curbs on the track.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

reference the Feb 2010 issue of Grassroots Motorsports pg 150, to see our version of curb feelers, made of genuine heavy duty plastic zip ties.

It Ain't My Fault